• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
I really don't get the arguments of "it'll still be bad" or "why do people think this will be better".

Like, the people who want this cut are probably the same that liked Man of Steel and Batman v Superman in the first place. These are the people who want this cut and who think it'll be better. This isn't complicated to understand.

Apr 21, 2018
Am I the only one who sort of liked Justice League? I found it to be dumb fun, and a lot better than BvS and Man of Steel. (not quite as good as WW or Aquaman thought)

Schwarzbier

Nov 14, 2017
New Jersey
So it's not a "cut" anymore...

A cut this far out from principal photography would imply it's just editing but they're doing entirely new scenes? Movies as a service?

Can we get a Snyder Cut of The Rise of Skywalker??

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
What is toxic about people wanting a Snyder cut?
Yeah, screw those guys who've raised thousands for suicide prevention.
What is exactly so Toxic about that particular fan base?
There´s nothing toxic about DCEU fans wanting to see the directors original vision. I would argue that Marvel fans are on average alot more toxic in how they hate on everything not Marvel related - just look at how people that like the DCEU are treated online. Whenever they comment about it, you get swarms of people telling them they and the movie they like sucks. Thats toxic.

Is Releasing the Snyder Cut of Justice League a Victory for Toxic Fandoms?

Despite the good they have done raising money for a worthy cause, it's hard to ignore the toxic side of this fandom, which has targeted and harassed critics who have dared even tweet criticisms about Snyder's work. I have been told to kill myself on countless occasions by Twitter accounts with either Superman or Batman logos. When fandom becomes identity, every negative review seems like a personal attack.

In not only giving over to these fans, but using their language—#ReleaseTheSnyderCut–in its official announcement, HBO Max has given legitimacy to all actions of this fandom. Not very heroic of them.

Former DC President Harassed Off Twitter by Angry Zack Snyder Fans

While these DC fans are passionate, the toxicity is starting to drive prominent industry members away from interacting with them. Though Nelson has since left her post at DC Entertainment and Warner Bros., fans still decided to bombard her with harassment. For fans working toward a specific cause, harassment is not a great way to achieve a goal.

Why Does the DCEU Have Such a Toxic Fanbase?

Over the weekend, I received a DM from a stranger who wanted to let me know I was a nasty bully waste of space because I disliked the DCEU and the works of Zack Snyder. The troll in question was otherwise oddly polite, introducing himself by name and insisting his words were not offensive before he launched into his screed. This is nothing new for me, sadly, and certainly not from ardent fans of Snyder and the DCEU. Indeed, for a decent period of time, if you googled my name, one of the first image results was a screenshot of a sarcastic tweet I'd made about Snyder. It was being used as proof of my nefarious scheming against DC and further evidence of an industry-wide agenda to critically maul DC films and keep Marvel at the top. In a business where conspiracies breed with unnerving speed, this particular one may be the most baffling on a personal level.

Yet it's indicative of a mindset many of us have faced from large corners of the DC fandom, especially those who are avid fans of director Zack Snyder.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I am glad he gets to finish the movie in a version he likes.

I will not see it, because I have no faith in this being good.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Bullcrap. People parroted for months that the cut existed and was finished just like Snyder wanted.
OK? So are the new scenes reshoots to make it align with his cut before Joss took over or is it brand new new stuff that wasn't in his original version? No need to be hostile. I am literally asking a question out of curiosity.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Re: the fandom, this stuff just really rings through the line from The Boys (I'll spoil tag it to be safe but the line I'm quoting doesn't spoil anything really)

You don't need everyone to love you, you just need five million people to be fucking pissed off

You're not seeing this cut appeal to everyone, but it's certainly appealing to a very SMALL group who are loud and willing to shell out money and energy for it. I just don't understand why so many people with nothing at stake seem to be so dialed in to trashing it. Like, just don't watch it and carry on. People liking and being excited for this movie is fine (obviously right up until they start harassing people over it)

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
The only toxicity is the seeming derangement Snyder seems to elicit in people weirdly obsessed with movies they don't like.

If the cut was "finished" there would be no need to do any reshoots.
The reshoots are for scenes that were not originally intended. The original "Snyder Cut" was the film that Snyder made (that yes, was completely filmed and partially finished) that was already compromised by WB and Geoff Johns. He is going back and cutting out as much Geoff Johns and WB shit he was forced to do and putting back in things he was not allowed to do originally.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
The real question here is are they building any sets for this new footage? If it's shooting next month, and it's unlikely there has been any major pre-production given the COVID situation, I'm assuming that this is more likely to be pick-ups or some additional dialogue shot in front of a green screen.

