• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Oh god, I had my first celebrity crush since childhood after seeing her in Mad Max.

I'm down.

Jan 2, 2018
I would've chosen Ana de Armas instead, but what do I know?

182680.jpg

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Since there is no hint of any of the kids being anywhere in the movie, Selina is currently the most exciting part of it.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still mad this isn't a Batman Beyond movie.

You have all the elements, just get Michael Keaton involved. DAMMIT.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

Ana de Armas or Eiza Gonzalez would've been much better, sucks they didn't get the rule.

The only thing I've seen Zoe Kravitz in was Pretty Little Lies and while she wasn't bad, she also didn't stand out as anything noteworthy.

[edit]

Apparently she was in Mad Max, Fantastic Beasts and First Class? I totally don't remember her at all in those films.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
its good she was tested with Robert, bat and cat lacking chemistry would break the whole movie

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they always hire light skin black women whenever they racebend roles like this and it's a trend I'm really getting tired of tbh. Dark skin women always seem to be ignored.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
I have to say, I am not impressed with any of the casting, with Patterson and Jonah, I don't even know who their target audience is?

This has disaster written all over it for me.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ana de Armas or Eiza Gonzalez would've been much better, sucks they didn't get the rule.

The only thing I've seen Zoe Kravitz in was Pretty Little Lies and while she wasn't bad, she also didn't stand out as anything noteworthy.

[edit]

Apparently she was in Mad Max, Fantastic Beasts and First Class? I totally don't remember her at all in those films.

She's Toast the Knowing!

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
She's definitely gorgeous and fits the look but i've never been of fan of any of her roles so can't say i'm too excited.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it race bending though? Catwoman is a light skinned black woman in Batman Year One, one of the most famous Batman stories.
She's portrayed as white more often than not. My overall point is that whenever they cast a black woman for a character that's usually white, the choice is always usually a light skin black woman (the casting for the live action The Little Mermaid movie, MJ in the MCU, and Black Canary in the upcoming BOP movie are the recent ones at the top of my head but I'm sure there are more). Anyway, I don't want to thread derail but this is just annoying / tiresome to me.

Nov 13, 2017
She's portrayed as white more often than not. My overall point is that whenever they cast a black woman for a character that's usually white, the choice is always usually a light skin black woman (the casting for the live action The Little Mermaid movie, MJ in the MCU, and Black Canary in the upcoming BOP movie are the recent ones at the top of my head but I'm sure there are more). Anyway, I don't want to thread derail but this is just annoying / tiresome to me.
Point taken!

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
All I'm hearing from the first page of this thread is that too many of y'all haven't seen Dope or Big Little Lies.

Fun fact, Zoe is the voice of Catwoman in Lego Batman.

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't been super impressed by Zoe in anything I've seen her in but her screen test with Pattinson is encouraging. She certainly has the look.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Zoe Kravitz tends to be the best thing about some of the more mediocre films I've seen her in (Fantastic Beasts 2, Divergent) and was absolutely fantastic in Mad Max.

I'm hyped