• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, he specified portable. I realize that poster has a history of posts like that but sub-HD will likely be the case here.

Oh I assumed he referred to "portable" just to specify that it's a portable machine, I didn't even think he meant it would be that case in portable mode. It's hard to not be sub-HD in portable mode when the maximum resolution the screen can display is the lowest possible HD resolution there is.

pulsemyne

Oct 30, 2017
Really loving the soundtrack. Although I thought the ballad of the widnfish he was using was also part of it and I was like holy shit, until someone posted it here.

I dont know who the guy is because im not from the UK, and maybe he is pretty famous, but they should remake this ad using Matt Berry. That would be amazing lol
EDIT
Ok just search his name, seems to be a pretty famous british comedian that died some years ago. Sad he is not here then to reprise the ad becuase that was pretty funny.
It's Rik Mayall and the man is a legend. Created the comedy changing "The young ones" and "Bottom". Also wrote the craziest autobiography you will ever read entitled "Bigger than Hitler. Better than Christ".

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
Not gonna lie, I'm willing to make an avatar bet that the final game will run at a buttery smooth 60 fps at all times, give or take slight dips or a FPS lag glitch ala MK8 on Wii U. I cannot imagine the creators of this game targeting 60 fps for dungeons only, and 30 fps for the hub world. That's craziness to me.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
People never learn, do they?
It isn't like Nintendo has showed with their Switch software, constantly, that the polish comes in the final months of development.
This is an old build for E3. The game releases in september, it will be a locked 60 fps by then.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Hope they adopt ALBW analog movements instead of only 8 directions. It looks a bit jarring and full analog is more fun to control.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Hope they adopt ALBW analog movements instead of only 8 directions. It looks a bit jarring and full analog is more fun to control.

The game and all of the puzzles were designed for 8 directional movement. Implementing fully analog movement could easily break some of the puzzles in the game.

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
I think the important thing is that they make Link actually turn, rather than instantly swap direction with no transition frames. That's what looks jarring and a little sloppy (I wonder if they did it this way to sort of imitate stop-motion animation?!), but for the actual number of directions you can walk in, I think 8 is fine.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The 3DS remakes were 60 fps too, actually!

This, like the remakes, is a Grezzo game. It doesn't seem to be a super demanding game outside of the effects used to beef up the visuals; there is not a doubt in my mind that the final product will be 60-fps.
The 3DS remakes of Ocarina and Majora were 30fps.

IamFlying

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 6, 2019
This is such a beautiful game!

That performance though... No way they can manage to fix that until the release, it's all over the place, they'll probably just lock it down to 30fps and call it a day.

Such minor framerate issues are exactly what gets fixed in the last few months of game development.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Such minor framerate issues are exactly what gets fixed in the last few months of game development.
I'm very hopefully they can fix it but I wouldn't say these are minor. The entire overworld is mostly 30fps. I expect they have a lot of work cut out for them. I have faith, though.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
I think the important thing is that they make Link actually turn, rather than instantly swap direction with no transition frames. That's what looks jarring and a little sloppy (I wonder if they did it this way to sort of imitate stop-motion animation?!), but for the actual number of directions you can walk in, I think 8 is fine.
I would assume they did it for responsiveness. And perhaps really quick turning animations looked more unnatural than not having any.

I kinda hate you for pointing this out, because I hadn't noticed before... :-P

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
why can we still not pre-order this game digitally? Makes me worry it's being delayed. I want to use my other voucher.

Gaiaknight

Oct 25, 2017
Then why not allow preorder? You can pretty much preorder all other major games, and it's even listed on the voucher redeem list.
Nintendo only puts there games up for preload and preorder on the shop when they are finished, which makes the wait for astral chain seem really bad because that means they are sitting on the finished game for a little over a month now.

Jumpman23

Nov 14, 2017
I'd be blown away if Nintendo included the original game as an Easter Egg on this release.

As for the DF review, loved the attention to detail and must say the music is what blew me away. Sounds beautiful. I have faith Nintendo will have this games performance running smooth upon release, as was done with Yoshi and pointed out by the DF team.

Great video and can't wait for the release!

Gaiaknight

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo is weird like that you could not preorder FE till 3 weeks prior to release i wish you could put it in soon as it was up as well
nintendo puts there games up for preload at the same time they put up the preorder so they dont let you preorder till they upload the full game to the eshop.

Rocketjay

Apr 30, 2018
Lol of course there won't be a massive amount of extra content. I will wait two weeks and give some guy on ebay $60 for the cartridge he just beat before I pay Nintendo full price... Crash Trilogy, Spyro Trilogy, Shadow of C, etc were all lower but this gets to be full price? Nah. Someone would have to discover that a Link to the Past remake is hidden in the game for me to go along with this mess.
LMAO that's so fucking petty man.XD