BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
*** Massive, GIGANTIC, give-everything-away SPOILERS in the linked article ***

I didn't give this film a second glance until this. It spoils everything about it, but as the article says:

Major Spoilers for Serenity follow, so do not read on if you want to see the movie…although these spoilers may convince you to actually see this movie.

https://www.slashfilm.com/serenity-ending-twist/

Just wow.

If you want to post the spoilers from the article, please tag them, because it gives everything away.

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Yeah a friend of mine told me about this the other day, I was actually quite surprised the Tomatometer went above 10%. Seems like there is some potential for it to become a batshit cult classic.

It at least makes me more intrigued to watch what otherwise looked completely bland and uninteresting.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I'm only watching this now because besides this, the only info Google spits back are articles like "WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST WATCH". I can't wait to see how absurd this gets.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Making a guess before reading : Its a secret sequal to " Fraility "

Edit - post spoiler reading: its both worse and better then my guess .

JetSetSoul

Oct 28, 2017
Decided to read and see if it motivates me to see the movie instead. And holy shit, I'm going asap.

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds worse than Collateral Beauty from a year or so back. Here's the ending for that if you don't remember that Will Smith bomb:
https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/will-smith-collateral-beauty-twist-ending-box-office
Smith's character writes letters to abstract concepts, but the three don't start visiting him in a magical-realist manner. That would make more sense. No, "Love," "Time," and "Death" are actually actors hired by Norton, Winslet, and Peña to trick Smith's character into going insane so that they can take control of their struggling ad company. Imagine if Bob Cratchit hired street performers to play the ghosts to haunt Scrooge. A little fucked up, right?

Does the film end with Smith finding out that his "friends" at the ad company have been mentally sabotaging him? Nope, of course not. That would make too much sense. Instead, the film's final image shows Smith going for a chipper stroll in Central Park with Harris. He looks back over a bridge and again sees "Time," "Love," and "Death" smiling down at him, and then he looks away for a moment and they disappear, which suggests… I don't even know. That characters we know are actors were actually angels all along? That Smith is now seeing illusions thanks to his co-workers' plan? That the screenwriter had no idea how to end the movie so he just went for something vaguely uplifting?

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That sounds fucking atrocious. I can't believe that's real.

Who reads the script and is like "yeah, I want to be a part of that!"