Oct 27, 2017
I am at the point in chapter 5 where I am supposed to find something by the waterfall but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get to the waterfall all normal stairs seem blocked. Any tips?

Flexo

Jun 10, 2024

Light Valyis

Apr 19, 2024
I don't know if it's regional pricing but GoG are selling this game for 11.89 eur and after all the recommendations on Era I had to buy it

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, just keeps getting better and better 👏 👏 Chapter 4 was amazing, the best yet. It's probably been said a bunch of times in this thread but it's surprising that this their first game.

It's not just the story and characters but they clearly have an eye for visuals and are making the most of what I imagine was a modest budget. The Orchard looks pretty bland and sterile for obvious reasons, but there's plenty of moments within the communions that I'll remember after finishing and wouldn't mind revisiting, and the soundtrack is pitch perfect at every step, as is the voice acting. Can't wait to see where else it goes and I'm confident it's not going to fumble from here given all the praise.

Just based on the first 4 chapters, I'm in day one on whatever they decide to do next. Feels like the kind of experience you get once a generation.

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow I just played it for about 8 hours lol. Finished it, incredible experience. Not quite sure what to make of the ending but I am pretty tired now and the last 5 or so chapters were a hell of a ride to keep up with.

The best walking/talking game I've played since the original Life is Strange.

Soundtrack is phenomenal, I'm definitely buying it on bandcamp.

I look forward to all the longform video essays singing it's praises and breaking it down in future.

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
Soundtrack: Copped, and my word 'The Play' pieces are godly. So much of it is.

Steam review: Submitted.

Brother: Notified. He put me onto the original Life is Strange and nagged me to death play it and thought I would love it even though it didn't look to be my kind of thing. He was right, I adore the first LiS. Now it's my turn 😈

To You, 25,000 Copies Later New
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
25,000 copies sold!! Here's the news post

View: https://x.com/1000xResist/status/1833927942659047755
store.steampowered.com

1000xRESIST - To You, 25,000 Copies Later - Steam News

How things are going 4 months on from release. (SPOILER: Things are going WELL!)

• 20% off to celebrate
  • JPN localization within the next three months
  • Watcher Plush and Secretary Keychain in the works
  • Exploring a physical release and the possibility of a film/TV adaptation
  • New, bigger office
  • sunset visitor is making more games (!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Soundtrack: Copped, and my word 'The Play' pieces are godly. So much of it is.

Steam review: Submitted.

Brother: Notified. He put me onto the original Life is Strange and nagged me to death play it and thought I would love it even though it didn't look to be my kind of thing. He was right, I adore the first LiS. Now it's my turn 😈
Loved reading your reactions

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Man, that's criminially low compared to how darn good the game is... here's hoping it has really long legs and gets some attention around GOTY. Because Ive still not played a game with a story even 10% as good as this one.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
Hey, so could y'all sell me on this game in a short sentence? I'm hovering over the buy button :) (I'm gonna buy it anyway but figured this would be a fun exercise)

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
  • Exploring the possibility of a film/TV adaptation

Nice. I know most probably look at this story as something only a video game could accomplish, but I thought as I was playing it that it'd have a shitload of potential as a TV show, preferably an anime

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Hey, so could y'all sell me on this game in a short sentence? I'm hovering over the buy button :) (I'm gonna buy it anyway but figured this would be a fun exercise)
Overwhelmingly positive reviews, best to go in knowing absolutely nothing and let the game take you for a ride.

Man, that's criminially low compared to how darn good the game is... here's hoping it has really long legs and gets some attention around GOTY. Because Ive still not played a game with a story even 10% as good as this one.
And while this number may not seem huge compared to other games shipped on that day, it's extremely meaningful to us.

What does it mean? It means we can keep the lights on.
It means we can keep making games.
It's working.
We're seeing 1000xRESIST continue to sell well through word of mouth and we couldn't be more excited to have more people experience this strange thing we made.
I think awards season will give it a bump in sales. I don't think 25,000 copies is anything to scoff at though, especially for a game made by a team this small + how brutal this year has been for developers in general. I'm just happy they're able to continue making games. God I'm so excited to see what they do next.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
25,000 copies sold!! Here's the news post

View: https://x.com/1000xResist/status/1833927942659047755
store.steampowered.com

1000xRESIST - To You, 25,000 Copies Later - Steam News

How things are going 4 months on from release. (SPOILER: Things are going WELL!)

• 20% off to celebrate
  • JPN localization within the next three months
  • New, bigger office
  • sunset visitor is making more games (!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Loved reading your reactions

I was hesitating between bumping this thread or make a new one, you took the burden out of me (though maybe we should make a thread to remind people they still haven't played one of their favorite games of 2024).

More seriously, super happy for them! Will gladly buy merch / double dip if it release on PS5 later!

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
(though maybe we should make a thread to remind people they still haven't played one of their favorite games of 2024).
Heeeeeeey go for it!! There's a lot here that I'd say warrants it. More eyes on GOTY can't hurt, especially considering it's on sale.

