• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Lol why are so many people rooting for this films failure?

There's quite a bit of reviews and the movie seems to be at a 75% average. I don't think it's going to drop too much and I'm not sure why some people are so invested in seeing that happen.

Well you gotta hope you ain't even insulting and insinuating all sorts aboht fellow Era members for nothing.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
I need to hear from someone that hated BvS that they liked this.
So far, every person on YouTube and Twitter glowing about this movie is a BvS defender and that movie is fucking awful on so many levels.

I'm still going to watch this, I want it to be good, I love these characters. But I'm not excited yet.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
People need to accept that Wonder Woman kills people. Period. Like Christopher Reeves isn't the end all or only version of Superman the Linda Carter version isn't the only version of Wonder Woman. Foolishly expecting that is a problem. From what I read about that scene the guy deserved it.
i think it's more of how the situation plays out in the movie? I'll reserve judgement until i actually see it, but if it turns out that way. It's more of an execution issue than of her killing.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I need to hear from someone that hated BvS that they liked this.
So far, every person on YouTube and Twitter glowing about this movie is a BvS defender and that movie is fucking awful on so many levels.

I'm still going to watch this, I want it to be good, I love these characters. But I'm not excited yet.
It's still going to be Snyder's take on the characters. If you hated BvS you're probably not going to like this.

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, Patty Jenkins brutally killed Wonder Woman in front of every audience member with that sequel.

tenor.gif

Oct 27, 2017
The "4 hours is too long crowd" is quite humorous when we live in a society that binge watches 10 hours of a season in one day. Isn't that right, Netflix?

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
i think it's more of how the situation plays out in the movie? I'll reserve judgement until i actually see it, but if it turns out that way. It's more of an execution issue than of her killing.

Yeah I didn't really like the scene. Tonally it's just super awkward and weird that she makes the terrorists splat against the wall while saving a bunch of schoolkids lmao.

Kazoku_

Oct 27, 2017
People need to accept that Wonder Woman kills people. Period. Like Christopher Reeves isn't the end all or only version of Superman the Linda Carter version isn't the only version of Wonder Woman. Foolishly expecting that is a problem. From what I read about that scene the guy deserved it.
"People can't have ideas of their own based on 80 years of comic book history and just accept whatever is on the screen at the time as gospel. Stop hurting Zack's feelings and RT score."

This isn't an attack against you personally but this idea is a common thread regarding dissent of Snyder's treatment of these characters. There's a reason Superman & Lois is so well-received among the broader DC fanbase as opposed to how Snyder's movies are received.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
Because they're interested in the critical consensus of this movie?

Just because they didn't like one of Snyder's other films doesn't mean they have some alterior motive for being in this thread.

Interested in just critical reception of the movie when you know you don't like such movie? Like he is not a new director and most of his movies have same style either you like it or hate it.

#ReleaseTheCutSnyderCut

I don't understand what you are implying here.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017

There's quite a bit of reviews and the movie seems to be at a 75% average. I don't think it's going to drop too much and I'm not sure why some people are so invested in seeing that happen.
Y'all on a discord or something making up a narrative that doesn't actually exist.

Scores change on these things all the time.

G.O.O.

Oct 26, 2017
eh, I'll give it a watch. In two sittings though, 4 hours is a bit too long for my attention span.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
That would be fair in the end. It just sounds like sometimes people have an issue with the idea of her killing or even using a sword when it's a big part of the character's history.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Huh well I'll def be surprised if it ends over 70%. And I really wish it was 2.5ish hours. I want to give it a watch, but I don't want to sit through 4 hours that's for sure.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Looks like there's a wide enough spectrum of reviews for people who wanted to love or hate it to latch onto to prove they were right.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No Shit. But since the mid 2000s ever since the Maxwell Lord thing DC's only pitch for the character has been "YO SHE'S THE JUSTICE LEAGUER WHO FUCKING MURDER DUDES", it's an extremely far cry from Marston's work in a way that Superman and Batman have not been changed.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they didn't put 0. The hate this movie receives from people who haven't even seen it is incredible. People want this to fail so bad.
It was 71 when they made the thread

If I had made the thread when I first looked at the page, it would have been 75

Some of ya'll got some real complexes about all this

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a better movie

I'm surprised they didn't put 0. The hate this movie receives from people who haven't even seen it is incredible. People want this to fail so bad.

