DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVViwjmEUE0
The seventh installment in the 45-year "Alien" film series hits Prime Video, Apple TV and Fandango at Home on Oct. 15 ahead of its 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD release on Dec. 3. In a behind-the-scenes clip from the forthcoming release, Wu discusses the logistics of playing host to a newborn alien.
The 4K release comes as a double-disk SteelBook featuring custom artwork and bonus features, including interviews with Álvarez and Ridley Scott, behind-the-scenes footage and alternate and extended scenes. "Romulus" will also be released as a digital two-movie bundle with the original "Alien" film, which celebrates its 45th anniversary this year. The double feature will be available Oct. 15 in 4K UHD, HD and SD.

See the full list of special features from the SteelBook release and an exclusive behind-the-scenes clip below.
  • The Director's Vision: Discover how one of today's greatest horror directors, Fede Alvarez, collaborated with master filmmaker Ridley Scott to craft a new, heart-pounding chapter in the "Alien" franchise.
  • Creating the Story: Learn what inspired the story of "Alien: Romulus" and see the many easter eggs from previous "Alien" installments that you may have missed.
  • Casting the Faces: Meet the stars of "Alien: Romulus" as they take us inside the hearts and minds of their characters. Explore the parallels between Rain and the iconic franchise heroine, Ripley and learn how filmmakers brought back a face from the past.
  • Constructing the World: Explore the massive, practical sets of Alien: Romulus that hearken back to the futuristic style established in the '80s and get up close and personal with a hoard of practically built face-huggers, chest-bursters and xenomorphs
  • Inside the Xenomorph Showdown: Experience the film's climactic zero gravity sequence from every angle as filmmakers break down what it took to make the moment spectacular. From sets and performances to wirework, stunts, and VFX, see how it all came together.
  • "Alien": A Conversation: A special conversation with Ridley Scott and Fede Álvarez for the "Alien" 45th Anniversary theatrical re-release
  • Alternate / Extended Scenes: Check out scenes that didn't make the final cut.
variety.com

‘Alien: Romulus’ Sets Date for Digital and Physical Releases

'Alien: Romulus' hits streamers on Oct. 15 before getting 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD releases on Dec. 3.

sk8bswH.jpeg

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Need that 4K price to be cheaper. The starting prices for it and others were ridiculous to see.
Should not cost as much as a video game to get a physical 4K copy of a movie lol.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, I enjoyed this one quite a bit. This series needed a back to basics movie, and I felt this one did a great job. My only issues were the constant references and nods to the other movies. Romulus was at its best when it did its own thing, and I wish it stuck with its own story and characters more.

Anyway, Romulus was good. I hope the Alien TV series turns out well next.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna cop on 4k for sure. Movie had flaws but looked & sounded incredible and was fun ride. Shame Fede couldn't get the IMAX ratio on there as an option or an alternate cut or something. Disney really skimps the hell out of their special features.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Need that 4K price to be cheaper. The starting prices for it and others were ridiculous to see.
Should not cost as much as a video game to get a physical 4K copy of a movie lol.

If you don't need the steelbook version, Target has the basic 4K edition eligible for B2G1. If you do the cancel trick (Buy 3 copies, immediately cancel 2 of them), you can get it for 33% off it's current price of $37.49.

Fady

Oct 28, 2017
UAE
I adored the crap out of this film and enjoyed it more on a second viewing. Why such a long gap between the digital and physical release?

What's with the major increase in 4k blu ray costs? The Deadpool & wolverine one is $50.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Ain't no way I'm paying 30$ for a fucking digital download (looking at iTunes/Apple TV). When did they raise those prices on new releases by 1/3rd??

Digital movies used to cost 20$ fairly recently.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I do miss blind buying dvds when they had new release day. so many mediocre movies I regretted buying. I haven't seen Alien Romulus, Deadpool Wolverine, or Godzilla Minus One. I could have them all for the low price of $80.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York

Fady

Oct 28, 2017
UAE
Only thing I can think of is they're trying to recoup costs due to lower post-covid theatre turnout.

Possibly, thing is D&W is one of their biggest hits in a while I think. But yes, films as a whole are doing a lot worse in their their theatrical runs. On that note happy that Alien: Romulus did very well, putting it second in box office earnings for the franchise. (Also by far Fede Alvarez's most successful movie).

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Nice. I really enjoyed watching it in the cinema and I will enjoy it even more now that I can have subtitles for the first 20 unintelligible minutes.

I recently grabbed I Saw The TV Glow and Last Voyage of The Demeter has also finally popped up on UK streaming.

Going to be a cool and jarring Halloween marathon re-watch.

Lone

Mar 6, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Most new 'successful' films that come out on Digital have been $30 for a couple of years now.

I remember Dune Part 1 being $30. It comes down a few weeks/months later.