• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wally_Wall

Oct 26, 2017
For real tho, I'd love for them to #RestoreTheSnyderVerse lol. Some amazing potential here and no point in "starting over" imo, especially when they're already going all in on the whole multiverse idea so they can still have their one-offs like Joker, The Batman, Watchmen, etc. Not everything needs to be connected to the Snyderverse like the MCU is.
We can dream... Any word on how well this is doing on HBOMAX?

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
For real tho, I'd love for them to #RestoreTheSnyderVerse lol. Some amazing potential here and no point in "starting over" imo, especially when they're already going all in on the whole multiverse idea so they can still have their one-offs like Joker, The Batman, Watchmen, etc. Not everything needs to be connected to the Snyderverse like the MCU is.

Preach it.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
They literally mention the Multiverse in this movie even

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Flash turning back time was definitely one of the best scenes in the entire movie. Steppenwolf also went from the worst villain in a comic book film to actually being decent and having a bit of gravitas.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA

It's interesting to see these side-by-side and view exactly what got cut and changed.

I much prefer the action in Snyder's version here, but I do like that Whedon removed two of the unnecessary slow-mo bits. I kind of prefer the briefcase part in his version because it's quick and to the point. We already know it's about to explode any second, we don't need to see the briefcase slowly flying 200 feet up in the air (away from any buildings) for like ten seconds.

And the part at 1:47 when the terrorist blinks several times in disbelief, lowers his rifle, switches from semi-auto to fully-auto, looks through the scope and begins firing again. That took like several seconds during which Wonder Woman could've just used her super speed to knock his ass out. It's admittedly a cool visual, but doesn't make much sense that Diana is just watching him do all that while he's preparing to gun down a bunch of civilians.

Wally_Wall

Oct 26, 2017
Snyder needs to be the action scene consultant on every single SH film going fwd lol.... No one can touch him. He's so far ahead it's laughable. He conveys the true power of these god like beings with such gravity and awe inspiring strength. That kick Wondy gave to dude in the bomb scene where she catapulted him into the wall was amazing. You felt her power. Snyder was great in MoS and BvS too.

Last edited:

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Snyder needs to be the action scene consultant on every single SH film going fwd lol.... No can touch him. He's so far ahead it's laughable. He conveys the true power of these god like beings with such gravity and awe inspiring strength. That kick Wondy gave to dude in the bomb scenc where she catapulted him into the wall was amazing. You felt her power. Snyder was great in MoS and BvS too

Yea I was gonna say this earlier, people can fault Snyder on many thing but he knows how to nail those actions scenes. Thats one of the elements thats stands out between the two versions.

INST

Nov 2, 2017
Kind of ironic the original cut was seen as the final nail in the coffin of the DCEU...and this seems to be almost the reverse. Ha.

Snyder is done with WB tho, and WB mostly with him. They should just focus on standalones.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm torn because I legitimately like these characters and I'd love to see more of them but Snyder has no idea what he's doing with them and I think I'd prefer someone else directed any sequels.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Based Snyder. He's 3/3 now.
thor-ragnarok-is-he-though-squint-banner-1200x898.jpg

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
It's criminal how much character work was stripped from the original cut of the movie.

I actually really like Victor Stone and am invested in the relationship with he has with his father now. They were complete afterthoughts in the original movie.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Flash turning back time was definitely one of the best scenes in the entire movie. Steppenwolf also went from the worst villain in a comic book film to actually being decent and having a bit of gravitas.
The fact he got shat on by his comrades when he died was incredibly funny. Almost fell sorry for the asshole.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I must be the only one mostly content with this that absolutely DOES NOT WANT a sequel.

I don't want amber turd and Letoker as main characters, I don't want evil superman, just fucking no.

Just keep this as "loose" lore and bring back Ray and Henry and give them their own fucking films. Please.

Maybe let Snyder make a Deathstroke HBO MAX Series with Joe, that'd potentially be the best fucking thing.

