• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
ZoeKravitzCatwoman.jpg

Zoe Kravitz has been cast as Selina Kyle, a.k.a. Catwoman, in Matt Reeves' "The Batman," an individual with knowledge of the project told TheWrap.

Robert Pattinson will play the Dark Knight in the upcoming Warner Bros. film. Reeves and Mattson Tomlin wrote the screenplay, and the film is being produced by Dylan Clark and Reeves. It is set to start filming in January in the U.K.
Source

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing she's improved since First Class?

EDIT: I forgot she was in Fantastic Beasts. Yeah, she was much better. Okay, I can dig this.

dantès

Alt Account
Banned
Sep 24, 2019
For some reason I was expecting another dark, gritty Batman movie, but I guess this won't be one?

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's so weird. I can clearly see her dad and mother while looking at her face. And it's not even difficult to see. Lisa Bonet <3

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
I was hoping for a Latina actress but this is still a good get. She's gonna be great.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not Zoe's biggest fan, but as long as her performance is better than whatever the hell was going on in Fantastic Beasts 2: Electric Boogaloo, okay.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
For some reason I was expecting another dark, gritty Batman movie, but I guess this won't be one?
I think it's supposed to be more detective driven according to rumblings which I'm completely ok with. The fact that Batman is basically sherlock Holmes that is also master tactician that has contingency plans for everything is very rarely touched upon in the movies. I really want this new movie to show the overbearing, 9th level intellect Batman is capable of.

The bad guy should be the riddler and they can go from there, turning gotham into a playground of boobie traps like the best episodes of the animated series, imo.

Edit: on topic, this an awesome casting choice. Zoe Kravitz is a great actress and has that appropriate Selina Kyle egocentric attitude. This movie looks to be shaping up nicely.

Last edited:

Blugrass

Oct 25, 2017
didnt like her at all in first class but that was a while ago so hopefully this turn will be better

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like she's been unexceptional in everything I've seen her in, granted they're almost all minor roles, so..

..couldn't be worse than Halle is the best I can say?

More interested in this as far as the implications for what kind of story they're going for.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
She was doing a pretty good acting job in Big Little Liars; imho her issue is more script than anything else (IE, she played a shit character in First Class).

The funny thing is arguably Catwoman doesn't necessarily need great acting, but the personality to light up a room. As beautiful as Zoe is, her roles thus far have been pretty bland