• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Hey WW fans, I just read about the body swap thing in WW84. Is it true that they don't go into the consequences of that?

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
its amazing to me this man still has a career

Dawn of the Dead is his only film that wasn't complete shit

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Yes Truant. Still a fun film but not a coherent one. It is 80s in ways some clearly didn´t expect.

Those temp heads are the generals of Ares btw. The Erich Ludendorffs of the 19th century. Feel very sad for the war criminals... but such distinctions barely existed in the mid 19th century.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
He was doing alright for a bit but then started making no sense.
He literally just starts copying and pasting himself over and over, none of it making sense.... I hear you, I hear you he says as he copy and pstses I hear you lol.

I disagree that it's not anything but a disaster, the movie is an absolute disaster morally, technically and tonally. However, worst of all it's also really boring.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, what in the fuck is this thread. The idea of a Snyder take on Evangelion is a goddam fucking unimaginable nightmare.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
These people are just straight up obsessed with painting the narrative, they've come up with in their heade, as true.

Reminds be of that Zatt Murdock poster who tried his best to paint Snyder as a right wing nut job after he liked a tweet that took a slight dig at Whedon.

Is this the part where we forget about the pretty blatant racism in 300 and Dawn of the Dead?

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I prefer the current version. I don't think posing for a photo holding three severed heads fits her film character.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
t2jfwxqokp551.png

Edgiest shit I've ever seen. 13 year old wet dream.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Wait, what in the fuck is this thread. The idea of a Snyder take on Evangelion is a goddam fucking unimaginable nightmare.
He is releasing 2 anime-style cartoons in 2021 (to maybe 2022). The Norse Gods one is promised to push the boundaries of content on Netflix.
maxresdefault.jpg

But yes, TSC is going there too. It will be the most gnostic film of 2021:
VaOEoLM.jpeg
Djttbp8WsAAhiX4.jpg

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
The prequels are good now and the internet has resurrected a dead Zack Snyder movie that a studio spent millions to kill. What a world.

Anything else I missed?

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Jared Leto is back as Joker under Snyder Truant and Synder fans are resurrecting a dead David Ayer movie that a studio spent millions to kill. What a world.
The first sequel to TSC is the 2016 prequel. You better believe it Era.

"I look forward to working with him again in the future. We have lots up our sleeves, Zack and I." Jared Leto

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
These people are just straight up obsessed with painting the narrative, they've come up with in their heade, as true.

Reminds be of that Zatt Murdock poster who tried his best to paint Snyder as a right wing nut job after he liked a tweet that took a slight dig at Whedon.
It's funny because the same people have absolutely no problems with James Gunn despite the fact that he has much more problematic opinion and controversy behind him. But they like his movies better so I guess he's fine ?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
He is releasing 2 anime-style cartoons in 2021 (to maybe 2022). The Norse Gods one is promised to push the boundaries of content on Netflix.
maxresdefault.jpg

But yes, TSC is going there too. It will be the most gnostic film of 2021:
VaOEoLM.jpeg
Djttbp8WsAAhiX4.jpg
I don't mind him branching into animation more / think it's a good fit even. But I can't imagine anyone whose sensibilities line up worse for Evangelion.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Hahaha, Zack Snyder might be the polar opposite of Hideaki Anno. Snyder making an Evangelion movie would be akin to Michael Bay adapting a David Lynch movie.

Like, it would be pretty hard to find a worse fit even if you actively tried.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone ever checked Zack Snyder's basement?
Dude's obsession for nitty gritty evil and perversion of anything good makes me feel more and more like there's a couple of corpses hidden in the walls.

Narpas Sword0

Oct 28, 2017
8 pages of zack Snyder hate for an unused concept image even though he went on to cast and create the current WW in BVS and wrote the story for the only good WW movie lol

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
8 pages of zack Snyder hate for an unused concept image even though he went on to cast and create the current WW in BVS and wrote the story for the only good WW movie lol

Excuse me madam/sir, I've been saying that Gal Gadot is an absolutely terrible actress ever since Fast & Furious and felt only supported in my statement due to Wonder Woman, thank you very much.

My dislike for Zack Synder is also more grounded in...well...his entire career. I watched Sucker Punch. More than once. I feel like I am owed at least 20 years of making fun of him for that alone.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Been ignoring this thread but i saw the post on twitter. WTF, does he not study the characters? Jesus christ

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Excuse me madam/sir, I've been saying that Gal Gadot is an absolutely terrible actress ever since Fast & Furious and felt only supported in my statement due to Wonder Woman, thank you very much.

My dislike for Zack Synder is also more grounded in...well...his entire career. I watched Sucker Punch. More than once. I feel like I am owed at least 20 years of making fun of him for that alone.

Shhh, let his stans whine. Its all they have.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
That's a badass picture and I love the concept of gathering warriors from around the world in that Era to go fuck up ares.