That doesn't meant that it will be nothing or inconsequential but a week worth of shooting, presumably put together this quickly, doesn't scream some new , elaborate action set piece to me. I wouldn't be surprised if this new (right????) material was actually to 'reposition' the original ending so that it's no longer a potential cliff hanger for a sequel that will never happen.
Lmao at this point they're clearly going to just let Snyder finish his shit on HBO Max. Why else would they be going to such lengths. Sucks for me because I think Snyder and Cavill's Superman is absolute ass and I hate that he still has my favorite character locked up. But they're not "moving on" by any stretch of the imagination. For better or worse they're hitching the DCEU wagon to Snyder yet again.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
The only toxicity is the seeming derangement Snyder seems to elicit in people weirdly obsessed with movies they don't like.

The reshoots are for scenes that were not originally intended. The original "Snyder Cut" was the film that Snyder made (that yes, was completely filmed and partially finished) that was already compromised by WB and Geoff Johns. He is going back and cutting out as much Geoff Johns and WB shit he was forced to do and putting back in things he was not allowed to do originally.
The Snyder Cult is a full blown cult of personality that attacks anyone who says anything badly about Snyder's movies on social media. You have to be willfully ignorant to not know this.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
This is awesome. I hope Snyder will be able to wrap everything up neatly now. Maybe pave the way directly to the Flash movie and such.

Deleted member 77553

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
Im so excited for this and the future of the DCEU such as WW84, The Suicide Squad, Black Adam, the flash, Aquaman 2, and Shazam!: Fury of the gods. Also super hyped for Matt Reeves The Batman which doesn't take place in the DCEU.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
What is with this gamergate-tier response in every snydercut thread? As if donating to a charity is some "you're not allowed to criticise my behaviour ever" card?
What are you criticizing then? Every fandom has bad apples. It's the Internet. This is not news. You're comparing it to the blatant sexism of Gamergate which is much, much worse.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017

the "snyder cut" WB had in storage was in no way a finished and polished product, the fact that it wasn't available from the get go on HBO MAX should be enough proof for that.

Cavill not shooting scenes
OP
OP
Wingfan19

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Cavill is not shooting additional scenes

collider.com

Henry Cavill Says He Is NOT Doing Snyder Cut Reshoots

It seems the reports of Zack Snyder shooting new footage for The Snyder Cut with Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, and Gal Gadot might have been premature.

"Not shooting anything additional. No. It's all stuff that has been already done. Obviously I don't know how things are going to evolve and change and adapt depending on now a different length of movie and whatever may happen in post-production. Whatever lessons may be learned from what is it four years since Justice League came out? Four years' worth of fan reaction. For me…I'm now just watching the party."

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Lmao at this point they're clearly going to just let Snyder finish his shit on HBO Max. Why else would they be going to such lengths. Sucks for me because I think Snyder and Cavill's Superman is absolute ass and I hate that he still has my favorite character locked up. But they're not "moving on" by any stretch of the imagination. For better or worse they're hitching the DCEU wagon to Snyder yet again.

They absolutely are not doing that.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
That's unfortunate, gonna be weird having new Justice League scenes with no Supes " he had to go he was needed elsewhere"

OP
OP
Wingfan19

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
That's unfortunate, gonna be weird having new Justice League scenes with no Supes " he had to go he was needed elsewhere"
Well, if you think about it, he really only shows up at the end, right? Zack probably has enough to end his arc from the stuff he shot the first time around. I think it makes more sense for Bruce, Diana, and Victor to need more scenes to close/open the episodes since they're the ones doing the leg work.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Mustache Superman lives!
Nothing stops this train.

cavill_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqVkR74_kydjgeTPIib1rsJ6x30VG81Iu4g0V5oSrMhqQ.jpg

Deleted member 17388

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, if you think about it, he really only shows up at the end, right? Zack probably has enough to end his arc from the stuff he shot the first time around. I think it makes more sense for Bruce, Diana, and Victor to need more scenes to close/open the episodes since they're the ones doing the leg work.
What if the series ends in a cliffhanger that will never be resolved? 🤔

(Or the sequel to the first season is in an actual TV budget, will the film actors even reprise the roles? Beyond Cavill, I mean)

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
And there you are, caring so much. gtfoh

I'm caring because a ton of people like Moviebob and others were constantly attacked and harassed by Snyder fans who INSISTED there was a full Snyder cut of the movie ready to go. And now, not only are they doing reshoots, but apparently, the budget has now rocketed to 70 million. 70 million for a director's cut/reshoot of a movie that flopped in the first place.

Oh, and it's GTFO. In caps. I have no idea what the H is for.

https://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/1309181562630500353

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm actually excited to see this, not because I think it'll be good but because it has to at least be better and more interesting than the original even if it's still terrible.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
There's a reason why I specifically said "toxic side" in my post lol
I get that dude, but this forum has a bad habit of lumping all Snyder fans into one big batch. That is on top of treating the man like he supports the KKK. Folks on this forum attacking him, calling him a fucking idiot, are no better than the fools from the article you quoted.

He's one of my favorite modern directors, and I had no part in the "movement" aside from messing around in our own DC Community Forum.