• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I guess the PG nature of films designed to make the most money has essentially rewritten how Diana was largely written as per canon. On screen, the truer rendition of WW would fit in rather well in the world of The Boys.

Technically, she truly is one of the most effective superheroes in the world of DC.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Having not seen the movies or read the comics my impression of Wonder Woman was basically framed by Jill Lepore

www.thelastarchive.com

Episode 2: Detection of Deception — The Last Archive

KEY SOURCES The full text of Frye’s trial: United States v. Frye, No. 38325 (D.C. 1922) . The full text of Frye’s appeal: Frye v. United States. 293 F. 1013 (D.C.. Cir 1923) . Excerpts from Frye’s applications for pardon. You can find the full letters on file with t

So all this talk of savage ass wonder woman taking heads, breaking necks, and body count is new to me

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
i mean wonder woman is the JL member that most fit it but .... =P

That explains how little snyder cared about the WW movie that would have been at scrpting phase at this point

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even want the Snyder Cut, just give me an 8 part behind the scenes of BVS. Guaranteed to be a must watch.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Having not seen the movies or read the comics my impression of Wonder Woman was basically framed by Jill Lepore

www.thelastarchive.com

Episode 2: Detection of Deception — The Last Archive

KEY SOURCES The full text of Frye’s trial: United States v. Frye, No. 38325 (D.C. 1922) . The full text of Frye’s appeal: Frye v. United States. 293 F. 1013 (D.C.. Cir 1923) . Excerpts from Frye’s applications for pardon. You can find the full letters on file with t

So all this talk of savage ass wonder woman taking heads, breaking necks, and body count is new to me
She's so well rounded as a warrior that Batman didn't have a plan for her in Tower of babel. She's pretty badass and doesn't mind killing if she feels it's necessary.

Of course, I think Snyder's version would still fit better as an elseworld's story just like MoS, BvS, and his upcoming Justice League. I don't mind that, but it's obviously not in line with most people's tastes. Oh well.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
I wasnt the biggest fan of the first WW movie (well, the last third of it anyway) but considering how inspirational and empowering that movie clearly was for young girls at the time I am extremely glad that Snyder didnt get to go through with this head hunter version. Wouldn't expect much less from the guy behind Suckerpunch though.

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Another reason why it's great that WB got rid of that edgelord

Jan 31, 2018
Love it. Synder's version would have at least been different from the cookie-cutter dumbed down marvel mimics that were released.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You should try to read a few Wonder Woman comics.
I hate this "I'm a comics purist" mindset.

Guess what? I've read comics too. In fact, the first kind of comics I read were the big box of 50s and 60s comics my uncle gifted me that were so insanely campy and silly that they're incredible.

But Zack seems like the guy who takes those covers seriously.
3164426.jpg

Like Batman, there's not really "one" interpretation of Wonder Woman. MORE SO than Batman, Wonder Woman's origins, personality, and status quo have been in constant flux for decades. We all know Superman and Batman's origin and what drives them. What's the "definitive" Wonder Woman origin? What's the "definitive" Diana Prince personality? Are the "Amazons" the modernized Greek gods who are barbaric killers, or are the the type of Sapphic BDSM dynamic the original creator intended them to be?
main-qimg-03252146f81ea04f29a22b5293a98786.webp

What does Wonder Woman represent to the men who desired her growing up? To the young girls who crew up idolizing her?

There's a reason Patty Jenkins had to fight for a "kind" version of the character.
"There was such mistrust of a different way of doing things and a different point of view," she explained on Marc Maron's WTF podcast. "So that was definitely happening, even when I first joined Wonder Woman it was like, 'Uhh, yeah, ok, but let's do it this other way.' But I was like, 'Women don't want to see that. Her being harsh and tough and cutting people's heads off, that's not what— I'm a Wonder Woman fan, that's not what we're looking for.' Still, I could feel that shaky nervousness [on their part] of my point of view."

There are versions of Superman where he's a psychotic murderer, versions of Spider-man where kills his wife with radioactive sperm, versions of Captain America that are Nazi-sympathizers, versions of Wolverine where he's a cowardly wuss, versions of any character done in ways that are different, odd, and contradictory to prior incarnations or portrayals. Many are valid, and many less so.

PERSONALLY speaking, I'm with Patty on growing up with a more idolized version of Wonder Woman who left a kingdom of peace and perfection because of her love for humanity as a whole, who champions her ability to save lives rather than end them, and who can use words and kindness to defuse situations as easily as fists.
6f82fad846f2cb8ea94ef46e012d3923.jpg

What's Wonder Woman's definitive origin? It's this concept, at heart.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
I hate this "I'm a comics purist" mindset.

Guess what? I've read comics too. In fact, the first kind of comics I read were the big box of 50s and 60s comics my uncle gifted me that were so insanely campy and silly that they're incredible.

But Zack seems like the guy who takes those covers seriously.
3164426.jpg

Like Batman, there's not really "one" interpretation of Wonder Woman. MORE SO than Batman, Wonder Woman's origins, personality, and status quo have been in constant flux for decades. We all know Superman and Batman's origin and what drives them. What's the "definitive" Wonder Woman origin? What's the "definitive" Diana Prince personality? Are the "Amazons" the modernized Greek gods who are barbaric killers, or are the the type of Sapphic BDSM dynamic the original creator intended them to be?
main-qimg-03252146f81ea04f29a22b5293a98786.webp

What does Wonder Woman represent to the men who desired her growing up? To the young girls who crew up idolizing her?

There's a reason Patty Jenkins had to fight for a "kind" version of the character.

There are versions of Superman where he's a psychotic murderer, versions of Spider-man where kills his wife with radioactive sperm, versions of Captain America that are Nazi-sympathizers, versions of Wolverine where he's a cowardly wuss, versions of any character done in ways that are different, odd, and contradictory to prior incarnations or portrayals. Many are valid, and many less so.

PERSONALLY speaking, I'm with Patty on growing up with a more idolized version of Wonder Woman who left a kingdom of peace and perfection because of her love for humanity as a whole, who champions her ability to save lives rather than end them, and who can use words and kindness to defuse situations as easily as fists.
6f82fad846f2cb8ea94ef46e012d3923.jpg

What's Wonder Woman's definitive origin? It's this concept, at heart.
I definitely think Patty went in the right direction in Wonder Woman 1. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see what this would be like.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I don't buy for a second he understands how to portray 'love' on film.
It would've been terrible storytelling with him helming the movie, but I do like the setup. Probably more realistic for the background of a super powered woman from a magic infused warrior civilization, though clashes with a lot of people's expectation for Wonder Woman specifically, and the intent of her character.

She and her people were directly part of the society revolving around actual Greek Gods. I mean, this was the dad of some of their deities:

cronus-who-ate-_and-vomited-up_-his-own-children-photo-u2

Chronos (Wonder Woman's grandpa) who decided the best way to keep his kids from turning on him was to eat them.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I don't know why in these threads people keep bringing up comic book personalities when the movie ones have never matched and are their own adaptation/interpretation. I've talking about the film universe Diana

I am saying I hope they do in the future just like how they have two batmans coming up

(I don't read comics - just from my experience with watching the animated films)

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Superman has to kill. Batman has to kill. Wonder Woman poses with severed heads.

What a hack.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
A fan coloring. Great stuff. Snyder is da man. I read basically every Post Crisis Wonder Woman run. All I liked to completion. Warrior Woman is on-brand.
Eq7ZXXrW4AEGh1Z

Half of my DCEU post is already here (the Phil Jimenez run or stuff like Dead Earth could also be named) and Snyder´s team is made of legit DC scholars.
Not quite on my "level of expertise" but true fans nonetheless. Basically every decision by them is based on canon. Outside of some of the Aquaman stuff, I guess.
The "sign language" seems to be in TSC. Snyder suggested so recently. Don´t remember that in the comics from the top of my head. I said head. Laugh.

You show the heads of generals or send them to the enemy camp to convey a message and this war specifically might be the first that was photographed. None of this is "murder" or "trophy collecting". It's how you win a war the fastest. Aim for the top and demoralize the enemy. Would love to know where the head props came from.
WW also demanded to publically execute the Joker, who killed half the JSA, in the just concluded Injustice prequel at the very end. Set before things and her go bad.

WW from the beloved (I think it´s only fine) Dead Earth:
t2jfwxqokp551.png

She also killed him. She is the hero of the story mind you. And here is the "last" Batman story by Comic Snyder:
IMG_2105.jpg

Film Snyder´s take is at close to the modern canon as it gets. I could do this all day.
Is your dream project having Snyder making an Adam X film because of all the edge?

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
That response is just fine for outright lies. You're lying. Straight up. The only problematic thing about him is that he made movies you didn't like.

You have a hard on for the guy for years. At some point, you gotta charge him rent for living in your head.
These people are just straight up obsessed with painting the narrative, they've come up with in their heade, as true.

Reminds be of that Zatt Murdock poster who tried his best to paint Snyder as a right wing nut job after he liked a tweet that took a slight dig at Whedon.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
A fan coloring. Great stuff. Snyder is da man. I read basically every Post Crisis Wonder Woman run. All I liked to completion. Warrior Woman is on-brand.
Eq7ZXXrW4AEGh1Z

Half of my DCEU post is already here (the Phil Jimenez run or stuff like Dead Earth could also be named) and Snyder´s team is made of legit DC scholars.
Not quite on my "level of expertise" but true fans nonetheless. Basically every decision by them is based on canon. Outside of some of the Aquaman stuff, I guess.
The "sign language" seems to be in TSC. Snyder suggested so recently. Don´t remember that in the comics from the top of my head. I said head. Laugh.

You show the heads of generals or send them to the enemy camp to convey a message and this war specifically might be the first that was photographed. None of this is "murder" or "trophy collecting". It's how you win a war the fastest. Aim for the top and demoralize the enemy. Would love to know where the head props came from.
WW also demanded to publically execute the Joker, who killed half the JSA, in the just concluded Injustice prequel at the very end. Set before things and her go bad.

WW from the beloved (I think it´s only fine) Dead Earth:
t2jfwxqokp551.png

She also killed him. She is the hero of the story mind you. And here is the "last" Batman story by Comic Snyder:
IMG_2105.jpg

Film Snyder´s take is at close to the modern canon as it gets. I could do this all day.
Wasnt Dead Earth released this year? Snyder seems to be a real god, he even does time travel.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I did some thinking. The most psychotic WW isn´t the Frank Miller one. It´s Ame-Comi WW:
EzrWGbr.jpg

Come to think of if. She tried to cleave Mogul´s head in half just like that in Infinite Crisis after he was defeated and on the ground. Superman stopped her blade.

My Snyder dream project is him directing a film with Orion in a prominent role. That would be god tier. Presented with no comment:
New-Gods-v4-02.jpg

He is still thinking of adapting DKR for real btw. Something he brings up now and then. The last time was Monday. I´ll do all I can to get some form of JLA Part 2 and 3 made but that too is a good idea a decade down the line. My favorite self contained DC story meets my 2nd favorite living director right now. (Marty is Nr 1.) Dew it.

Snyder is a great collaborator btw. Patty had her divergent take on WW and he said yes. Joe Manganiello wanted to put a mohawk on Slade during the additional photography last year and he said yes. Affleck wanted his Batman to swear. He said yes but Snyder too is a potty mouth. I wonder what Leto asked of him? I can already tell you that he got it without even having been there. Zack Snyder´s Joker? Take my money now.

Edit: Not happening in the upcoming BvS remaster but it does hit harder:

Last edited:

Deleted member 6173

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I won't be happy until I see Wonder Woman use the magic lasso thread through the spine and skull of a dead superman who Wonder Woman killed by mistake.

OP
OP
Khanimus

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
If Cap killed hitler yes he would've posed with the body with his crew next to him
I mean he's a white guy from the 40's. He's also probably a racist. There's a reason people don't write him like that though - these are supposed to be aspirational characters. The take of "YEAH LET'S GET WONDER WOMAN TO JUST REVEL IN SAVAGELY KILLING HER ENEMIES" is some shallow-ass shit.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean he's a white guy from the 40's. He's also probably a racist. There's a reason people don't write him like that though - these are supposed to be aspirational characters. The take of "YEAH LET'S GET WONDER WOMAN TO JUST REVEL IN SAVAGELY KILLING HER ENEMIES" is some shallow-ass shit.

They wrote Ultimate Cap as a product of his times...who also hates France for some reason, because Iraqi War Patriotism...