Diana wasn't playing games.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
BvS pretty clearly under-performed considering it featured two (well, three) of the most well known superheroes at a time where the MCU was clearing a billion with Iron Man movies though
Which doesn't add up, because BvS 2nd weekend collapse scared WB so much they basically turned Justice League into the convoluted mess it became.
Sure, but that doesn't change that the film made nearly 900 million at the box office. We can argue whether or not they were happy with that return compared to what could have been, but calling that "failing" is nonsensical. Terrio worked on the scripts for BvS (nearly 900 million), Justice League (650 million), and Rise of Skywalker (well over a billion dollars at the box office). If anything, it should be seen as unsurprising that he keeps getting work, and it can't just be chalked up to a white guy failing upwards.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Snyder got the Man of Steel gig after Watchman and SuckerPunch bombed.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I will say that Man of Steel's action scenes are the best live action Dragon Ball movie we will ever get.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Some of you need to see Anno´s live-action film before Shin Godzilla. El terrible. We´ll see about 3.0+1.0 but the last one was terrible. I have no hope. Look up some of the things he says too. Wow wow wow. In Yoshiyuki Tomino cross interviews especially.

The lake house in BvS looks like Snyder's btw to touch on that topic and look at that Wayne portrait:
T9Jp3HoZ07xTxjX-O3vvMdVYVAs-CFVMF9xBv5GQdME.jpg
Zack-Snyder-Gym-Office-Batman-v-Superman.jpg

How I imagine his basement to look.
Ehzq2tPWsAA1iYc.jpg

Watchman made money in the long run and pioneered some tech for WB that was then used for other comic flicks but it indeed failed on release. Too soon Tm and they had to cut the film down as the film rolls got too heavy. Wanna see Rorschach say the homophobic and racist lines from the comic and look even more unhinged while killing? Watch his director's cut. It's Dave Gibbons approved.

DreadfulOmen

Feb 6, 2018
She's evil in that one dude. Aquaman is also a mass murdering tyrant and Batman is Thomas Wayne who kills people with guns. That timeline is not supposed to be the way the characters act. The whole point is reality is massively fucked up and wrong.

DC has done WW so dirty it's sad. Can't even really blame you guys since they've gotten her wrong in so much stuff that's totally warped how people see her. But the whole reason Diana has a lasso is it's a non lethal weapon. She's not supposed to kill people.

Still fucking hilarious when Snyder fanboys post Geoff Johns comics to justify Snyder's edginess though.
ErAKOGzXIAonse2
Uhhh I know she's evil in that one. All I said was she's brutal in that story.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly I think the first picture and story idea seems much cooler (I could do without the severed heads though). It just seems more unique and fits the rest of what the DCEU had going on much better.

After seeing what WW84 turned out like, what we're actually getting certainly isn't any better that's for sure.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minus the severed heads, the first pic would've been a cooler Wonder Woman movie. Wonder Woman teaming up with a samurai, native Americans, a redcoat, and others would've been pretty cool compared to just a WW1 movie.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
I shouldn't have put in the Thanos part as it's going to be a 1 to 1 comparison when Diana chops off Steppenwolf's head in JL. Focus on the picture. If that was Thor in that picture, what would the reaction be? My guess is that no one would care. It'd be like, "Cool... anyway when's Black Widow coming out?"

It's not a Marvel vs DC thing.

And the reaction would be negative. It's not compatible with the Thor we have seen so far, specially after the more comedic Ragnarok.

Minthara

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
That's certainly a way to interpret a two second shot.

Not really? The whole movie, as is common in Zack Snyder's work, contains a whole bunch of symbolism of a Pro-American slant in the aftermath of 9/11 and the War on Terror. Given the fact that the movie released right after that one, 300, is steeped in the demonization of people from the Middle East as well, I'm not entirely sure why we should give Dawn of the Dead the benefit of the doubt.

Dawn of the Dead is pretty deliberate with the way its shot, and the opening sequence just adds to that.

There was an essay written a few years ago that dives more into this.

And the one thing Zack Snyder knows and overuses in all his movies is symbolism.

Like I said, if you want to dismiss Dawn of the Dead as not racist, I guess you can do that, but you cannot dismiss 300.

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
There was an essay written a few years ago that dives more into this.
This is one of the dumbest thing I have ever read
Despite being shot a total of six times, the zombie remains at a full sprint, unphased by the bullets. Arriving at the door just before it is sealed, the zombie blocks the door from closing with a heavily bleeding severed arm, waving it in the face of the survivors, splashing its highly-infectious blood into the faces of its victims. More disturbing than the scene's gut-wrenching tension is its striking similarity to a suicide bombing.
The fuck is this ?
Instead of a detonator in his right hand, the zombie uses its severed right arm as the tool for his zombie jihad.
Zombie jihad ? oh god
The entire thing is ridiculous.

Minthara

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
This is one of the dumbest thing I have ever read

The fuck is this ?

Zombie jihad ? oh god
The entire thing is ridiculous.

I mean, even if you want to dismiss the whole thing (which is your right, go for it! I posted that essay because its an interesting view on the film as a whole), the Maggie Mae Fish video linked two posts above yours dives into it much more cohesively and touches on the homophobia as well.