• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
This post is insipid, my friend.

A forum post in a community you are part of is not a report. You are not "reporting on" something just because you acknowledge it or want to talk about it. Journalists have friends and connections and hear stories and rumors just like anybody else. They just hear more about them than you do. The idea that everything a journalist says in a non-professional capacity must be deeply vetted, corroborated, and publishable is preposterous. People are entitled to take part in a conversation. You, however, are not entitled information they must be careful with.

It is outrageous that you are interpreting a contribution to a conversation as mundane as "I think people will be disappointed, but I'm not 100% sure on my information" as an exercise in ego, a flex, an antagonistic tease, or some sort of bad look. Attitudes like yours broadens the divide between creators and consumers because you feel entitled to information you don't have. If you would prefer an environment where nobody working in the industry feels comfortable taking part in a conversation then keep up the hostility over nothing.

Telling a new father on paternity leave that they have not appropriately catered to your demands as a rabid gamer is truly upsetting to read and you should really reconsider your point of view. Otherwise people in the industry will stop talking to consumers in general and it will be because of people like you.

Nobody owes you anything and you are the only person responsible for your behavior. If you can't read a rumor without convulsing with eagerness to know more at any expense that's your problem, not the person you heard it from.
Teasing that you know something without actually giving any information is a 100% worthless contribution to any discussion. The person engaging in that activity being on maternity leave doesn't change that fact one little tiny bit.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These are my main guesses:
Death Stranding coming to PC
Dreams coming to PC
Ghost of Tsushima is a PS5 launch game

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it's something less obvious? Is it for sure about an existing, already announced Sony first party title or could it be something ppl assume is going to be a Sony title?

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
R3MAKE is bluepoint only on ps5 .

NOW THAT WOULD BE A SCOOP.

>.>

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
R3MAKE is bluepoint only on ps5 .

NOW THAT WOULD BE A SCOOP.

>.>

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I'd be fine with a short delay for TLoU2, Q1 2020 is stacked as it is.

Also holy shit "I hope TLoU 2 is PS5 only so I can play it at raytraced 4K" or whatever is like the most First World take ever -__-

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Ghost of Tsushima will now be a cross-gen game that launches with PS5.

It's still coming out on PS4, and will look as good as it does now on PS4 Pro.

With PS5, GoT will be taken to a whole new level where it will get major technical improvements, including next to no loading times and a 60fps framerate for starters. They're probably also working to get whatever raytracing capability they can into the PS5 version for Holiday 2020.

Jacob4815

Oct 29, 2017
GOT delaying or for PS5 would not be "unexpected".

The Last of Us 2 delay, yes, absolutely. They announced the release date only two weeks ago.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
If Ghost is on PS4, why would people be disappointed? I guess it isn't about Ghost

Changing my bet to Dreams

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
These are my main guesses:
Death Stranding coming to PC
Dreams coming to PC
Ghost of Tsushima is a PS5 launch game

I don't see any 'coming to PC' situation inspiring jschreier's suggested "People will be disappointed for a few minutes and then get over it."; that's definitely suggesting to me "PS4 cancelled, PS5 title".

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it can't be a cross-gen announcement. How would that be even vaguely surprising? I think we are all well aware that games releasing at the end of a consoles life are fair game for cross-gen.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So.. Jason confirms it's bad news. Says people will be angry.
My question is.. is this partly a reason for Shawn Layden being removed? Is was overseeing the overseer in Sony's first party stable, so if this pertains to this dissapointing news...

Feb 26, 2018
So.. Jason confirms it's bad news. Says people will be angry.
My question is.. is this partly a reason for Shawn Layden being removed? Is was overseeing the overseer in Sony's first party stable, so if this pertains to this dissapointing news...
Yes. I have inside sources confirming that before leaving Sony Shawn canceled all the games in development. And they can't do nothing about it

Status
Not open for further replies.