• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to see this film as a film buff.

such a interesting development with it having a botch released and now a directors original version.
It's not his original version though, it's now a 4 hour mini series and it's not even "the snyder cut" aka the film that was supposedly finished sitting on a shelf somewhere waiting to be released. This is a snyder cut made years after the fact for a streaming service and will be very different from the movie he would have delivered back then had he finished it.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Sounds like typical reshoots but crunched into one week to maximize money being spent. I don't know why, but I am actually super excited for this movie

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
It's not his original version though, it's now a 4 hour mini series and it's not even "the snyder cut" aka the film that was supposedly finished sitting on a shelf somewhere waiting to be released. This is a snyder cut made years after the fact for a streaming service and will be very different from the movie he would have delivered back then had he finished it.
I'll take it.
I'll take it. Still interesting situation regardless.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy for Snyder. I'll watch this movie, bad or not. This movie is too much of a curiosity to not watch.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
What if he ends it on a cliffhanger

The original ending was supposed to be a cliffhanger. Considering how they're even shooting new stuff though, maybe they will get around that somehow. Hopefully not by throwing a last minute appearance of Darkseid in a cg heavy final battle just to be killed off though.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Wait, wtf? Why is Warner going to such efforts to appease Snyder?

And isn't he filming a movie for Netflix?

This is solid covid content. 95% of the most expensive work is done. Most of the work can be done remotely for digital effects and editing. Now they have a massive film to put out on HBO.

It's essentially why you see so many games get remasters. They sell. This will sell. They can rerelease blu ray.

Brickhunt

Feb 4, 2018
Brazil
The original ending was supposed to be a cliffhanger. Considering how they're even shooting new stuff though, maybe they will get around that somehow. Hopefully not by throwing a last minute appearance of Darkseid in a cg heavy final battle just to be killed off though.
I also believe it's not going to end up in a cliffhanger, but Darkseid will be enough of a sequel hook for a sequel that could work for both versions.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Ben Affleck looks a lot healthier than he did with the Whedon reshoots too.

I enjoyed Man of Steel and BvS. but I found Justice League to be absolute dogshit, and I doubt a retooling of it will change my mind that much. but i'll check it out, curious how splitting it into 4 episode-length instalments will feel. cool that it will include their iteration of Iris too. wonder if they keep that casting for teh flash movie or not.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't mean to troll, but it'd be funny if it's still not very good, after all this.

It's a Snyder movie, so of course it's gonna suck. He made one good movie (Dawn of the Dead) and the rest have, honestly, been kinda trash. He has always been a style over substance guy that totally misunderstands the source material of stuff he adapts. He got Watchmen totally wrong, he got Superman totally wrong, he got Batman totally wrong...

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I mean there were reshoots/additional photography planned regardless of the Joss rework. It was bizarre that they were claiming nothing new was going to be shot - that's just not how movies like this are made.

Not to mention restructuring this absurdly long cut to naturally fit into a 4 hour miniseries.

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird to me that HBO Max launched with this as some kind of major draw, and it won't exist for close to a year after launch.

Thugnificent

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
So is this going to be an alternate universe to the original movie considering WB/DC is trying to do a multiverse thing?

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't this movie supposed to be the first of three? What is the point of going to all this effort when there's no chance in hell if them following it up with the sequels? Why just invest the money in an original movie or series for the service?

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to see this film as a film buff.

such a interesting development with it having a botch released and now a directors original version. Not really a fan of zack's film but I'm gonna enjoy watching both this one and the theatrical release as a comparison. There's so many discussion and analysis to have. I can be such a film nerd sometimes lol
This for me too. Curious to see his take on it and what he intended. The discussion and stories around it are just bonus. IT's easily the most interesting story of a movie being made in a long time

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Well we've already seen Darkseid and the Lanterns are HEAVILY rumored to appear (not as main characters, just cameo).

Like finished end of the world threat Darkside right? The one in the trailer wasn't him in his final form right? The lanterns would make sense, I mean you need all hands on deck to deal with that kind of a threat it's just… This is so wild like where do you even go from here you're introducing all this crazy stuff people have really wanted for years but it's gonna be a one off?

OP
OP
Wingfan19

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Like finished end of the world threat Darkside right? The one in the trailer wasn't him in his final form right? The lanterns would make sense, I mean you need all hands on deck to deal with that kind of a threat it's just… This is so wild like where do you even go from here you're introducing all this crazy stuff people have really wanted for years but it's gonna be a one off?
Oh, that I don't know about. I'm guessing it's just the Uxas version in the beginning with just another final tease at the end. Steppenwolf is still the main baddy.

Grifter

Oct 26, 2017
Unfortunately, Cavill is contractually bound to maintain mutton chops and a soul patch for The Witcher and they'll have to CG around it.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This has been such a weird saga. A director being forced to abandon his own movie in the middle of it due to tragedy, another director finishing the job with a weird mishmash of both directors' style and vision, only for the original director to later be given the time and budget to more or less finish the film his way.

If anything this will provide a fascinating real world case of the same core narrative and footage presented with two entirely different styles.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This whole "Snyder cut" thing has got to be one of the more ridiculous things to happen in cinematic history lol

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New additions

Lasso of truth.

You don't kill people ? No

You save people? Yes

Flash, look he is saving people and he hasn't killed anyone yet, that I know of, ha.

End scenes.