• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
He wanted to reprise the Super Stalker scene from Superman Returns

Kazoku_

Oct 27, 2017
Of COURSE there was. Between this and Joker looking like Jesus in that vanity fair article... this is bad comedy.
I thought you were exaggerating...
VF1321_Snyder_EMBED-03b.jpg

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I was hoping this was taken out of context or something, but no, no, it's quoted right from the Vanity Fair article (it's a good article, btw, and I think it's wonderful how Zack is honoring his daughter with his work).

I just don't see how this would have worked. I don't see it. It's the oddest possible angle to take with Batman in that movie, it's just so weird.

Even if going with the "romantic interest humanizes character and gives him perspective" trope, Batman could date Wonder Woman and come to the same conclusion, and it would actually make sense considering how they seemed a little flirty with each other in Batman vs Superman. It's still bad, but at least it wouldn't come with the host of complications that "dating a woman makes you want to resurrect her ex" would bring.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Just when I thought this movie couldn't have been more cursed than it already was

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I was hoping this was taken out of context or something, but no, no, it's quoted right from the Vanity Fair article (it's a good article, btw, and I think it's wonderful how Zack is honoring his daughter with his work).

I just don't see how this would have worked. I don't see it. It's the oddest possible angle to take with Batman in that movie, it's just so weird.

Even if going with the "romantic interest humanizes character and gives him perspective" trope, Batman could date Wonder Woman and come to the same conclusion, and it would actually make sense considering how they seemed a little flirty with each other in Batman vs Superman. It's still bad, but at least it wouldn't come with the host of complications that "dating a woman makes you want to resurrect her ex" would bring.
It seems like it was cut well before the script was finalized, so it wouldn't work in either version of the film that will exist.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
It seems like it was cut well before the script was finalized, so it wouldn't work in either version of the film that will exist.

Sure, but one of Snyder's quotes provides the context for what he wanted to accomplish with the idea:

"The intention was that Bruce fell in love with Lois and then realized that the only way to save the world was to bring Superman back to life."

So it essentially would have followed the same general plot as the Justice League we received, and I still find it very odd.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019
Probably a good thing that they scrapped it. Would have been gross for Bruce to date Lois after trying to kill her boyfriend (Fiance? I can't remember.)

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
While not necessarily a bad idea, everything Snyder touches turns to shit and it's clear that this dude had an insane misunderstanding of the characters.

I can't believe they gave the "World's Biggest Boy Scout" to an Ayn Rand fan.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Untill this added into the movie then this isn't the true syndercut! #releasetherealsyndercut

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
4293328-3909518891-14194.jpg

Another for the list of things Snyder saw in related material and decided to put in his version without due consideration.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Imagine reading that very touching, heartbreaking and extensive article and the only thread worthy take aways are:

"BatmanLane lolz no luv for the supes "

"Jesus Joker LMAO Snyder fucking suks HUR DUR!! "

Aug 13, 2019
Ah, so it wouldn't be an actual romance between them, but a one-sided love on Bruce's part that leads to him reviving Superman to make her happy? Still glad the idea got nixed.

shauntu

Oct 27, 2017
Should have done this in Superman vs. Batman. Then during the climactic battle and after Lois saves herself from drowning, she could interrupt Batman killing Superman by exclaiming that they need to rescue Martha -- and both Superman and Batman would respond to her. Leading them to realize their mom's have the same name lol. Besties for life with a side glance of jealousy as they both realize the other knows Lois well...

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
As long as it was one sided on Bruce's part I'd be fine with this. An actual romance and I denounce Synder to the deepest pit of Apokolips. Stop doing Superman wrong