• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Flavius

Oct 28, 2017
Orlando, FL
Reminder that you're kind of a prick to knock the song choice since it's a personal choice to reflect his path since his daughters' suicide.

Whether you like it or not, the groundswell was for "The Snyder Cut"...and while we are speaking plainly here, most directors have an ego.Get over yourselves.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
My favorite thing about a black and white version besides snyder thinking he can make art in a movie that has Jared Leto Joker is that one of the most requested stuff in the movie is black suit superman

gPYVpmp.png

So you go from black suit superman to black suit superman

wjn6BRH.png]

Dude is going to become blind the second anyone hits his head

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
Man, Snyder is such an incredibly talented technical filmmaker...with the story and aesthestic sensibilities of a 14-year-old.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Cyborg's CG still looks wonky as hell. His design was a mistake, it needs to be doable with practical effects.

Trailer's okay.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Snyder's Watchmen is absolutely terrible, but it is interesting in the sense that it's, with two significant exceptions, a mostly shot-for-shot remake of the graphic novel that still manages to miss or misinterpret like all the subtext.
Watchmen is the example I always use of bad comic translations to movies.
The very pinacle of "only looking at the pictures, but didn't read a single word" of the comic.

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
How will they make money to cover the costs ? Millions of people are going to subscribe to HBOMax for this movie ? What about 1 month trials ?
Will it drop on VOD for the other countries ? Blu-rays sells ? Torrent copies will be available immediately...

LSauchelli

Oct 25, 2017
And here I was expecting something more like this:

www.youtube.com

Justice League Trailer (Avengers Style) Parody

Perhaps, in an alternate universe somewhere, this is the most anticipated movie of the summer. (Marvel/DC/Avengers/Justice League Parody/Review)Follow Random...

At least the Snyder Cut will have a better looking bad guy. I don't understand what happened in the theatrical version. That was as bad as the Movie Sonic trailer.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
ERA is the only place where I'm seeing these takes, looking at the trailer reactions around the internet. I have no stake in this movie whatever, but this place seems like such a fucking bubble when it comes to entertainment, lol.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Snyder's Watchmen is absolutely terrible, but it is interesting in the sense that it's, with two significant exceptions, a mostly shot-for-shot remake of the graphic novel that still manages to miss or misinterpret like all the subtext.

You've described it's major misstep, greatest flaw and only achievement all in one. Bravo!

ERA is the only place where I'm seeing these takes, looking at the trailer reactions around the internet. I have no stake in this movie whatever, but this place seems like such a fucking bubble when it comes to entertainment, lol.

tumblr_n66oatprab1s94765o1_500.gif

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This looks just as bad as the first one and I still do not get why it even exists.
Cause super toxic fans creates campaigns and petitions to get them to "release the Snyder cut" because they were convinced that if only he could show his vision, would we finally get a Justice League movie at the cinematic level of the perfection that is Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017

Other way around. The only people who care about this pile of shit is a tiny loud group of weirdos with the worst imaginable taste in anything. In the end this absurd waste of $100 million is going to be a short, sharp lesson in catering to things that look like big movements on social media but in reality are a relative handful of people in comparison to the amount of people you need to recoup costs on a project like this.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Looked a lot like the first trailer to me. Not bad. Hopefully the next trailer is the final one as the go home trailers always are the best ones.

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
Out of tune grumbly speaksinging over black and white nonsense. I didn't think a trailer could make me less interested in this project but... here we are.

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
The edge can be a little hard to handle but at least it makes the films feel distinct from the MCU stuff so what the hell go for it. I just wish the Flash running didn't look so awful.

chimpsteaks

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 12, 2019
I haven't followed the fan reactions to this. Am I like everyone else if I'm definitely going to watch this the day it comes out but also definitely expecting it to be roughly the same trash give or take 10%

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
it looks a bit cheap but still considerably better than the one in the Whedon cut. (the bad guy design)

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Still can't get over how ridiculous looking it is with how the Flash runs....
Like why the hell are they okay with him running like a rag doll?

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Still don't see the point to this mess

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Reminder that you're kind of a prick to knock the song choice since it's a personal choice to reflect his path since his daughters' suicide.

The overwhelming majority of people who will see this trailer will not know that.

It is still perfectly fine to be negative about the song choice. It would be bad taste to mock Snyder for the reason why he chose it but it is perfectly fine to criticize the song choice in relation to the trailer itself.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
The overwhelming majority of people who will see this trailer will not know that.

It is still perfectly fine to be negative about the song choice. It would be bad taste to mock Snyder for the reason why he chose it but it is perfectly fine to criticize the song choice in relation to the trailer itself.

Yeah thats really odd to get onto somebody expecting them to know that.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017

I do think most people understand what the Snyder Cut is if they're watching this trailer, and while they might not do the link about his daughter, it's easily interpretable as "Halleluya, the mythical cut will finally be released"

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
the movie is gonna be better without the whedonisms and adding and completely cyborg's arc, nit sure it will be good in itself but we'll be getting a much better film imo

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017

Whether you like it or not, the groundswell was for "The Snyder Cut"...and while we are speaking plainly here, most directors have an ego.Get over yourselves.
man the internet, film, comics twitter are really weird about snyder, yeah it's fine not to like his film but the insults and analysis go really deep too often

Wiggle

Nov 25, 2019
It is in near 4:3, yes.

(1.66:1 said Snyder, but he actually shot it on 4:3)
Thanks for the answer.
So the plan was always to release it in 4:3? Who makes a special effects filled blockbuster not in widescreen? And if it was shot that way, does that mean Wheadon's version was essentially cropped for widescreen?

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the answer.
So the plan was always to release it in 4:3? Who makes a special effects filled blockbuster not in widescreen? And if it was shot that way, does that mean Wheadon's version was essentially cropped for widescreen?
Yes

You can see a detailed explanation by the man himself here:

5f2450357924a12c0d26661c