=(

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished the movie. It was actually way better than I thought it would be. Remove the Joker scene off, but the rest made me more interested in the snyderverse.

I hope they have another film. The Flash sequences rocked. An upper tier marvel movie imo

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
I'll give him this, dude can direct the shit outta some super powered fight scenes. But damn does he indulge in the slow mo/singing too much. I half expected some dancing smoke women to show up at one point randomly.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
I'll give him this, dude can direct the shit outta some super powered fight scenes. But damn does he indulge in the slow mo/singing too much. I half expected some dancing smoke women to show up at one point randomly.
I feel so bad for Chris Terrio, being saddled with Whedon's co-credit on the official release.

I know Snyder is a great visualizer but I wonder how much of the action was in the screenplay.

But then again he did Rise of Skywalker, so lol

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
I disliked the original Justice League and thought this was mildly better. The movie still bit off way more than it could do plot wise and the only thing that helped the synder cut is that it's a four hour long film and was able to fit in more development for the character. As others have said, Cyborg in particular getting more time is to the film's benefit.

It still shouldn't be four hours though and there's plenty in it that could've been cut. The whole post apocolyptic shit is so incredibly bad and devoid of anything redeemable I don't understand why this cut felt the need to shoehorn more in. I can't fathom why anyone would want to see that film. Just bail on that plot/framing of the future.

Despite being better, I still can't say it's a good movie. It's still pretty devoid of charm, the versions of the characters the film portrays are far too brooding and melodramatic, and there's no natural progression in this film franchise because they rushed the extended Universe format way too quickly. But it's still an improvement. Even though it's maybe less jokey that the other cut (which I can't say it is) at least it does away with some of the more tonally disjointed parts and instead focuses on a consistent tone (a melodramatic charmless tone, but consistent). I don't see myself ever wanting to rewatch either cut, but I suppose if I was forced I'd watch this one again.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
A movie is for the fans, for everyone. If the fans like it, then it fulfilled its job. A movie shouldn't be made for critics, most of the times they are watching a movie as a job, not as something to just sit back and be enjoyed.

Critics don't like it? Couldn't care less.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
A movie is for the fans, for everyone. If the fans like it, then it fulfilled its job. A movie shouldn't be made for critics, most of the times they are watching a movie as a job, not as something to just sit back and be enjoyed.

😂

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished and loved it. It's head and shoulders above the other cut. My only complaint is that it's a huge fucking lift to even attempt to introduce this many characters in one movie, but it works well enough.

Snyder is an amazing visual director especially for comic movies. Just stunning stuff at times, and his action is unparalleled. The flash stuff throughout this were fucking badass. I'll never get enough of the slo-mo cuts. I don't give a shit about naysayers, that style just works for comic flare.

Sleepyhead86

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if it's been discussed yet:

Did they ever explain why Darkseid had forgotten that the anti-life equation was on earth? Or did they lose the location of earth?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I remember when I was fully into this rhetoric before BvS was in theaters and it was getting hammered with negative reviews... Boy did I learn my lesson lol

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it and it was solid enough. An improvement on the Whedon version at the very least. This definitely didn't need to be 4 hours and you could absolutely trim it down, but I do think Snyder made good use of the longer run time for the most part. I watched it in 2 sittings and it was enough to keep me engaged with it throughout, it didn't really drag too often.

As others have mentioned, the CG is pretty rough at times and there is way too much unnecessary slow mo. No more digitally removed mustache is already a huge improvement, I still think Steppenwolf is kind of a whatever villain though. Cyborg got a lot of much needed love here which I do think was a vast improvement.

Cool to see Martian Manhunter in this, although him being Martha for that one scene with Lois was weird and undermined the emotion of the scene. I would have had him just show up in the epilogue.

The Knightmare scene of the epilogue was peak edgy Snyder bullshit, it's the one thing I would have cut without hesitation.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Yo wtf was that song choice for the scene where Barry saves Iris lol