• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 44122

real life pinball machines with their game on it? no clue

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who played loads of arcade and pinball games in cheap laundromats growing up I can only assume this is the most ambitious and hyper specific nostalgia grab of a lifetime.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I see Wolverine, so i'm going to guess Stern is coming to Pinball FX.

To be honest I'm pretty disappointed with with zen studio over their work with williams in Pinball Fx. I miss the hay days of farsight and pinball arcade when they would come out with new tables frequently.

BuddyJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Did they announce the arcade1up pinball machines yet?

Wait, was that a thing? Did I dream that?

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I feel like we've been waiting for a blitz of licensed Williams tables for like a year and they never came, outside of the two Universal tables. Indiana Jones seemed to be within reach, and...nothing. FX4 for next gen with a steady stream of Williams tables would be great.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Honestly, it WOULD be ace of they could get some kind of account/cross progression going with this. Its utter bull you can't buy your tables just once and take them to whatever platform you have to use at the time. I've never really committed to getting much of anything from them because of this- sometimes I want to play on Android- sometimes on Switch, now I'd love it to be introduced it to PS5 and take advantage of those haptic triggers. But I'm not paying top dollar for tables that can only be used on one platform when you are on virtually everything under the sun.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
Would love some new VR tables but I guess the return on those isn't enough for continued development(?).

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Finally having a date and preorders for the Attack from Mars Arcade1Up pinball would be swell.

But based on the photo, I am guessing merch (shirts).

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Zen Studios said:
Pinball fans! Zen Studios is launching "The Pinball Show"---the perfect place to ponder all things pinball from Zen Studios. We quickly realized that our 2021 calendar is so densely packed with pinball goodness that the only logical thing to do was create this new show! Tune in for the first episode Wednesday, January 27, a major announcement will be made in the first episode, you do not want to miss it!

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Would love some new VR tables but I guess the return on those isn't enough for continued development(?).

We can only hope. Add adaptive triggers and haptic feedback with a PSVR 2 compatible version and I'd be set to buy their entire library released this gen.

No need to hope for VR news.

They've already confirmed a massive new pinball VR project is being unveiled in February. Also confirmed a Quest version.

In that same video, they essentially confirm Indy is coming too. They don't actually say those words, but they obviously confirm it with their very unsubtle hint.

Last edited:

EmmaDansTonU

Nov 27, 2020
I see Wolverine, so i'm going to guess Stern is coming to Pinball FX.

To be honest I'm pretty disappointed with with zen studio over their work with williams in Pinball Fx. I miss the hay days of farsight and pinball arcade when they would come out with new tables frequently.
Yes they just killed farsight for nothing

OP
OP
joeblow

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation

They've already confirmed a massive new pinball VR project is being unveiled in February. Also confirmed a Quest version.

In that same video, they essentially confirm Indy is coming too. They don't actually say those words, but they obviously confirm it with their very unsubtle hint.

Awesome! Now all I have to do is wait for Sony to announce the release of PSVR2 they've been working on (probably a year or two wait, sadly).

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sorry but Farsight wrote their own demise. Company has issues.

While I would like more competition (a laugh I know) between the two I would rather Zen have the license.

And as someone who would really like the Dracula table do not forget with those types of tables it isn't just the Williams license it could also do with the IP rights holders. When Farsight made the Addams Family they had to crowdfund because even though they had the license for the table from Williams they also had to pay whoever owns the Addams Family rights. Could also be because of likeness rights too but it may not just be "laziness".

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017

Great news! Wonder if they've 'VR-sized' some Star Wars or Marvel content( or hell, some of the Bestheda tables would be great).

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Great news! Wonder if they've 'VR-sized' some Star Wars or Marvel content( or hell, some of the Bestheda tables would be great).

I'm hoping they ditch the gimmicks, just create a nice little VR room, and include all of their current tables. The only significant work for porting this stuff to VR is creating all the environmental FX. Which you tune out anyways. And which I would gladly disable on PC if I could (I'd take 144hz over that performance killing stuff anyways). I think most people would gladly take all tables and > performance over that stuff anyways.

Let's be clear: When I say all tables, I'm not expecting any of this to transfer over from FX3. I'm just saying let us by all of those tables, please.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
I'm hoping they ditch the gimmicks, just create a nice little VR room, and include all of their current tables. The only significant work for porting this stuff to VR is creating all the environmental FX. Which you tune out anyways.

That would be more than fine with me as well. Though I do like the environmental stuff but yeah, as your eyes should be fixated on the tables its superfluous at best.