• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
MetaCritic Reviews

zombie-army-4-1.jpg

ff6b9f85-a8b0-439c-b4ea-52ab0c943c91_Zombie-Army-4-Dead-War-4.jpg

Zombie-Army-4-Dead-War-3.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I wish I was getting this. Love the Trilogy and played the hell out of it as well.

Who is buying this today? Any thoughts.... I really want to. And it is getting good reviews. Some mixed as well. But I just love this series.

One of the best iterations of zombies ever in a video game.

Last edited:

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm trying to get it. I have it preordered at my local EBGames and was planning on picking it up on my way home from work today, but they called yesterday to say they hadn't received their shipment yet. :(

Loved Strange Brigade, can't wait to dive into some more.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The trilogy so far was pretty solid, a B-movie-style B-game that never took itself seriously. Seems like this 4th one is even crazier so I'm playing it.

OP
OP
MakgSnake

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
I'm trying to get it. I have it preordered at my local EBGames and was planning on picking it up on my way home from work today, but they called yesterday to say they hadn't received their shipment yet. :(

Loved Strange Brigade, can't wait to dive into some more.
Oh nice. Did you pre-order the Collector's or regular copy. I bet you are excited to play in coming days then.

I want to get it too but just can't. Lol. Hopefully when it goes on sale later this year - Digitally

toy_brain

Nov 1, 2017
I have the Deluxe edition pre-ordered on EGS.
I don't usually go for deluxe editions, but I got so much value out of ZAT when I bought it dirt cheap on a Steam sale, and I bought Strange Brigade via one of those code-selling sites that was probably dodgy as fuck, so I've guilted myself into going all-in on this one.
Also, I just really like these damn games!

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Oh nice. Did you pre-order the Collector's or regular copy. I bet you are excited to play in coming days then.

I want to get it too but just can't. Lol. Hopefully when it goes on sale later this year - Digitally

Just the regular copy. I have too many plastic knick-knacks already. :)

Yeah, I'm not wanting for stuff to play right now, but I'm really looking forward to it now that initial buzz says that they went even more over the top with it.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
when it is 20 bucks maybe...this game is a relic of its time, for 2020 it seems a bit too dated. i think the zombie hordes are far too undynamic, after World War Z and Days Gone there could have been a bit more action to the enemies. it is mostly laid back sniping stuff with the occasional running zombies in between.

in short: this is basically "just another zombie game". and i´ve had my fill with Strange Brigade a few months ago which i´ve also bought for cheap.

May 10, 2019
Been enjoying them for awhile now and Sniper Elite death cam with zombies is a no brainier...

giphy.gif

I'm leaving now...

JuanSolo

Oct 25, 2017
I love this series (and I'm quite ready for a next gen Sniper Elite 5). Just waiting for ups to deliver.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing it since Saturday. Campaign is awesome and horde mode is a ton of fun. This game deserves an OT. Definitely worth full price.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
I love Sniper Elite and love the past Zombie Army Trilogy but I think I might wait for a sale on this one. Sniper Elite 5 would be a day 1 purchase though.

V_Ben

Larian Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
St Albans, UK
Hope people are enjoying the game! We definitely poured a lot of time into making it as silly as possible. :)

RalliArtEvo

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
Yup! Copy will arrive later today and plan on jumping in tonight! Loved the trilogy and was really excited when they announced the new entry.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
It'll be on my radar for sure. I loved ZAT, however I still have quite the backlog including that Sniper Elite that was on PS+ recently, so it may be a while.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I picked it up on PC. :) Will probably play it tomorrow when I'm off from work. Plan on playing it Solo hope it's fun like the trilogy was.

OP
OP
MakgSnake

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
Just the regular copy. I have too many plastic knick-knacks already. :)

Yeah, I'm not wanting for stuff to play right now, but I'm really looking forward to it now that initial buzz says that they went even more over the top with it.
True and yeah same here. Have lots of Collectibles but I wouldn't mind getting this Zombie Shark eh.

I can def wait for this game - Might get it digitally on Xbox One

toy_brain

Nov 1, 2017
Hope people are enjoying the game! We definitely poured a lot of time into making it as silly as possible. :)
I will once you fix the controller support on the PC version :/
(Yes I'm one of those weirdos that prefers a controller to KB+M. I also invert the Y axis. Come at me!)

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
For V_Ben I hope the game isn't as strict on the left trigger press as ZAT was on PS4. At first I didn't know what the hell was going on, this sniper game where I couldn't ADS, turns out my older controller which was fine for every other game apparently wasn't registering a large enough press for the game. Switching to a newer controller solved it. I later found Gran Turismo had the same issue, but at least it had the excuse that it was an analog input, not a digital ADS on/off.

V_Ben

Larian Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
St Albans, UK
For V_Ben I hope the game isn't as strict on the left trigger press as ZAT was on PS4. At first I didn't know what the hell was going on, this sniper game where I couldn't ADS, turns out my older controller which was fine for every other game apparently wasn't registering a large enough press for the game. Switching to a newer controller solved it. I later found Gran Turismo had the same issue, but at least it had the excuse that it was an analog input, not a digital ADS on/off.
The game feels pretty good to me? It's definitely our best playing game so far in my eyes :)

sharkkiee

Aug 6, 2018
I'm enjoying the game a lot, If you like ZAT then you will love this....V_BEN any news of when the PSVR Sniper Elite game is coming out??? :)

OP
OP
MakgSnake

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
i really want it. gonna have to get it on ps4 though.
I bought ZAT on PS4 and got Xbox One through Gold Games. But this new one I will get on Xbox One. Most of my friends are on Xbox One - Who play online more often. So that is why.

Do we know if this has any PS4 Pro enhancements? 4k, 60 fps, or hdr?
Yes it is.. I mean, I know for a fact that it has Xbox One X - 4K and 60 Frames option. So I believe it'll have PS4 Pro option too?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a lot of unlockables? How replayable is the campaign and horde mode?

How are the cosmetics?

Oct 27, 2017
I just bought it a few minutes ago on PC. Installing now. Definitely will be looking for some people to play with regularly.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
Got code for it, but wasn't able to get playing until today due to a health scare with the wife. I was tempted to try it with game streaming, but didn't want that to be my first experience with it.

Oct 27, 2017
I started playing a little bit ago. There are A TON of things to unlock regarding character progression. There's a lot here.