• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I think the last time this came up in a thread a few weeks ago (when Reniere was caught in Mexico) someone posted an extensive article about how the Seagrams heiress sisters were manipulated into this as well.

Conspiracy theorists could also easily see "KK" in the brand if they wanted, though I hope it's true that Kreuk was only in it as a "low-level" self-help-group member.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. People read sex cult with attractive celebrities and don't read the rest.
That being said, any title with the term "sex cult", alleged or not should (not necessarily will as this thread and the previous one have shown) make people pause for thought before gunning for the lowest-hanging fruit of jokes.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
What ? Kinky dreams are a thing, especially when you're younger.

It doesn't mean i condone anything that is been done by anyone in this cult. It just reminded me of some stuff and i thus put this remark as a bit of humor.
Lol my man... You read through this thread and thought it was a good idea to post "Guess some dreams partially come true after all."

????

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Inappropriate Commentary, downplaying crimes involving Sex Trafficking and Slavery
Lol my man... You read through this thread and thought it was a good idea to post "Guess some dreams partially come true after all."

????

Didn't really thought about anything before posting. Either people get a little chuckle about it or they don't. It's not really something offensive in my book.

And since humor is the fuel of life, i don't really see the problem.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Good that Allision Mack has been arrested for this, it's shocking and sad to see that people were manipulated into a brutal cult, let alone by someone who is well known. I liked her in Smallville but I guess I'll have to seperate the art from the artist.

And looking at that picture of her, goddamn it's crazy to see her looking like she's in her 50s, and it's terrifying to imagine what the other female victims would have looked like too with that brutal 'training regime'.

vrcsix

Oct 29, 2017
But Mack stayed on and, according to Parlato, helped come up with the idea of sizzling the "brand" into initiates' skin, near their groins, as they were held down. About 2-by-2-inches, the mark combined Raniere's initials, KR, with Mack's, AM.

Chloe what the fuck.

Terribly sad for all those women.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I met her at Superman Celebration in Metropolis IL back in 2008. She was really nice to talk to. Crazy she turned out like this.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I never watched Smallville, had no idea who Alison Mack was, so at first this story just had me morbidly curious in a detached way.

Then I learned Grace Park (from Battestar Galactica) was involved in some way too. She did a series of interviews with the head cult guy. And that kind of blew my mind. I mean, they're both strangers to me, but I hope Grace wasn't directly recruiting women or involved with branding. Although making promotional material for and repping the cult is bad enough I guess.
I mean all those kids came up in Vancouver so it makes sense they know each other and would be involved in the social circles (including cults I guess).

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I mean all those kids came up in Vancouver so it makes sense they know each other and would be involved in the social circles (including cults I guess).

In the case of Allison at least, we know that Kristen is the one that got her into this cult. Although it's worth pointing out that one of the sexual abuse victims has vouched for Kristen when she said that she had nothing whatsoever to do with that aspect of it nor did she know about it.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is incredibly sad and disturbing. I almost feel sorry for her, but there's no excuses for the things she's done.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll never not be amazed at people who were given everything and then piss it all away being degenerate assholes.
I imagine it's not a switch that gets flipped in a situation like this but a slow fall over years. Pretty sure she didn't sign up for this self-help group/wellness nonsense and immediately ask "When do I get my branding iron for the sex-slaves?" It's sad for most involved.

Oct 26, 2017
I'll never not be amazed at people who were given everything and then piss it all away being degenerate assholes.

You make the wrong assumption that fame and money is having "everything". These celebrities and rich heiresses often feel very isolated, lonely, and emotionally unfulfilled. This allows for these "self-help gurus" to prey upon those vulnerabilities.

Just because someone is on TV doesn't mean they're happy or fulfilled or even a good person. More people should be appreciative of a "ordinary" life where it's often easier to have healthy relationships.

Very sad story.

Deleted member 17810

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No joke, my younger brother unknowingly moved into the main house where a lot of this happend (edit: he's renting it, doesn't own it). Of course it was after they had moved on from a few nearby houses in the area. They had no idea that this was the history of the place... This whole story is crazy and fucked up...

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
You make the wrong assumption that fame and money is having "everything". These celebrities and rich heiresses often feel very isolated, lonely, and emotionally unfulfilled. This allows for these "self-help gurus" to prey upon those vulnerabilities.

Just because someone is on TV doesn't mean they're happy or fulfilled or even a good person. More people should be appreciative of a "ordinary" life where it's often easier to have healthy relationships.

Very sad story.

Unless she's got severe mental impairments, she knows what's wrong and what's right. Those are decisions she's got to live with. But you're right. Money isn't everything, but it's a lot of things. She didn't ever have to worry about her mortgage or choosing between paying for her healthcare or paying for her kids lunches. She could have enjoyed life in ways that are only afforded to a few. And that is very sad.

Apr 14, 2018
I can't prove anything with Erica Durance (Lois) from Smallville, but whenever I see her in her post-Smallville days in interviews, she seems really out of it at times...

Yeah, this is who I honestly thought it was about when I read the news. She went on Stern and got called out on her naked parties or whatever and got visibly shaken by it, left in tears.

I definitely didn't expect Chloe when I clicked.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Cults are such crazy things. They're basically short circuit our social signaling.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Seems to me given all the people involved it was people who had things and then struggled in their careers and that's likely what got them targeted in the first place. They couldn't make it in Hollywood after a single hit show or movie and seemed to fall into the crowd here afterward.

Which is no surprise, it seems like a type of person ripe for the picking for someone like Raniere.

m43lstr0m

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually believe Kristen. Only because those girls that are in it are so into this dude, they would never leave him, they would go to jail for him, give up their families and real lives, careers, etc. Just give it all up and go be a freak. The fact that she has been out for 8-9 years now proves she had moved on. Sucks she is the one that brought Mack into it, but at the time it wasn't scandalous. Just stupid and pathetic.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
Unless she's got severe mental impairments, she knows what's wrong and what's right. Those are decisions she's got to live with. But you're right. Money isn't everything, but it's a lot of things. She didn't ever have to worry about her mortgage or choosing between paying for her healthcare or paying for her kids lunches. She could have enjoyed life in ways that are only afforded to a few. And that is very sad.

A good part of a person's moral development is exposure to ideas and people -- of which many extremely rich socialites are missing.

FlyingLlama

Oct 29, 2017
Just read an article regarding this and although what she has done is bad she is in many ways a slave to this cult herself.

I am betting if she hadn't done the supposed things she has been arrested for she would have been harmed or maybe worse.

Awful the whole thing.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Reading up a little more, and of course they were into multi-level marketing/pyramid schemes as well. This is just Machiavellian and horrifying.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't believe KK innocence really, she just bailed before things got hot but to think she had no idea i mean....

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Man that picture of Mack says it all. Insane.

But really, reading through the article this is disgusting and depraved. It's bizarre how someone can influence other people like this and create a cult . Scary thoughts all around. Those poor victims.