8) Halo 2 Anniversary
7) Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu
6) The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
5) Starfox 64 3D
4) Metroid: Samus Returns
3) Metroid: Zero Mission
2) Resident Evil
1) Resident Evil 2 Remake

My personal favourites are Nitro Fueled, RE2, and Oddworld. Never got the chance to play The Twin Snakes, wish it came to PS consoles.

And I can't wait till this game joins the fray

5n818ixsh5l31.jpg

Thoughts?

Oct 28, 2017
Seems pretty high for Str Fox 64 considering it was pretty much a visual overhaul with little else changed. I'd put the 3DS Zelda remakes above it.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I haven't played REmake 2 but there's simply no way it's beaten REmake 1. Not having an option for fixed cameras was a mistake.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
SoTC should be higher. Resident Evil is a better remake than Resident Evil 2 even though i like playing Resident Evil 2 more.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Resident Evil 2 is indeed amazing. Should be remembered for a long time.

Magic

Oct 29, 2017
For me SotC needs to be so much higher, potentially #2 behind RE2.

Personal standouts are RE2, SotC, Halo 2, Twin Snakes, CTR, Crash & Spyro Trilogies.

Haven't played Links Awakening yet tho

Oct 28, 2017
Oddworld New n Tasty got a LOT wrong. It's worse than the original in a lot of ways. Controls, visuals and atmosphere.

Crash Trilogy is straight up worse than the originals. Some parts are borderline broken in the remake. High Road being the biggest offender.

Semfry

Oct 25, 2017
Despite having a bunch of issues with it as a remake, no Tomb Raider Anniversary on this list sticks out, especially when there are multiple games that are more like remasters rather than remakes on it (albeit extensive ones). Overall the Resident Evil ones are a level above all but a few others though, although, judged purely as a remake rather than a game in it's own right, I'd probably put RE1 above RE2.

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019
Star Fox 64 3D is way too high and Let's Go should obviously not be there, HGSS is top 3 of all time let alone just Pokémon.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Halo 2 Anniversary? Is this just on the master chief collection? I only remember the Halo CE Anniversary edition.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who made this list? A bunch of 20 year old punks? Super Mario All-Stars says hello.
Super Mario All-Stars is a mixed bag but it's true the list is lacking older remakes like Ys Book I & II (TGCD), Snatcher (various '90s remakes of the '80s game), Sega's Choplifter (Arcade/Master System), Space Invaders: Fukkatsu no Hi (PC Engine), etc.. "All time" lists often forget the "all time" part.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Ratchet and Clank certainly looked the part but the retcon they did to Ratchets character means it shouldn't even make that list as far as I'm concerned.....and half the planets are missing.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Super Mario All-Stars is a mixed bag but it's true the list is lacking older remakes like Ys Book I & II (TGCD), Snatcher (various '90s remakes of the '80s game), Sega's Choplifter (Arcade/Master System), Space Invaders: Fukkatsu no Hi (PC Engine), etc.. "All time" lists often forget the "all time" part.

The Sega CD version of Snatcher is still one of the defining games of my video game life. A commercial failure for Kojima at the time but it had nothing to do with the game's quality.