• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Good ole fashion racism. Good for you.
hot-take.jpg

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
"Leeza SOHO's atrium acts as a public square for the new business district, linking all spaces within the tower and providing varying views due to its twisting, sculptural form; creating a fantastic new civic space for Beijing that is directly connected to the city's transport network."

You're right, It's a good thing that the capital city of the country currently putting protesting students and Uyghurs in concentration camps has a fantastic new civic space.
You can easily say this about literally any American architectural project too.
"Damn the World Trade Center One supports the endless drone striking of the middle east and the forced internment of Mexican refugees in concentration camps."

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
How the fuck was that racist? Criticism of China is racist?
If my first reaction to a nice looking building in America was instantly decrying their numerous human rights abuses as a nation, people would (rightfully) think I was a bit weird as well. Adding on that the current anti-Chinese sentiment has directly translated to racist shit happening to me IRL, it's quite gross that you can just go around saying shit like this without any real pushback or criticism, just an unthinking "Fuck china" that ensures I'll be harrassed by ignorant whites on public transport for years to come.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
You can easily say this about literally any American architectural project too.
"Damn the World Trade Center One supports the endless drone striking of the middle east and the forced internment of Mexican refugees in concentration camps."
You're right, my bad. Fuck both the Chinese and American governments. I'm Australian, fuck my shitty government too, I don't discriminate.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
You're right, my bad. Fuck both the Chinese and American governments. I'm Australian, fuck my shitty government too, I don't discriminate.
Well if you can make the distinction you're already better than most people, I'm Aussie too so you know we're number one in (casual) racism and slowly climbing the ranks of regular racism :)

Darkgable

Nov 3, 2017
I'm getting an 'I-Robot' final battle vibe looking at the inside of the atrium.

Cool building though.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize what a tiny lot it's built on. The building itself is nice but it looks like it interacts uncharacteristically poorly with the street level for a ZHA building. It makes the whole structure look weirdly top heavy

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
It's a feat of engineering but boy is it fucking boring to look at

I feel like the variety of compositions in the photography say otherwise. This is a nuanced and organic building IMO although I can see why people would feel differently.

If my first reaction to a nice looking building in America was instantly decrying their numerous human rights abuses as a nation, people would (rightfully) think I was a bit weird as well. Adding on that the current anti-Chinese sentiment has directly translated to racist shit happening to me IRL, it's quite gross that you can just go around saying shit like this without any real pushback or criticism, just an unthinking "Fuck china" that ensures I'll be harrassed by ignorant whites on public transport for years to come.

His comment wasn't racist and America, while not perfect, hasn't sent millions of Muslims to re-education camps. China is worse. You're not responsible for the actions of the Chinese government, China !== Chinese, and your harrassment is racist. But none of that makes it racist to point out the crimes of the Chinese government or say "fuck China".

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

how Come these posts don't qualify as inflammatory generalizations? Fuck is inflammatory and obviously calling out all of china is a generalization. Seeing as how people get banned for that infraction all the time I don't really get it.

-

Also this building looks awesome. Love pretty much all the soho projects across China. Will visit next time I'm in Beijing .

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
amazing building, that atrium looks nuts. I wonder if that was the inspiration for the summer movie Skyscraper starring the Rock, that took place in Shanghai I think

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
A nation is luckily much more than its government. The statement was directed at a country with 15% of the worlds population. By all means everyone should be entitled to their own opinion about a countrys government, but to address a whole nation like that where its people do not even choose their own government or its policies is an enormous generalization.

I personally have never read "China" as "all Chinese people" the same way when someone says fuck America I assume they're talking about the government. So I can see where we are miscommunicating.

ethranes

A King's Landing
Oct 27, 2017
This along with the recently opened Beijing airport are some of the nicest modern structures I've seen in a good while

how Come these posts don't qualify as inflammatory generalizations? Fuck is inflammatory and obviously calling out all of china is a generalization. Seeing as how people get banned for that infraction all the time I don't really get it.

-

Also this building looks awesome. Love pretty much all the soho projects across China. Will visit next time I'm in Beijing .

I agree, Fuck China and Fuck China's government are two entirely different statements.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
#notallgenocidalregimes
Play your stupid hashtag game all you want, I'm not defending the chinese government here, I'm just curious what actually qualifies as an "inflammatory generalization" because I see that ban all the time and your post is obviously one, but moderation here sucks ass and doesn't reply to the contact us form so it's unclear what actually counts. I guess only generalizations they don't agree with, which is fine, but it should be specified if that's the case instead of the vague "banned for inflammatory generalization" notes we get.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks gorgeous, some of those interior shots are surreal to say the least. It's a shame it follows in the Chinese tradition of beautiful buildings constructed in an area that otherwise looks completely destitute and brutalist. Like a beautiful tree planted among a toxic landscape.
#notallgenocidalregimes
Nice contribution to the thread. Here, have a cookie 🍪.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
"Wow nice building, too bad its in Mexico"
I as a Chinese person am not allowed to tell you that this is racist bullshit? What makes it not racist? Explain please.
What an overreaction
What if the poster wants to see it in person but doesn't want to go all the way to china
Or financially support an oppressive regime?
A country is more than it's government and it's an undisputed fact that the heavy anti Chinese sentiment has led to hate attacks on the western Chinese.
And no, it's obvious to any Asian on this forum that they just wanted to get their racist shitpost about China in, you're making excuses for racism and that's not really good tbh

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, it's racism. I am rather uncomfortable that somebody actually caught a ban for calling it out. Why is the accusation of racism somehow more inflammatory than a "Fuck China" non-sequitur? Do we want a culture in Era where minorities just take the abuse?
I didn't say Fuck China and I have no issue at all with Chinese people.

mercenar1e

Banned
Dec 18, 2017

to me your comment came across of someone that's not planning on visiting China anytime soon or at all but some people just rush to judgement. interesting to note one of them never commented on the Uyghurs situation but are so quick to finger point at other people... almost CCP like.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
I'm telling you, as a Chinese person, what you said is incredibly racist.
to me your comment came across of someone that's not planning on visiting China anytime soon or at all but some people just rush to judgement. interesting to note one of them never commented on the Uyghurs situation but are so quick to finger point at other people... almost CCP like.
Really shows your true colours when you accuse someone who is calling out anti-Chinese racism as being a CCP spy you fucking twit

mercenar1e

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory Accusation and Trolling Over Multiple Posts; Numerous Prior Bans for Inflammatory Behavior
Really shows your true colours when you accuse someone who is calling out anti-Chinese racism as being a CCP spy you fucking twit

The guy with a communist Air Force pilot avatar is totally not CCP or a defender of communism. I'm so sorry for accusing you of something you aren't. Much love.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
The guy with a communist Air Force pilot avatar is totally not CCP or a defender of communism. I'm so sorry for accusing you of something you aren't. Much love.
It's the first cosmonaut in fucking space, how do you extrapolate that I'm an evil CCP spy from just this????
and I live in Australia what the fuck are you smoking??????
this is more racist than what hollywood said wtffff dude get your head checked not everyone who disagrees with you online is actually a secret spy

Deleted member 2761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You should back off from accusing somebody who is ethnically Chinese of being pro-CCP by virtue of them being sensitive to racism because they are ethnically Chinese. It's not okay.