• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please just put OoT 3D on the Switch. I'd happily pay full price.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, sounds like communication at Gamestop hasn't change much in 10+ years. I'd do the same thing when we got early promo stuff back in the day.

Glad you got a poster OP. Sounds like you have a cool person at that gamestop.

Oct 25, 2017
As far as I can tell, this has art from nearly every Zelda game on it. So unless you think we're also getting Spirit Tracks/OG Link's Awakening/Oracle games/etc., you probably shouldn't interpret this poster as a hint for which Zelda games are Switchbound.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Whats the zelda below fi from? And where is the young link in top right from?

That Zelda is from the Oracles games!

398-3980081_legend-of-zelda-oracle-of-seasons-zelda-hd.png

As for the Young Link, if you mean the colorized one that's Ocarina of Time 3D, the one next to Ganon + Linebeck in the monochrome is Majora's Mask.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
As far as I can tell, this has art from nearly every Zelda game on it. So unless you think we're also getting Spirit Tracks/OG Link's Awakening/Oracle games/etc., you probably shouldn't interpret this poster as a hint for which Zelda games are Switchbound.
Yeah, they are all Links from 3D games, it has no mystery.

HylianMaster2020

alt account
Banned
Jun 30, 2020
These Zelda games missing from Switch's library is terrible that's where the Wii U wins and honestly I'm old school and play the original.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this means we're getting a collection or rereleases of TP, WW and OOT.

nintendo would TOTALLY leave out Majora tho like SMG2 last year haha. That would be such a Nintendo move

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna ask about the Metroid Prime promo to see if it exists then dive out of the way as the Nintendo bullet comes through the window

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair

I think the more interesting part as others in the other thread have pointed out, is that one side of the poster specifically features SS, TWW, TP and OoT. Yeah, you're right in that it could mean absolutely nothing, but it is interesting to note regardless. SS we know is happening and TWW/TP HD have been mentioned as coming this year by different insiders. OoT is the only outlier that doesn't appear to have been "leaked" that I can tell.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
That's one ugly-ass poster, just copy/pasted a bunch of shit together. Several times in fact.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to properly calibrate my expectations for likely 35th anniversary content on this one. Maybe a package of OoT, MM, and WW? 3 games would match what they did for Mario and limit the amount of overlap with existing remasters. Hell, I could see that happening with WW inexplicably being a port of the original rather than HD. Or maybe it's just a OoT/MM double pack and they port WW and TP HD to Switch separately.

Oracle games stay in 3DS Jail. Minish Cap stays in Wii U/double 3DS Jail. DS games completely forgotten. Nearly everything else is already available in Switch Online or an existing remaster they don't want to overlap.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
All I really want is Ocarina and Wind Waker.

Hopefully they add in inverted controls from the jump this time instead of making me wait for a patch.

Wislizeni

Oct 27, 2017
Lol pleaaase. I will cry if we get don't get more than just Skyward Sword. As much as I do love that game.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I wouldn't look too much into this, looks to me like Nintendo just hit up the clip art folder while making a poster design.

That being said, I fully expect Nintendo to re-release Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD because porting games from your previous platform over four years into the lifespan of your new console is now totally acceptable I guess.
Do you complain about all remakes/ports from other platforms too? Jeez, what a debbie downer.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's just a downer seeing so many Wii U ports clogging up Switch release schedules. I'd much rather see new games in their place.
I get it, but they are usually made by port teams that have no impact on new game schedules. Heck we just got a new game yesterday that enables you to expand the games available on Switch by building them yourself. There is plenty of new stuff coming or already here, and if you aren't overwhelmed already then I'm not sure what you are waiting for?

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
The middle render looks mostly like Smash4 Link

Could
could Link be coming to Smash? đź‘€

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Rareware peppermints I think there was a credible leaker in Nintendo ERA who said last year that SS, WW, TP, OOT and MM were all coming to Switch. I'm really hoping the latter two are coming and I know it's polarizing but I'm hoping for the 3DS versions of both. The QoL changes were massive to me for MM.

The dream is instead of some collection they put Link Between Worlds on Switch.
I really hope to see this one day.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
does this mean we are getting a Smash Bros type game with a roster of just LOZ characters?

Zelda Bros?

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to properly calibrate my expectations for likely 35th anniversary content on this one. Maybe a package of OoT, MM, and WW? 3 games would match what they did for Mario and limit the amount of overlap with existing remasters. Hell, I could see that happening with WW inexplicably being a port of the original rather than HD. Or maybe it's just a OoT/MM double pack and they port WW and TP HD to Switch separately.

Oracle games stay in 3DS Jail. Minish Cap stays in Wii U/double 3DS Jail. DS games completely forgotten. Nearly everything else is already available in Switch Online or an existing remaster they don't want to overlap.
See my post above but I just want to offer a bit of reassurance that the Zelda team has shown a much higher standard for re-releases than the Mario one has. So I'm confident we would at least get the HD versions of TP and WW.

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017
Who says this is a 35th anniversary poster? It's not anywhere on the poster.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Rareware peppermints I think there was a credible leaker in Nintendo ERA who said last year that SS, WW, TP, OOT and MM were all coming to Switch. I'm really hoping the latter two are coming and I know it's polarizing but I'm hoping for the 3DS versions of both. The QoL changes were massive to me for MM.

I really hope to see this one day.

Definitely reassuring! Ocarina is what I want more than anything. Honestly, even more than BoTW 2. Yeah I could go boot up the 3DS version, but I just really want to experience it on the big screen again, which I haven't done since the Zelda collection on GameCube. It has been a long time.

Oct 25, 2017
I love these kinds of leaks. It sure seems to indicate Nintendo has something more than Skyward Sword HD planned, but then again it's Nintendo. All the Zelda speculation has been my one shining star of this year's E3.