• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 8, 2017
Nah. I would only be interest on PC and neither myself nor my immediate friend's circle would buy it on EGS.

Shame, because I have enjoyed Sniper Elite games in the past.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
The reviews are looking great, and horde mode at launch should be a requirement for games like these!

Jun 13, 2018
and it has been like 5 years since trilogy came out. hehe. it's been a while.

it's nice that rebellion seems happy with the scores it's getting so far I guess. always saddened me a bit the review scores these games receive at least the reviews are averaging higher this time than for previous installations. they're such fun games with friends, or with randoms. I dont understand in what environment they're reviewed at all if a reviewer is left with a feeling of yeahh.. meh it's a good enough game I guess 7/10. the text of the review just spelling out utter boredom and disinterest. what. the entire time I'm playing these I'm like YEEESSSS! it deserves so much more recognition, what a beautiful game.

oh man all the graphics work on the ui and the posters for each level and the sound :D~~ the music :D

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta

The game is just ridiculous dumb fun. I love that at the end of a level your character really looks like they've been through some shit.

antimacro_zombiearmy4e9knk.png

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Is the game fun and balanced solo, or is it the type where you're clearly playing a hobbled experience without co-op

Jun 13, 2018
hehe looking good, he needs a butcher's apron

enjoying fiddling with the perks and upgrades, and the stickerbooks :D wish there was even more to the character customisation, tons more cosmetic items awarded through gameplay would be nice.

edit: ^ yeah, it works great solo. I think you're maybe less likely to get swarmed or overwhelmed by zombies in this one compared to trilogy solo? not sure yet. it's definitely a softer difficulty curve in comparison.

Last edited:

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
is the game hard at least?

Strange Brigade was a relative snoozefest even on extreme difficulty with maximum amount of enemies. only the last two levels were a challenge.

and what about the matchmaking, is it fast to find other people to play with?

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
One option that I think a lot of coop games should implement, is the option fir scaling. So if the game is too easy, you can crank the enemy scaling up to the 4 player variant for example. Or you can play two players and move the scaling to the solo variation.

They also present this option separately from the difficulty select, it allows for a lot of fun and flexibility for various skill sets and experiences.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Broke down and bought the PC version, fun ass game. Steady leveling and lots to unlock. Unfortunately couldn't get a fully match made game over the span of about two hours.

Jun 13, 2018

Strange Brigade was a relative snoozefest even on extreme difficulty with maximum amount of enemies. only the last two levels were a challenge.

it hasnt been hard at all yet, but I've mostly joined multiplayer games. and I think they've all been at the medium difficulty. compared to trilogy it's a lot easier. feel like there's either a fourth difficulty to be unlocked, or it's coming in an update later. but I havent tried the third difficulty yet from what I remember. spinning my wheels a bit waiting for a friend to get it, so we can play together, so I havent gone through a ton of content yet. it might be around the same difficulty as strange brigade, seems deliberately more approachable for now. especially with some better perks going and weapon upgrades, you chew through the zombies.

it's very fast to join games for me though, and get people joining games too.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I mean, difficulty is relative but the game seems pretty tough even on default. The zombies are varied and come at you fast and what surprised me the most is how much of the combat is actually close quarters despite the 'Sniper' aspect of this franchise.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
it hasnt been hard at all yet, but I've mostly joined multiplayer games. and I think they've all been at the medium difficulty. compared to trilogy it's a lot easier. feel like there's either a fourth difficulty to be unlocked, or it's coming in an update later. but I havent tried the third difficulty yet from what I remember. spinning my wheels a bit waiting for a friend to get it, so we can play together, so I havent gone through a ton of content yet. it might be around the same difficulty as strange brigade, seems deliberately more approachable for now. especially with some better perks going and weapon upgrades, you chew through the zombies.

it's very fast to join games for me though, and get people joining games too.

hmm, okay when it was on medium it is clear that it isn´t very hard. but sounds like a bit of a bummer, was hoping for a real punishing difficulty. good that joining is fast though.

I mean, difficulty is relative but the game seems pretty tough even on default. The zombies are varied and come at you fast and what surprised me the most is how much of the combat is actually close quarters despite the 'Sniper' aspect of this franchise.

cool when there is close quarters combat, i was not a fan of the mostly laid back sniping in the trilogy. it was not frantic enough for my taste.

hmm, maybe i will pick it up when i can buy it used for a few bucks less, could need a new game to play and for a bit of dumb fun those games are always good, even if they don´t reinvent the wheel.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
cool when there is close quarters combat, i was not a fan of the mostly laid back sniping in the trilogy. it was not frantic enough for my taste.

hmm, maybe i will pick it up when i can buy it used for a few bucks less, could need a new game to play.