Or op can't edit titles after 5 minutes and that's where it was when the thread was made

But nah it's definitely a giant conspiracy

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
For sure, and when run through the system of producers and executives and creatives it probably would have been refined etc

But the thing that wouldn't be replaced if the 'snyderverse' was revived is.. the guy that came up with them in the first place. Snyder is great at visuals and action but he's also a bit of a Randian edgelord and that just doesn't feel like the best fit for DC characters.

I say this as someone who will probably watch Army of the Dead week 1 when it comes out. I appreciate that he isn't a predator like Whedon though, so I am glad that his JL will probably have the longer lasting legacy between just those two. My thing is that there are people that are neither predator or ayn rand acolyte and I wish they were spearheading the DCEU instead
I hate it when people say this. They can never back it up and instead just throw it out there like it's true.

And he's not spearheading anything anymore. If anything, he'll get a comic series to finish this up.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Interested in just critical reception of the movie when you know you don't like such movie? Like he is not a new director and most of his movies have same style either you like it or hate it.
So people are not allowed to discuss a movie's critical reception if they didn't like one of the other director's movies?

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
It was 71 when they made the thread

If I had made the thread when I first looked at the page, it would have been 75

Some of ya'll got some real complexes about all this

If i remember correctly, the thread was just changed and the score has been sitting on 74 for quite some time.

No complexes at all, not need to get defensive, just calling for accuracy.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just as a reminder on these Early Reviews...

How it started

anzz62K.png

And how's it going.

cv0Va6g.png

WW84 is the only film I know that got a Certified Fresh and fell all the way to Rotten. And considering this is also a DC production. It's worth mentioning.

(Same thing happened with Joker as well, although they only fell out of the Certified Fresh range, not into the rotten scores. Don't worry if it feels like I'm picking out on DC here, the exact same thing happened with Mulan 2020 as well from Disney).
True, it's rare so that'll be unexpected if it happens again. I personally hated ww84(loved the first film though). Surprised audience score was so high. BoP def needs more love

Brainiac 8

Oct 27, 2017

I can only speak for myself as a die hard DC fan. I want good DC movies. We have started getting some with Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Shazam. Snyder does not get many of these characters on a fundamental level. Man of Steel I enjoyed, but it got so much wrong about Clark/Superman that I have to ignore that stuff so I can enjoy the movie. Batman v Superman was pure garbage that got Batman and Superman wrong on fundamental levels. Not even mentoning how bad Lex was.

Snyder is good with action. Batman v Superman had some absolutely great action. The Batman warehouse scene was practically ripped straight out of the Arkham games it was so good. The fight between Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman and the mutant ninja turtle they called Doomsday was awesome. But most of the movie was boring or just awful.

I never watched the theatrical JL movie as I knew it would be a mess hack job, but I have not desire to see this one either. I don't agree with making an R rated JL movie just so we can add gore and make Batman throw out F-bombs. The movie doesn't need to be four hours to make his vision come true. The characters are still following a story that gets many of these characters wrong. I just want the franchise handed to someone that has at least some respect and love for the source material. Snyder doesn't. Also Steppenwolf is still a really boring villain to base the movie around.

If I ever get HBO Max, I'll watch it, and I will have no problem changing my tune if I end up liking it. But in the end, I just want Snyder to move on to something else and get out of the DC toybox. Just my thoughts.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
If i remember correctly, the thread was just changed and the score has been sitting on 74 for quite some time.

You in fact do not recall correctly

And no complex you just insinuated the op wants the movie to fail based on your surprise the number wasn't faked to be lower

Right

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

So then do what I suggested and report the first post of the thread whenever the score changes so that the mods can update it.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just as a reminder on these Early Reviews...

How it started

anzz62K.png

And how's it going.

cv0Va6g.png

WW84 is the only film I know that got a Certified Fresh and fell all the way to Rotten. And considering this is also a DC production. It's worth mentioning.

(Same thing happened with Joker as well, although they only fell out of the Certified Fresh range, not into the rotten scores. Don't worry if it feels like I'm picking out on DC here, the exact same thing happened with Mulan 2020 as well from Disney).
Still can't believe how terrible this movie ended up being. Shares a spot alongside Justice League as the worst superhero movies I've ever seen.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Rofl, the Snyder haters are going to pull at straws as much as possible.
What does this even mean?
If they're looking for reviews that prove their (in your mind pre-determined) hate they won't need straws, they'll just latch onto a review they like.
And if they happen to not like the movie does that make them a Snyder-hater?