Mar 25, 2019
Still my GOTY for this year, hope the sales continue to grow! This game deserves all the praise it gets, such a wonderfully affecting experience

Zaro

Nov 13, 2017
Ok i've install it i'll take a break from Xenoblade 3 and play this one (Steam Version).

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Sales won't stop. It might not end up being a 6-digit seller, but the recognition their team is getting will be wonders for their next endeavor. Great news.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Heeeeeeey go for it!! There's a lot here that I'd say warrants it. More eyes on GOTY can't hurt, especially considering it's on sale.
🫡
www.resetera.com

1000xRESIST sold 25K copies in 4 months (it's good!). What's next: JPN localization, goodies, new office and new game. 20% off Steam (buy it). News - Sales

https://x.com/1000xResist/status/1833928120799527088 https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1675830/view/4612337011507083074 The game is currently 25% Off Steam. Do yourself a favor and play one of your favorite games of 2024...

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
how's the game on the switch? i would love to play it on xbox but i dont think they've ever said anything about porting it to consoles.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
🫡
www.resetera.com

1000xRESIST sold 25K copies in 4 months (it's good!). What's next: JPN localization, goodies, new office and new game. 20% off Steam (buy it). News - Sales

https://x.com/1000xResist/status/1833928120799527088 https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1675830/view/4612337011507083074 The game is currently 25% Off Steam. Do yourself a favor and play one of your favorite games of 2024...
Sweet!

how's the game on the switch? i would love to play it on xbox but i dont think they've ever said anything about porting it to consoles.
Anyone that played on Switch that could weigh in?

AvianAviator

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 23, 2021
I'm so happy they've been successful, they really deserve it. This is why I love games and supporting diverse creators, they end up making experimental games from uncommon points of view. It takes a lot of risk to do something like that, but when it pays off, we get incredibly moving stuff like this. Whatever they make next, I'll be there for it.

Had to stop myself from screaming in the office after reading this lmao

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
I can't speak to how it runs on other platforms, but I played 100% on Switch (about half and half portable/docked) and there were only a couple places I noticed a bit of slowdown (and thinking back, given where it happened the slowdown was probably intentional rather than performance issues).
Don't recall any crashes or major performance issues. Probably lower resolution than other platforms, but the atmosphere and art direction more than made up for any visual issues.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Started the game today (Steamdeck). Going in completely blind.

Only played about 55 minutes so far but I am very fascinated. The lore of the world is slowly unravelling and the music is great. "Fascinated" is the best way to describe where I'm at so far. Currently exploring the high school and talking to soldiers.

There's a lot of talking and zero gameplay so far. Maybe that will continue. I don't mind if the story keeps being as interesting as it is. I really dig that it lets you piece things together. Looking forward to continuing on my trainride home later today.

Steamdeck recommendation: 1600x900 rendered res (upscaled to 1080p) with shadows at medium lets me maintain a smooth 40fps resolution so far at 11w tdp. Very pleasant.

Apr 9, 2018
Started the game today (Steamdeck). Going in completely blind.

Only played about 55 minutes so far but I am very fascinated. The lore of the world is slowly unravelling and the music is great. "Fascinated" is the best way to describe where I'm at so far. Currently exploring the high school and talking to soldiers.

There's a lot of talking and zero gameplay so far. Maybe that will continue. I don't mind if the story keeps being as interesting as it is. I really dig that it lets you piece things together. Looking forward to continuing on my trainride home later today.

Steamdeck recommendation: 1600x900 rendered res (upscaled to 1080p) with shadows at medium lets me maintain a smooth 40fps resolution so far at 11w tdp. Very pleasant.
I'm playing on ROG Ally and just a bit further in at the end of Chapter 1, and it definitely has captured my interest. It does a good job of throwing you right in the deep end, but grounds you and helps you understand the basics by the end of the first Chapter. You really have to give this game at least that long, it's a cryptic opening, but I'm enjoying it. Its interesting to see some media finally address the impact of Covid-19 and the societal impacts albeit metaphorically.

Nike Dunk

Apr 24, 2024
I played all of it on Switch handheld, there are definitely longer loading times and the graphics are noticeably worse than PC, but it still was an amazing experience. Playing it in bed at night with headphones was great.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Gotten a bit further. I am relentlessly searching out every single individual in the school to hear what they have to say. It all builds flavor and I'm here for it. The... "mechanism" you get in order to acces previously inaccessible areas is a great idea. I love the wild contrast in visuals. And damn, the combination of those red visuals combined with the excellent shadow-work as well as the music. I am SO in.

I am liking the way this is unravelling quite a lot. Oh, and Iris is kind of a bitch.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
I was already hooked many gameplay hours ago but I just experienced the section where you learn what the ancient sister's sin was.

Daaaaaaamn. The writing is so, SO good in this game.

...And then my train arrived and I had to go to work.

images

(looking very much forward to continuing after work)