I'm a longtime fan of the franchise and they've definitely made some significant tweaks to the combat, specifically the non-long range stuff, which is not only far more commonplace but feels less janky.

Jun 13, 2018
ah yeah. there is a lot of sneaky zombies spawning from several directions on the different spawn triggers. so suddenly you'll have them falling from above or coming from behind or up through the floor. it's probably a lot less of a snipe funnel than trilogy, or you have to pay more attention from every direction.

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
That zombie shark looks off. I mean aren't they suposed to have a soft skeleton?

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Played one round in coop yesterday and had a lot of fun.
Performance on ps4 pro in 30 fps-"Quality" mode felt rather unstable sadly (frame-pacing issues?), so I'll be trying out performance mode today.

It's my first ZA game and so far I am very much enjoying the Gameplay and the whole atmosphere the game is going for. Well done.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Played one round in coop yesterday and had a lot of fun.
Performance on ps4 pro in 30 fps-"Quality" mode felt rather unstable sadly (frame-pacing issues?), so I'll be trying out performance mode today.

It's my first ZA game and so far I am very much enjoying the Gameplay and the whole atmosphere the game is going for. Well done.

if you haven´t played it yet, give Strange Brigade a shot in the future, can be bought supercheap these days and is also a lot of fun.

OP
OP
MakgSnake

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
Yep, 100% real zombie shark. I have one on my desk.
Lol. Lucky you. But then again I bet most of the Devs have one. Wonder what inspired you guys and if there is an actual level under water where that beast come. Cannot wait to play it.

Got code for it, but wasn't able to get playing until today due to a health scare with the wife. I was tempted to try it with game streaming, but didn't want that to be my first experience with it.
I am really sorry to hear that man. I hope she gets better and you both enjoy the game soon.

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
I bought ZAT on PS4 and got Xbox One through Gold Games. But this new one I will get on Xbox One. Most of my friends are on Xbox One - Who play online more often. So that is why.

Yes it is.. I mean, I know for a fact that it has Xbox One X - 4K and 60 Frames option. So I believe it'll have PS4 Pro option too?
I'm late to this but according to a review I watched the Xbox One X has an unlocked option, not 60 per say, and a locked option, but regardless, you can get higher than 30. I don't know about the PS4. Unfortunately for me I only have the base model consoles.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone fill me in on the progression? Is it like Avalanche's games where they lock the fun behind a dozen hours of progression?

Jun 17, 2018
I'm late to this but according to a review I watched the Xbox One X has an unlocked option, not 60 per say, and a locked option, but regardless, you can get higher than 30. I don't know about the PS4. Unfortunately for me I only have the base model consoles.

Unlocked 60 might not be too bad with Freesync enabled on Xbox One X. I'm toying with the idea of picking this up.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Played both Vulkan and DX12 versions and DX12 seems to run much better than Vulkan at 4K. Don't have any fps measuring tools to use with EGS, but the game feels much smoother to play on DX12 with a 3900x.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Never played the previous games or sniper elite but I'm curious about this game. Don't know if I should buy it on the PC or ps4. Would think pc4 would have the larger player base.

edit* fuck it bought the deluxe version for PC.

Last edited:

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I'm enjoying myself playing solo. :) A lot more close combat scenarios that keep you on your toes compared to the previous games. It's already hard to find games online in my region though. Going with Epic exclusivity might have been a mistake.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unlocked 60 might not be too bad with Freesync enabled on Xbox One X. I'm toying with the idea of picking this up.
I think if you have freesync that might work. Its a bit up and down unlocked on the X. While I didn't adore the game there was a lot of enjoy at times. With 2-4 folks playing its fun and even with 1 person it was enjoyable switching the perks to ones that worked better singpleplayer versus MP focused ones.

Jun 13, 2018
Never played the previous games or sniper elite but I'm curious about this game. Don't know if I should buy it on the PC or ps4. Would think pc4 would have the larger player base.

edit* fuck it bought the deluxe version for PC.
yeah, not sure I would want to try aiming with controller in this game. it gets pretty frantic, and need those headshots. maybe it has tons of autoaim.

whassupbun

Oct 28, 2017
Bought the PS4 version on day one, it came out on 1st Feb here in Hong Kong.
Only half way through the first chapter, it's been fun so far. I played the Zombie Army Trilogy (PS4) to completion, and this one feels more polished and there are a lot of new ideas and customization.
It's still janky in some places, most noticeably in the melee department. But it's a lot more polished than ZAT and Strange Brigade. I couldn't even bring myself to play more than a few levels of Strange Brigade, because the combat and control felt too "floaty", like you're sliding everywhere.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
After Strange Brigade, I will wait until it is in the bargain bin (or GP). SB was great IMHO, but nobody was playing it.

