• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA

In October, director Zack Snyder will roll cameras for his extended cut of Justice League, working for WarnerMedia's HBO Max division on restoring his version of the maligned 2017 movie that he exited because of a family tragedy. The shoot, which will turn the "Snyder Cut" into a four-episode limited series, is expected to bring back Ben Affleck as Batman, Henry Cavill as Superman and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman for new scenes. Also set to appear on the call sheet for what is expected to be a week- or so- long shoot is Ray Fisher as Cyborg.

No Aquaman or Flash which means he must've gotten what he needed the first time or they have prior commitments.

EDIT - Seems like it's only a weeks worth of additional shooting. My guess is to film bookend segments to get the episodes to flow better.

EDIT 2 - 9/24/20

Cavill is not shooting additional scenes

collider.com

Henry Cavill Says He Is NOT Doing Snyder Cut Reshoots

It seems the reports of Zack Snyder shooting new footage for The Snyder Cut with Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, and Gal Gadot might have been premature.

"Not shooting anything additional. No. It's all stuff that has been already done. Obviously I don't know how things are going to evolve and change and adapt depending on now a different length of movie and whatever may happen in post-production. Whatever lessons may be learned from what is it four years since Justice League came out? Four years' worth of fan reaction. For me…I'm now just watching the party."

Last edited:

Decado

Dec 7, 2017
Wait, wtf? Why is Warner going to such efforts to appease Snyder?

And isn't he filming a movie for Netflix?

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Seem like a complete re-configuration of the movie. I seems it will be like a whole new movie. I hope it correct a lot of the course set by the previous one. Personally i'm excited.

And not even 10 posts within the thread and the vitriol is already IN.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Good to see Cavill doing some new Superman stuff again. Hope those rumors the other day end up being true.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
F9-FCEBD2-D77-B-4-FE3-BA87-7-A36-DACBBAE7.jpg

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly about it. Its so weird, despite really not liking MoS and BvS I'm still incredibly excited for this project. What's wrong with me?

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. That's way more of a commitment than I would ever have guessed to retconning the thing. Or un-retconning it? Whatever.

I'll watch it. I'm actually intrigued. This will be fascinating, I think.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
WB really giving Snyder all he needs huh.

I hope the ending to this thing is definitive.

Jan 31, 2018
I'm excited for this. I know there's a ton of hate on DC's films, some deserved, some just because they're not marvel, but I like that they tried different things.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's hilarious how much money WB is sinking into this for the dozens of people that actually going to watch the end product.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
That's awesome, actually. Interesting news.

Wait, wtf? Why is Warner going to such efforts to appease Snyder?

And isn't he filming a movie for Netflix?

Not Snyder. His cult. WB was not involved in Snakes on a Plane, so they don't know that on the internet hype and fandom appears way bigger than it actually is.

EDIT: LOL it was New Line Cinema. They know and don't care haha

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited to see this film as a film buff.

such a interesting development with it having a botch released and now a directors original version. Not really a fan of zack's film but I'm gonna enjoy watching both this one and the theatrical release as a comparison. There's so many discussion and analysis to have. I can be such a film nerd sometimes lol

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a particular reason this awful movie just won't die?

Never seen so much effort put into the cut of a movie that chopped the legs off an entire universe od characters.

Let's just move on to the good DC stuff.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's been years since the original's filming... I hope the difference between old and new scenes isn't too noticeable.