• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
Either tlou2 delay or dreams delay. Has to be one of the other. Jason said people will get ovee with it quick. So definitely a game that is still months out from release probably having another couple months added to the wait. And the extra months must be very few coz people will get over it fast.

I think it'll be Dreams. Announcement that it'll come out of early access in 2020.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'd imagine it's Ghost of Tsushima moving on to become a PS5 launch title instead. But is that really unexpected news? It'd be a really nice title to package with the launch of the new system. It could always become cross platform, but I wouldn't be bummed if it shifted towards a PS5 exclusive.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
I'd imagine it's Ghost of Tsushima moving on to become a PS5 launch title instead. But is that really unexpected news? It'd be a really nice title to package with the launch of the new system. It could always become cross platform, but I wouldn't be bummed if it shifted towards a PS5 exclusive.

delaying it to launch it on both systems would be fine, and is fairly common. Delaying it and just cancelling the version you already announced to incentivize people to move to your new console would be pretty scummy. Nintendo and MS have both done the former, but I don't think they have done the latter.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
In the wait for The Outer Worlds, I am all for a 27-page thread :D Be 28 by the time I type this out and stop trying to think of something funny to say. Capcom is back bacon? Yeah, that will do.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If this has anything to do with the last of us, I'm going to find Druckman in real life and fling my poop at him while making a scene in public.

Naudyboy

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 6, 2019
Why are people assuming it's TLOUII being delayed? It's release date was just announced less than a month ago. They wouldn't have announced the game without being 100% certain

My guess is GoT being pushed to PS5.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Death Stranding release moved up ahead of reviews as early indications suggest it's going to be Kojima's worst reviewed game yet.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
If this has anything to do with the last of us, I'm going to find Druckman in real life and fling my poop at him while making a scene in public.
giphy.webp

PayaV87

Banned
Apr 15, 2018
delaying it to launch it on both systems would be fine, and is fairly common. Delaying it and just cancelling the version you already announced to incentivize people to move to your new console would be pretty scummy. Nintendo and MS have both done the former, but I don't think they have done the latter.

Sony already did it with The Last Guardian and also with Until Dawn.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Like many here, I imagine Ghost of Tsushima being a launch title for PS5. Or Dreams. A bit of a bummer but it's not cancelled, so it's not a huge deal.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
If I had to guess....one of the titles will be exclusive to the PS5 and won't be on PS4. I would assume it's ghost of Tsushima as we haven't heard much about the game since last year. Fine by me if that's so.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Sony already did it with The Last Guardian and also with Until Dawn.
Well they didn't launch the system with either game. They came out a year or more after launch. and last guardian was originally a ps2 game (I think?). It had a crazy development cycle that is it's own thing. I didn't realize until dawn was originally a ps3 game though. I suppose that could count then.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017

tsushima dont have concrete a release date anyway, does it? not even sure if they mentioned a release window, just the year.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I had to guess....one of the titles will be exclusive to the PS5 and won't be on PS4. I would assume it's ghost of Tsushima as we haven't heard much about the game since last year. Fine by me if that's so.

This would be a really weird 180, as they just re-confirmed GoT as a PS4 game on October 8th. Anything is possible though.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, if Ghosts of Tsushima becomes a PS5 game, not gonna be mad, must mean LoU2 is the swan song of the PS4 and Ghosts being the first big next gen game on the PS5 side.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It would be hilarious if what ZhugeEx was hinting is the unexpected new mode for Helldivers years after release.

Also, isn't Zhuge an administrator of Era anymore?

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Things it probably ain't:
  • TLoU Part II delay - they said they wouldn't give a release date unless they were 100% sure.
  • Death Stranding on PC - this has been covered before, but aside from that, they're not announcing a PC version before the game's released on PS4.
I reckon, as others have, it's to do with the launch of Ghost of Tsushima.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
If GoT isn't a PS4 game I can't say I would be that bothered. It would be a pretty impressive PS5 launch title, especially if they chose to spend the next year absolutely maxing out the visuals to a ludicrous degree. Didn't really expect it was going to be out until the second half of next year anyway at which point I'd be waiting for a PS5 patch anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.