Zombies have more mass appeal, there were even people playing the Trilogy coop on PS4 last week, there are communities for that.

but yeah, Strange Brigade was a lot of fun, i loved the whole vibe, it was corny as fuck. i even did a LTTP thread about it here, no one was interested in SB at all.

they unfortunately torpedoed the game with the price, it was a full price release...and the season pass was also ridiculously expensive, it should have been included to give people an incentive to jump in and be sure that new content is coming up. the model just didn´t work.

V_Ben

Larian Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
St Albans, UK
Bought the PS4 version on day one, it came out on 1st Feb here in Hong Kong.
Only half way through the first chapter, it's been fun so far. I played the Zombie Army Trilogy (PS4) to completion, and this one feels more polished and there are a lot of new ideas and customization.
It's still janky in some places, most noticeably in the melee department. But it's a lot more polished than ZAT and Strange Brigade. I couldn't even bring myself to play more than a few levels of Strange Brigade, because the combat and control felt too "floaty", like you're sliding everywhere.
We're looking at the reports of janky melee - should have some tweaks coming to make it smoother :)

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Game really is loads of fun. I love the overall aesthetic of these games, along with the creepy 80's horror music that reminds me a bit of John Carpenter.

Also, supernatural zombies forever. So much creepier and interesting than virus zombies.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
bought the game used for 37 bucks

have to say, much better than expected!
at first i´ve missed the Strange Brigade dodgeroll but it is no problem after a short while. started on hard mode solo, so far no problems at all, explosives are super powerful and there are enough traps everywhere.

i think they´ve upped the presentation and polish big time, also much more to unlock and the weapon modifications are awesome.
absolutely loving the 80s splattermovie vibe with those film posters at the beginning of a chapter, really nice touch.

performance mode runs really nice on PS4Pro

edit:
i have to vent a bit, i´ve looked at the microtransactions...there are weapons locked behind a paywall (LMG for example). so far, so bad.
but now comes the real bummer: there is a season pass for whooping 35€ which will give 3(!) new levels sometime in the future.

seriously Rebellion? why are you guys doing the same shit that you´ve did with Strange Brigade, not only does this fragment the playerbase and there will be not many people buying this pass to play the 3 new levels, why the heck is the price so high? the base game has 9 levels, so 3 new levels for nearly the same price as the main game? this is ridiculous. you would have been better off with making this game a fullprice release and deliver the future content for free. this gives people a incentive to jump in because there will be something coming up in the future.

as it is, many people will take a look at that and be like "no way, i will wait for the complete edition or till the base game is in a sale"

i just can´t believe that they did the exact same again as with Strange Brigade..

Last edited:

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
despite my ranting about the pricing of the season pass(which i will buy as soon as there is any discount for sure):
this game is completely underrated when looking at the majority of the reviews.
the levels are really long, there is enough enemy variety, there are lot of unlocks, modifications and stuff. the sticker album is also a cool idea. the guns feel great to shoot.
i really think this is a well done zombie game. and as someone who always loved bloody games i love it, those kind of games are rare these days.

the tone is superb, if someone likes 80s splattermovie/grindhouse style, this is the game to get.

the only thing i would have loved is some kind of dodgeroll which fills after killing, lets say 50 enemies for example. or after 30 headshots or something like this. some kind of quick evade would do wonders sometimes when being cornered. but i work around that with the pistol mark and execute move, i always save this for tight situations.

and i don´t like that there is only this white default indicator popping up when zombies are already behind you, in Strange Brigade there were these cool shadow hands reaching out to the player. a skeleton arm would have been a cooler indicator than this standard white shooter indicator. but this is maybe nitpicking :-)

the best thing is: it runs supersmooth on performance mode on the Pro, would say it runs flawless 60fps nearly all the time, even with a shitton of enemies on screen.

i am definitely having a lot of fun with this game! playing mostly solo on hard and put enemy numbers to 2 player mode. this way it is challenging for sure.

on PS4 there are many people playing multiplayer, looked at the list at different times and there are always games up to join.

Last edited: