• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plasticine

Oct 25, 2017
She is indeed. IIRC, Snyder's conception of WW was far more violent and bloodthirsty than what we ended up with, so that photo would fit with that.

Snyder wanted to turn Wonder Woman into a murderous psychopath who collected severed heads for trophies? That's probably the most Zack Snyder thing I've heard.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the Crimean War setting sounds more interesting tbh.

hyp3rlink

Oct 27, 2017
There's a Sikh, Indian, Samurai and a Scotsman in the first pic.. never seen a more diverse coalition than this.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did the Crimean War have Samurai, African tribesman and Native Americans fighting in it?

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Batman dropping f-bombs and WW ripping off forearms & jamming the broken bones into eye-sockets! Bring on the Snyder-Cut boyeeeeeeee!

Jan 4, 2021
In the DCEU, I always assumed this was who she was before Steve Trevor. "I've killed things from other worlds before" leads me to believe that the heads she is holding were serious alien threats to Earth.

If they didn't make the WW movie her introduction to the rest of the world this could've worked. Diana as a silent protector, but somewhat bloodthirsty warrior, operating throughout humanity's history to keep Earth safe - but more for the love of the fight rather than the salvation of humans until she meets Steve.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
Man, if this was the first in a series, followed up by WWI/WWII, and then maybe 1984... that'd be cool.

Oct 25, 2017
gflTuwL.gif

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
Why would you pose for a photo to begin with if you want your immortality to remain a secret?
Especially since you have to hold the pose for several minutes back then.

Why am I trying to make sense of this anyway

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Diana mercing people isn't that unusual I guess?

Her turning around and saying 'here take my picture with three scalps I claimed' is a bit extra.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
"We're going to put Jimmy Olsen in our movie. It will be fun!"
*Jimmy Olsen gets shot in the face during his one minute of screen time.*
"That was fun!"

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you pose for a photo to begin with if you want your immortality to remain a secret?
Especially since you have to hold the pose for several minutes back then.

Why am I trying to make sense of this anyway

She didn't want anyone thinking she was making up that story about the triple beheading.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Bro what if Flash grabbed someone by the head and vibrated it back and forth at super sonic speeds and his head blew up into a red mist bro

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
Omg so blood thirsty and horrible! It's almost like it didn't make it into the film because of reasons and everyone is just having another collective hate wank about Zack Snyder!

Oct 25, 2017
A superhero holding the severed head of a supervillain plays a little differently than holding three heads of normal mortals she has killed.

And like, she isn't even holding their heads while standing over their freshly-killed bodies.

She carried that shit around. Posed for a photo with it.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bro what if Flash grabbed someone by the head and vibrated it back and forth at super sonic speeds and his head blew up into a red mist bro

The Flash would kill most everyone he tried to save if it involved his super speed. The human body isn't meant to go very fast and a dude accelerating in a split second to the speed of sound then stopping in the same fashion would turn most people into a pile of gore.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Thought it was pretty cool till I saw the heads. Snyder at his best.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Flash would kill most everyone he tried to save if it involved his super speed. The human body isn't meant to go very fast and a dude accelerating in a split second to the sound of speed and then stopping in the same fashion would turn most people into a pile of gore.
Counterpoint: Speedforce.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
A fan coloring. Great stuff. Snyder is da man. I read basically every Post Crisis Wonder Woman run. All I liked to completion. Warrior Woman is on-brand.
Eq7ZXXrW4AEGh1Z

Half of my DCEU post is already here (the Phil Jimenez run or stuff like Dead Earth could also be named) and Snyder´s team is made of legit DC scholars.
Not quite on my "level of expertise" but true fans nonetheless. Basically every decision by them is based on canon. Outside of some of the Aquaman stuff, I guess.
The "sign language" seems to be in TSC. Snyder suggested so recently. Don´t remember that in the comics from the top of my head. I said head. Laugh.

You show the heads of generals or send them to the enemy camp to convey a message and this war specifically might be the first that was photographed. None of this is "murder" or "trophy collecting". It's how you win a war the fastest. Aim for the top and demoralize the enemy. Would love to know where the head props came from.
WW also demanded to publically execute the Joker, who killed half the JSA, in the just concluded Injustice prequel at the very end. Set before things and her go bad.

WW from the beloved (I think it´s only fine) Dead Earth:
t2jfwxqokp551.png

She also killed him. She is the hero of the story mind you. And here is the "last" Batman story by Comic Snyder:
IMG_2105.jpg

Film Snyder´s take is at close to the modern canon as it gets. I could do this all day.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Snyder doing wonder woman on the Crimean War would have gone all in on the meatgrinder that was. Weren't many moder medicine practices born from observations made on that war?

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe she was collecting helmets and forgot that the heads were still attached

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Flash would kill most everyone he tried to save if it involved his super speed. The human body isn't meant to go very fast and a dude accelerating in a split second to the speed of sound then stopping in the same fashion would turn most people into a pile of gore.
Speedforce tho!