• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
But who will fact check the fact checkers? and who will fact check the fact check checkers? Checkmate skeptics

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
KhXi6n1.png
OK, this got me.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017

This is slightly off topic, but I've never seen a twitter feed as toxic as AOC's. Like, you cannot go to any of her tweets without the meanest, vilest, most abusive shit the internet produces. Even compared to other politicians, hers is so bad with this shit and I hope that she never has to read any of it.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
This is slightly off topic, but I've never seen a twitter feed as toxic as AOC's. Like, you cannot go to any of her tweets without the meanest, vilest, most abusive shit the internet produces. Even compared to other politicians, hers is so bad with this shit and I hope that she never has to read any of it.
Yeah, every time she posts the white trash snowflake brigade is out in force.

hsojlightfoot

Apr 6, 2020
Does this man EVER work? Its just tweet, tweet, tweet, photo ops, tweet, golf, watch TV, golf, tweet, tweet, more tweets. How lazy.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think Zuckerberg is near the top of the list of living people who have done the most lasting damage and negative impact to the U.S. and just society/the world in general. Like he's not far off from Trump himself or any other shit leader around right now.

With the shit Facebook pulled in Myanmar, fucker is a global menace. Inadvertently helping to perpetrate genocide is on this man's resume.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That tweet is correct though.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Remember that time when right wringers tried to make a controversy out of her dancing in a breakfast club tribute video?

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
As usual, trying to have it both ways. Doesn't want to be a public utility. But desperate for responsibility-free neutrality like it's a bunch of telephone wires.

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
So I watched the interview. He was deliberately steering it into an opportunity to distance Facebook as a media outlet. Classification as a "media outlet" is something the company has been actively trying to avoid since it would completely transform the business. At the same time he used it as an opportunity to look "bigger than" Twitter. In this interview, there was no political commentary neither was the reason for what was said was not political.

So as an entrepreneur you can see why he is steering the interview into the direction he did.

AT THE SAME TIME, Twitter did the right thing. It would be bold of Facebook to stand up for that. But Zuck wants to grow his empire and that comes at the expense of doing the right thing. In taking any kind of political standpoint in relation to the matter at hand, Facebook risks further audit and loss of control.

We can only hope Twitter will continue to take this stand and that eventually more will follow.

Edit: Edited to focus in on this interview/topic alone.

Last edited:

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
These are private companies. They can do whatever they want rather if people like it or not. Banning someone for posting some twisted news they were fooled into is a little harsh imo, but they should remove b.s. At least I would.

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
Facebook is a boomer playground and has been for a long while, probably where a lot of your grandmas/grandpas receive the fake news.

So in that sense Zuckerberg is just appealing to his base.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
It's because Fox News is literally obsessed with her.

Also this twitter thread is a good read.

God damn I didn't realize how mad things were with Facebook.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
You know ERA really loves to hate on Musk but honestly there should be a tsunami of shit and hate directed at Zuckerberg.

Facebook is legitimately an evil corporation. From basically being a haven to shitty right wing assholes to being a vehicle that helped with the genocide of the Rohingya.

I really hope a lot of horrible things happen to him and his company in the very near future.

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Oh my god please, please, please keep making more of these fake Zuckerberg posts and sharing the shit out of them.

Deleted member 11046

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I watched the interview. He was deliberately steering it into an opportunity to distance Facebook as a media outlet. Classification as a "media outlet" is something the company has been actively trying to avoid since it would completely transform the business. At the same time he used it as an opportunity to look "bigger than" Twitter. There was no political commentary or political reason for saying what he did.

So as an entrepreneur you can see why he is steering the interview into the direction he did.

AT THE SAME TIME, Twitter did the right thing. It would be bold of Facebook to stand up for that. But Zuck wants to grow his empire and that comes at the expense of doing the right thing. In taking any kind of political standpoint, Facebook risks further audit and loss of control. Right or left, there is no way Facebook is going to take a political standpoint.

We can only hope Twitter will continue to take this stand and that eventually more will follow.
Facebook and Zuckerberg have already sided with the far right. Your post is not up to date with the current state and business of Facebook.

Edit: All of this.

It's because Fox News is literally obsessed with her.

Also this twitter thread is a good read.

God damn I didn't realize how mad things were with Facebook.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

The right is obsessed with her, she's their new HRC.

Someone on ERA once mentioned some right-wing website hired a writer just to write about her.