• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I am really hoping that the Rare and Obsidian games are for Scarlett. Would really start building hype for next gen with new exclusive franchises from those 2 studios on top of Halo Infinite. I doubt we will get anything more than CG trailers, although real time gameplay would be nice as a glimpse of next gen. I mean, they technically could just put "running on a high end PC" at the bottom of the screen!

Whatever Obsidians game will be will be a small title, Rare could be a AAA

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
FF7 Remake, coming to Xbox One!

That's possible, but probably won't be announced until after the PS4 version releases.

My guess is FFXIV.

Could be they finally are allowing FFXIV for XBox. It would make sense since they are finally fixing the biggest barrier to entry soon (ARR's story bloat) to ease the entry for new players.

Wait, really? What are they doing? I guess I mean, how are they going about it?

Giudecca

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, really? What are they doing? I guess I mean, how are they going about it?

Sounds like they're gonna remove or streamline a lot of the content found in the 2.1-2.55 story, which is a bloated mess. It's something like 100 quests in between ARR and Heavensward, most of it pointless fetch quests. They're supposed to implement it sometime early next year.

MajorBritten

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I am really hoping that the Rare and Obsidian games are for Scarlett. Would really start building hype for next gen with new exclusive franchises from those 2 studios on top of Halo Infinite. I doubt we will get anything more than CG trailers, although real time gameplay would be nice as a glimpse of next gen. I mean, they technically could just put "running on a high end PC" at the bottom of the screen!

Most likely they will be, I expect all of the scarlett games to be cross-gen with major enhancements if you have the scarlett system. Same thing as the x enhanced games that we currently have.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they've stated what they're doing exactly, but the MSQ is getting "condensed".

Sounds like they're gonna remove or streamline a lot of the content found in the 2.1-2.55 story, which is a bloated mess. It's something like 100 quests in between ARR and Heavensward, most of it pointless fetch quests. They're supposed to implement it sometime early next year.

Oh that's awesome!! I'm working my way through ARR right now.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would be pleasantly surprised if they show next gen Scarlett games tomorrow. Not sure if I'd be watching though, considering it's going to be one hell of a busy morning.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
I remember messaging a community manager at the time for Rare on the eve of the Nuts & Bolts proper blowout thanking them for explicitly bringing back that authentic N64-style adventure-platformer. They sent a nice reply to me, accepting the praise, but they must've been privately thinking "wait until this kid sees the lego vehicles in all of the screenshots tomorrow"

I liked N&B a lot too

Haha did that happen to be George Kelion? He was Rare's community manager at the time of N&B's reveal and release. He used to post on NeoGAF all the time back then lol. He left Rare about a decade ago though. Seemed like a pretty cool guy.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Haha did that happen to be George Kelion? He was Rare's community manager at the time of N&B's reveal and release. He used to post on NeoGAF all the time back then lol. He left Rare about a decade ago though. Seemed like a pretty cool guy.
Most likely! I was still just a lurker on GAF at the time, but that's where I knew of the Rare community manager - maybe I got their Gamertag from GAF and reached out on XBL. Probably sent the most overzealous teenage fan message to them, drenched in the cringey ironic details I shared above.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, id prefer if Perfect Dark went 3rd person stealth. But then, given Sony have multiple 3rd person story heavy SP games, there's no reason why MS cant hold on to the "home" of multiple great SP FPS games. Halo, PD, Outer Worlds would provide a decent selection, for a range of genre's. I've always thought 343i visual style and flair of Halo 4 would translate well into a PD game (obviously more grounded), but its unlikely they'd be working on anything but Halo. But then there's slipspace engine.... Give that to Rare and let them worry about design :P

ContraWars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Rare should create a game where the objective is to send a crew of swashbuckling pirates on a mission-based quest through time, each stage a subtle objective to interfere with and ultmately stop Shigeru Miyamoto from ever getting inspired enough to create Starfox. Have the final stage be the entire Dinosaur Planet game as originally intended. A hacked up N64-like terrible looking and playing piece of garbage by today's standards.

It would be art. Perfect for Gamepass.

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
Sounds like a hell of a show, two new IP and it isn't even E3. I won't let myself get hyped but I hope for good things. Full scale AAA Rare sounds great.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Rare grow a lot last years and is recruiting 30 people. It is especially for their new IP, in the coming years they will be +300 employees with 2 AAA teams.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of course.

This happens EVERY Xbox gen. They have all the best exclusives loaded generally to the front of a console lifecycle but are often criticised for their lack of exclusives towards the end.

This is in contrast to one of their competitors who is generally regarded as having a weaker line up towards the start but towards the end of a console cycle are known for some of the best exclusives.

It should therefore come as no surprise that Xbox will come out with a bunch of great exclusives in the near future.

Pagliacci

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 13, 2019
Of course.

This happens EVERY Xbox gen. They have all the best exclusives loaded generally to the front of a console lifecycle but are often criticised for their lack of exclusives towards the end.

This is in contrast to one of their competitors who is generally regarded as having a weaker line up towards the start but towards the end of a console cycle are known for some of the best exclusives.

It should therefore come as no surprise that Xbox will come out with a bunch of great exclusives in the near future.

Xbox has never been this well stocked with studios, so no, it's entirely different than before. You still have The Coalition, Playground, The Initiative, Turn 10, Obsidian's other team, Rare's other team, Ninja Theory's other team, Compulsion, and Double Fine most likely releasing unannounced games from 2020 to 2023. Combine that with third party exclusives and you could potentially have a big exclusive every quarter.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
a
Xbox has never been this well stocked with studios, so no, it's entirely different than before. You still have The Coalition, Playground, The Initiative, Turn 10, Obsidian's other team, Rare's other team, Ninja Theory's other team, Compulsion, and Double Fine most likely releasing unannounced games from 2020 to 2023. Combine that with third party exclusives and you could potentially have a big exclusive every quarter.
MS said their intention was to have at least one first party title releasing every 3 months. Not all will be big, but that's pretty nice

Feb 10, 2018
Honestly, id prefer if Perfect Dark went 3rd person stealth. But then, given Sony have multiple 3rd person story heavy SP games, there's no reason why MS cant hold on to the "home" of multiple great SP FPS games. Halo, PD, Outer Worlds would provide a decent selection, for a range of genre's. I've always thought 343i visual style and flair of Halo 4 would translate well into a PD game (obviously more grounded), but its unlikely they'd be working on anything but Halo. But then there's slipspace engine.... Give that to Rare and let them worry about design :P

I think xbox is in need of a deep and mature narritive heavy game, if they make a perfect dark game I think it needs to be a reboot, with a dark more serious tone, Jo dark has to have some conflict both in her personality and the futuristic blade runner 2049 esque world.
It could just be a new IP, but perfect dark can be mould into a lot of different things.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Quite excited after Zhuge's confirmation of new stuff from XGS. Might watch it after all.

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully I see something cool from Microsoft tomorrow. I wanna support them but their aim usually doesn't line up with mine.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Matt Booty will be there and every event he attended had an acquisition announcement.

To be fair, he's overseeing Xbox Games Studios, which means he has to be there anyway. It's a showcase of 12 games from his teams, including two never-before-seen IP.

I'm not saying they won't announce any acquisition, just saying that at some point his presence won't obviously include such a reveal.