• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
If you've been following the development of the game, you'd understand. You're talking about 11 separate engines. They can't even get Reach into the Xbox One version right now. But it will run on Switch? Nah.

Pretty sure Halo on Switch would be direct ports of 360 versions instead of enhanced MCC ones. And I don't think Reach will be part of them.

If it's the engine causing problems similar to RDR1, they'd just remake the whole game for Switch on a different engine. That's not the first time it's happening on Switch. Halo is the only port that's heavily rumored right now, so there has to be something.

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Xbox can get some older games ported? I'm asking why this is a one way road in terms of content. I don't think it's strange question or an offensive one.

Nintendo might not want to put content on XBox.

XGS gets revenue and XBL exposure. Both of which are good for Xbox gamers. If this were a situation where these games were going to Switch INSTEAD of Xbox, I think it would be a valid question.

Nov 1, 2017
Ori on Switch would be great. It's an amazing game that as many people as possible should be able to play, not to mention Moon Studios can get a nice financial boost from extra sales on a potential Switch version.

To those people getting their knickers in a twist about "What's the benefit for Xbox gamers?" you could always argue that if Ori on Switch generates a whole new bunch of fans that those people may well end up getting the sequel on an Xbox platform (i highly doubt Ori:WotW is going anywhere other than XB1/Steam for a good while). Or hell, if Microsoft manages to let Nintendo put Xcloud on Switch they could be playing Ori 2 on Switch like that.

Or... you could stop worrying about how every single thing that <insert company here> does needs to always benefit them in some way. Let's be honest. Ori has been out for a while now on both Xbox and PC. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the vast majority of people who might have gone out and got an Xbox to play Ori would have done that by now. Whereas there is potentially (going by Cuphead's continued success) a very large amount of Switch gamers who would love to play Ori but have no intention of getting it on Xbox or PC so in my eyes it's a no-brainer.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
With all these MS games going to Switch, maybe its time for Smash Bro's to come to Xbox.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
That classic little indie game, Halo

Just noticed one of the "HOT" games was confirmed to be Superhot

Could the other be Hotline Miami? It's crazy that game isn't on the system already. Hopefully a double pack with the sequel if they do bring it

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
That classic little indie game, Halo

Just noticed one of the "HOT" games was confirmed to be Superhot

Could the other be Hotline Miami? It's crazy that game isn't on the system already. Hopefully a double pack with the sequel if they do bring it
Simogo teased Sayonara Wild Hearts icon some time ago.

It's either getting shadow dropped or released very soon after.

Piscus

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't get why Zhuge felt like divulging so much. Why not just keep it at "worth a watch"?

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
They wouldn't be doing it if the Switch couldn't handle it.

Moon Studios is pretty adamant about maintaining 60fps in their games so it'll be interesting to see how the port is handled.

Yeah, this is what I was thinking and why I imagine the 360 was quietly cancelled.

I feel like there will be some scaling back, but hopefully they don't drop to 30fps or scale back the visuals too much. It's a gorgeous game and to have it on the go would br a dream come true.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ori is pretty but without having played it, I don't see why it wouldn't run fine on Switch? Maybe the sequel, which looks more beefy, but is Ori 1 really all that demanding?

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ori is pretty but without having played it, I don't see why it wouldn't run fine on Switch? Maybe the sequel, which looks more beefy, but is Ori 1 really all that demanding?

We don't know. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. But we've already had this concern about the last 100 reasonably exciting 3rd party ports so why would it not be here also?

Welcome to Era 3rd party on Nintendo threads basically I guess.

EdgeXL

Oct 27, 2017
California
Why would he want to violate the Nintendo rules? Any "leak" is unauthorised, the only difference is currently NPD are more likely to sue you for it. Besides he gives out sales info a lot anyway even NPD stuff soooo

Did he or his workplace sign an agreement that he would not mention that an unspecified game is going to be announced on a product showcase?

NPD has a very strict agreement for those who receive their data.

Oct 25, 2017
Why would he want to violate the Nintendo rules? Any "leak" is unauthorised, the only difference is currently NPD are more likely to sue you for it. Besides he gives out sales info a lot anyway even NPD stuff soooo

if you don't have an NDA you are not obliged to keep anything under wraps, there are no "rules"

he probably has signed an NDA for NPD stuff considering he is a sales analyst

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
if you don't have an NDA you are not obliged to keep anything under wraps, there are no "rules"

he probably has signed an NDA for NPD stuff considering he is a sales analyst

He still gives up bits of data from the NPD that they don't disclose (like fire emblem three houses numbers).

Also its was a tongue in cheek joke so this entire conversation is pointless lol Zhuge can do whatever he wants its all fine by me

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
MS title: Ori, or that Forza Street game.
Shadow drops: SUPERHOT and maybe Hot Lava

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Should be noted that the core of the Halo rumors is King Zell.

UljSBIB.png

He doubled down on it shortly after E3.

Technically, he never specifically said it was MCC, but it's easy to infer he's referring to some kind of Halo game, considering he compared it to "seeing Mario in a PlayStation console".

However, other guys have corroborated it being MCC, from other guys like Sabi and ccieag, a user here who's friends with someone at MS. (As you can see, the guy also said he heard Ori was coming to Switch). More recently, a user here named Zippo said that he heard from a source he trusted very much that MCC will be announced for Switch by the end of the year.
Wow, I had no idea this rumor was still afloat.