• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Ha, I love that GameXplain took the time to just chill on Tal Tal Heights so we could hear the music :-)

Apr 19, 2018
It's like they're tuning back the highs to keep it sounding cute in order to fit the diarama look they're going for.

Yeah, it works well for the direction they're going with, but I reckon the score as a whole is definitely going to sound more subdued as a result. Mysterious Woods and the mini-boss theme certainly lack the dynamic punch of the GB original.

I'm actually liking this rendition of Tal Tal Heights -- the strings work is immaculate -- but I 'm going to miss the inherently epic drive of the original. Taylor Davis really knocked it out of the park with her version, and for a strings-based arrangement, I feel something like this would have slotted in perfectly with Link's Awakening's new sound:

Last edited:

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've wanted that new Tal Tal Heights arrangement ever since the trailer, so I am a happy camper. It sounds immaculate.

Nov 2, 2017
I'm getting kind of sick of Dampe showing up. I'm fine with legacy characters and recurring character archetypes, but to just randomly have the same Dampe over and over again is silly.

It fits this game's plot better, sure, but still.

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it works well for the direction they're going with, but I reckon the score as a whole is definitely going to sound more subdued as a result. Mysterious Woods and the mini-boss theme certainly lack the dynamic punch of the GB original.

I'm actually liking this rendition of Tal Tal Heights -- the strings work is immaculate -- but I 'm going to miss the inherently epic drive of the original. Taylor Davis really knocked it out of the park with her version, and for a strings-based arrangement, I feel something like this would have slotted in perfectly with Link's Awakening's new sound:

I came to post this as well. Taylor is incredible.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they will get louder as you collect more of the instruments in the game

Damn, I'm so hype if they do this.

Also seems like the music is more subdued than the original to allow the sound design of the game to shine. This game will be such a treat with headphones.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its interesting tho. When the game was revelaed i saw a bunch of people crap on the game's graphics. Now im sure there are people who still think that but i dont see it pop up as much now
I do think the disparity between the anime cutscene and gameplay is a bit odd. Would have been a bit better to find a way to make those match more. But the game itself looks nice. Just hope theres more to it then a 1:1 recreation of the old game.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
how is this sequence breaking? you got the feather... that gives you access to other places... this isn't out of sequence

Disapointed with the Tal Tal Heights rendition.
It doesn't have the majesty of the old track :(
the music in general lacks something ...
drums might help... maybe some guitar or banjo

Last edited:

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
how is this sequence breaking? you got the feather... that gives you access to other places... this isn't out of sequence

It's definitely against the spirit of the demo, which is set to end after you beat the Cavern, in which you found Roc's Feather. Hence why there was, afaik, no footage of it until now

We've got some comments like "WHY DID YOU STOP MOVING FOR 2 MINUTES"

Check the post above lol

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The music doesn't seem and prominent nor does it seem to reach the same highs as the original :( I think the instrument choice, although still sounding very beautiful, makes the soundtrack a big more subdued.

I still really enjoy this rendition of the soundtrack but most of the stuff I've heard isn't giving me that punchy feeling the original gave. Especially Tal Tal Hieghts and the forest.