• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Patapon 2 PS4 delayed

tenor.gif

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
A Tlou 2 delay would be weird after only a few weeks after its release date announcement.

My bet GoT pushed to Ps5, since the next generation is officially announced by Sony.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
A TLOU2 delay couldn't be more perfecto.

It's weird seeing TLOU2 release without a multiplayer component and Sony would absolutely consent to as many delays as there need be to get PlayStation's biggest exclusive.

Once this thing is out, it's going to break Metacritic and sell 20 copies.

Make that 21 copies, even. I'm sure I'll rebuy it on PS5.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm on paternity leave so I'm not really in a position to report on this (and I'd be doing that on Kotaku not here), but if what I've heard is true, it's a bit surprising but ultimately not a big deal. People will be disappointed for a few minutes and then get over it. Many people here have guessed it already. I'd be more specific if I had more details - I'll see what I can get in between feedings.
Thanks for the insight. But don't sweat it, enjoy your time with your kid.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
It's probably a delay of some sort. Nothing special.

But damn, saying a game hitting a PC is disappointing is laughable.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A Tlou 2 delay would be weird after only a few weeks after its release date announcement.

My bet GoT pushed to Ps5, since the next generation is officially announced by Sony.
what would be the reason to announce that now, when the game doesn't even have a release date? it's not like anyone is expecting the game in the coming months.

Bgamer90

Oct 27, 2017
The only PS4 delay that would be big news to me would be The Last of Us 2. What other big first-party PS4 games are there that have set dates?

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony launched The Last of Us 2 during PS5's launch & added improvements for people that play the game on PS5.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Delay all you want, I still have a shitton of games to play, currently going through The Last Guardian after finishing both Bayo 1 and 2 back to back.
With that said, they are not delaying TLoU Part II till the PS5 launch, that'd be more than half a year delay.

W17LY

Aug 29, 2018
what would be the reason to announce that now, when the game doesn't even have a release date? it's not like anyone is expecting the game in the coming months.

But people expect GoT to release on PS4. Announcing that it will be A PS5 release game could disappoint those who want it their current system.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I guess maybe I could see Dreams being delayed to PS5 too, at this point it'd be the smart move for it.

Jun 1, 2018
User warned: antagonizing other posters

What could it be? Ghost of Tsushima cancelled? Last of Us 2 delay?

I need to talk about this: Journalists or influencers on twitter who have information they trust but decide to only openly tease it just enough to start the rumour mill but without giving any information of note are not doing a good job. Either you trust your sources and are able to dig deeper into the story or you don't and it's not worth reporting on. This "Ooooh, I know something you don't, hehe!" shit is just going to fuel unfounded speculation, leading to people blaming any singular person they want to attach to your thread.
Report on it or don't report on it. But this weird flexing helps no one but your own ego. Sorry for the harsh words, but I've seen this a little to often in this industry and it's just not a good look.

Last edited:

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
I hope they delay TLOU2 until PS5 launch. That game in 4K60fps, with improved lighting... Good God. This would probably be the best launch title in the history of video games.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
I'm on paternity leave so I'm not really in a position to report on this (and I'd be doing that on Kotaku not here), but if what I've heard is true, it's a bit surprising but ultimately not a big deal. People will be disappointed for a few minutes and then get over it. Many people here have guessed it already. I'd be more specific if I had more details - I'll see what I can get in between feedings.

Ah ok so sounds like Ghosts to PS5. Just odd it would be only PS5 and not both systems.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Death Stranding PC version cancelled seems like the only other obvious pick besides a TLOU2 delay.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised if Sony launched The Last of Us 2 during PS5's launch & added improvements for people that play the game on PS5.
Not happening. They will not delay it for 9+ months only to release it simultaneously on PS4 and PS5.
I guess it will be delayed for few weeks/months but really not something like 9 months (if PS5 is coming in November which most likely it is).

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Death Stranding has gone gold so it's not that.
The Last of Us 2's date was confirmed literally weeks ago so it's not that.

It's gotta be Ghost of Tsushima getting delayed and made into a PS5 launch title.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they delay TLOU2 until PS5 launch. That game in 4K60fps, with improved lighting... Good God. This would probably be the best launch title in the history of video games.

I can't say I'd complain about this. The current February release date is torture for me. Too close to PS5 for me to justify upgrading to a Pro, but also just far enough away that I keep considering it.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I need to talk about this: Journalists who have information they trust but decide to only openly tease it just enough to start the rumour mill but without giving any information of note are not doing a good job. Either you trust your sources and are able to dig deeper into the story or you don't and it's not worth reporting on. This "Ooooh, I know something you don't, hehe!" shit is just going to fuel unfounded speculation, leading to people blaming any singular person they want to attach to your thread.
Report on it or don't report on it. But this weird flexing helps no one but your own ego. Sorry for the harsh words, but I've seen this a little to often in this industry and it's just not a good look.

He literally said in his post he is on paternity leave so is not working..... so it won't be reported by him via Kotaku

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
Death Stranding has no confirmed PC version, so it can't be cancelled. I think a delay for Ghosts, and it becomes a cross-gen title.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
So basically either a TLOU2 or Tsushima delay.

Though in the case of Tsushima, can you really delay a game with no release date?

But people expect GoT to release on PS4. Announcing that it will be A PS5 release game couls disappoint those who want it their current system.

There's no reason to assume it won't release on PS4.

It is a safe assumption, however, to believe that it will either get a PS5 enhancement or has a PS5 "version".

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But people expect GoT to release on PS4. Announcing that it will be A PS5 release game could disappoint those who want it their current system.
of course, i'm saying now is not the time to announce that. they're not gonna randomly announce their first official ps5 game, it'll be in the reveal event.

Wrighteous86

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I need to talk about this: Journalists who have information they trust but decide to only openly tease it just enough to start the rumour mill but without giving any information of note are not doing a good job. Either you trust your sources and are able to dig deeper into the story or you don't and it's not worth reporting on. This "Ooooh, I know something you don't, hehe!" shit is just going to fuel unfounded speculation, leading to people blaming any singular person they want to attach to your thread.
I guess you missed the part where he said " I'd be more specific if I had more details"?

But no, spreading every rumor you hear without confirmation is probably better for a journalists career, sure.

Bgamer90

Oct 27, 2017
Not happening. They will not delay it for 9+ months only to release it simultaneously on PS4 and PS5.
I guess it will be delayed for few weeks/months but really not something like 9 moths (if PS5 is coming in November which most likely it is).

Ghost to PS5 wouldn't be surprising to me since we haven't heard much about the game. Some (me included) felt that it would be pushed to PS5 anyway—especially since it still doesn't have a set date.

I guess we will see very soon.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
My only guess is that Sony has retroactively decided God of War is no longer canon to the series and they are relaunching it under the title of Axe Daddy. That seems a little too obvious, though?

(it's probably Ghost)

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

jason is just chiming in on the convo and i understand why he would want to break that news on the site that actually pays him. Its when the leakers flex and tease seemingly to gain twitter followers that drive me up a wall. There are so many bs artists posing as leakers who have gained a following by being cryptic and vague/

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
What if Zhuge and Jason are talking about two different announcements? lol

Oct 31, 2017
If it turns out that GoT was moved to PS5, it's not what I'd call unexpected going off the fact 90% of the replies in this thread are guessing that exact thing.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
It's gotta be TLOU2.

I'm also echoing the sentiment that I might as well wait to play it on PS5.

Status
Not open for further replies.