• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Of all things in the Snyderverse, this is what would make the least sense.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Can we just put all these threads into one? This is all sourced from the same Vanity Fair article that came out today.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
In character Lois would roast the Bruce Wayne persona and not be a big of a fan of The Batman

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Changed the title, cause it was a bit creepy and incorrect

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
All respect to Amy Adams but she's a terrible Lois. Largely I think due to the material she's given, because I know she can be badass in a role.

She feels like a woman in a shonen anime. They're just there to get with or support the main character and look sexy at times. No character of her own.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
All respect to Amy Adams but she's a terrible Lois. Largely I think due to the material she's given, because I know she can be badass in a role.
Yeah, her and Cavill have the Chemistry of roommates that work different shifts. But I completely put that on the writing and direction

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What does NTR stand for?
Urban Dictionary said:
NTR or Netorare, (jap. 寝取られ, 寝(ne) as in 寝取られ means "sleep", in this case, "the lover's sleeping with someone (cheating)". 取られ(torare) is a noun coming from 取られる(torareru), "have something stolen/robbed".

It is a genre of anime (most commonly found in hentai), with a specific idea at its centre - cheating. It has a (main) story where the protagonist has his/her lover stolen by someone. The sex in an Netorare hentai/NTR hentai will focus more on the couple that is having an affair together, rather than the married or dating couple whose relationship is being violated. Netorare/NTR usually has a female character as the one who is cheating on her husband or boyfriend, but it can also be a male character as well sleeping with other girls. Quite often, Netorare hentai/NTR hentai end in depressed, regretful, and rage-filled characters rather than happy endings.
TL;DR: The weeb term for cuckolding.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Can we please just have one thread that discusses the Vanity Fair article instead of having 5 threads each talking about one different paragraph in the article?

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm wouldn't be the first time they've dated. But like, Snyder would need a better writer to pull that off.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NTR is a cancer, i was reading a fluffy novel the other day, then bang NTR + mind control combo out of nowhere
i hate with passion those type of stories

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Who wouldn't fall in love with the nut you first encountered maliciously jabbing the love of your life with a spear?

Coleslaw

Nov 3, 2018
Yeah, I'm reading it and it doesn't seem as off as people are making it sound as Superman is dead and is part of Batman push to resurrect Superman.

I will say that sounds very much like it's an idea from when they were planning 2-3 movies of this (it obviously couldn't be fit into this movie if it's already 4 hours)..

What does NTR mean? Edit got it thank you for saving me from googling that

Oct 25, 2017
Was that the reason Supes becomes evil in Batman's weird dream sequences?

Because by "you took her from me" it was actually he swooped in after attempting to murder him and stole Lois?

I genuinely hate the fact people think NTR is actually strong emotional storytelling, and not the weird fetish it is.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I could at least buy the BTAS version since the romance angle between Lois/Supes/Clark was practically nonexistent in the series.

It being a cartoon for kids, it made sense to downplay the romance in favor of Lois being her own character. Hard to justify Clark fucking off to space for days/months at a time if he has to constantly check in with someone.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
All the threads about the Vanity Fair article should probably be merged.

At this point, people are just reacting to small excerpts from the same article in different threads.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Of COURSE there was. Between this and Joker looking like Jesus in that vanity fair article... this is bad comedy.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Hahahahaha! Amazing.
This dude just needs to write his own corner and version of the DCU for DC in comic form so we can be witness to just how far he'll go. Put him and Frank Miller on a project and just let them go nuts.