• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
zack-snyder-alternate-wonder-woman-1251359.jpeg

Image used in BvS
wfhzxtzghv8rm3tl6dug.jpg

For context:

BvS introduces Diana trying to reclaim this photo from Lex Luthor, which is evidence of her immortality and superhero existence which she's tried to keep under wraps for 100 years. Snyder originally was pitching that she be part of the Crimean War, whereas it was instead settled that she be part of World War 1.

I think it looks wayyy over-posed for Diana's stance.

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
That Crimean war photo looks pretty cool. I wonder how that film woulda turned out.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
oh cool wonder woman holding decapitated heads

i am so beyond sick of this guy

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I remember reading about this, that would've been a much more interesting setting.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
i didn't even notice she was holding three heads. i was overwhelmed with questions before I even got that far lol

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Did the Crimean War get sucked into a time warp? What in the hell is even going on?

Also fuck off with the heads, goddammit Snyder.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty badass. Also looks like a fucking bill and ted movie with those people alongside her lmao they don't fit at all.

Oct 29, 2017
Snyder's photo looks like it was shot on film using a large format camera.

The second looks like it's just been photoshopped to look old.

Zhengi

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The Crimean War would have been more interesting even if I did love the Wonder Woman movie. At this point, I just find the WWI and WWII setting boring and actively try to avoid watching movies based on these wars.

OP
OP
Khanimus

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
She's done it on occasion in the comics... even though some were over the top and one was when she was evil in Flashpoint I think. Wonder Woman is probably the most brutal out of the Justice League members.
I mean she's a trained warrior unlike most of the other JL members.

But that doesn't mean she has to be portrayed as 'bloodthirsty' like how this image evokes.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. Any panel examples?
I'll quote residentgrigo since he put this together:

People collected the heads of generals as proof of a kill to the enemy. Anyone who has seen a historical war flick or two would know this. So what is seen isn´t cruel. It's efficient warfare. She will take a head in TSC. Blessed be Snyder. People are ironically asking for Greg Rucka to write a WW film. He "gets" her of course. So does Snydra. His (and Geoffs) Max Lord snapping WW is on the top right and the N52 one was also fairly cold-hearted.
4066e2e1c36677b6dcf5acb6b0edd354.jpg
3549882-page16.jpg

22ii6VVziCfhYGnyMfjtopPUpAEBP82YmAAVNnnxjZ8.jpg
Eq77xfRXMAId3-A

dcuomovie4.jpg
Eq8wwRbXYAMPgGn
Wonder-Woman-kills-the-First-Born-and-Ares-the-God-of-War.jpg
Eq9lxG0W4AYlXpo

The 300 homage below is a real DC variant and the CG one that beheads Metallo is from DCUO. I can go on. For pages and pages. Golden Age WW killed a ton of Nazis. Post Crisis WW kills, kills, kills. She even murdered capitulated soldiers at the end of WW1 when she snapped due to Ares and Steve dying.
B4rrgVPCMAAJqDX.jpg
ComicReview_Batman_DarkKnightIII_%C3%9Cbermenschen_PaniniComics_03.jpg

Bonus:

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Snyder only reads the edgiest shittiest DC comics and then cranks them to 11.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Feels more warrior appropriate.

Are those heads though? That's a bit much, lol