• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Road to Infinite Crisis. Are you aware that this moment is remembered as a break of character and even plot point that humanity loses his faith on Diana?

I'm sick of people using this as an example of "Diana being badass" when the intent was the complete opposite, it was meant to show her as detached from humanity.
it's just one image in a thread full of wonder woman killing dudes

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just posting my fav scene

giphy.gif
My favorite too. Superb visuals and music giving pay off to the climax of the movie. Shocking they removed this in the theater cut.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Quite enjoyed it, despite the excessive length (cut all of the sequel bait, for starters) and some really weird choices.

Wonder Woman stopping terrorists from detonating a bomb in that museum, then proceeding to needlessly blow it up herself and rain broken glass and debris on to the first responders was hilarious.
For a second I thought she just legit killed all the hostages, lol.

I'm about an hour and a half in and it's definitely the Snyder cut. It's seems more coherent than MOS and BvS though.

I don't personally like it very much and I find it to be largely self-important and pretentious, if beautifully shot. I don't think this will necessarily convert people who aren't into Snyder's style, but for his fans I think this will be exactly what they're looking for..

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
it's just one image in a thread full of wonder woman killing dudes
As someone who didn't like the way that scene ended because there were clearly much better options available to her, Diana killing Max Lord being a character break is not a popular opinion. She's not a murderer. She's one of the most caring members of the League. But she also knows when you're playing for all the marbles, the wellbeing of the persons deliberately putting everyone else in danger is a bottom tier priority maybe just above or below your own depending on how squishy they arr.

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Road to Infinite Crisis. Are you aware that this moment is remembered as a break of character and even plot point that humanity loses his faith on Diana?

I'm sick of people using this as an example of "Diana being badass" when the intent was the complete opposite, it was meant to show her as detached from humanity.
Wonder Woman hates necks, it is known.
TQDcxwK.jpg

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Watching the movie now, and I'm lost on something...

This movie takes place before the events of Aquaman...but Arthur knows where the Trident of Neptune is and visits the site regularly? But, that was the whole point of the Aquaman film? And where's the kaiju? Huh?

Did Snyder just boot the Aquaman film from canon?
I think the place where Arthur goes in JL isn't the same one we see in Aquaman. I think it's just a statue/monument dedicated to the past king. Cause in the Aquaman movie, you actually see the real trident and armor there, where as this one is just all stone.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales

Gonna get a yelling at for this but I much prefer the 2017 one of these, the newer one is just too long and stuffed with a borderline comical amount of slow mo, holy shit. Plus it's just more vibrant colour wise.

Saw someone mocking the crab walk block thing as a Whedon addition a few weeks back, pretty funny that it wasn't..thought that bit looked pretty neat mind!

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Uff, I remember that in 2017 I though this was just a bolted on scene to the movie because Wonder Woman was really popular from BvS and her own movie. It was so bad with the one liner and how it was cut. Snyders version is a lot better.
So Whedon changed it from

Guy: "I don't believe it"
Diana: "Believe it"

to

Guy: "I don't believe it, what are you?"
Diana: "A Believer"

lol

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Alright finished. A much better film. Some pacing issues and too much slow mo but genuinely enjoyable and both fun and serious enough at the same time.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017

The moment of her throwing up the briefcase was so bad in 2017 I was dreading it, but here it was done so different and I fucking loved the shot of her in the air over the city.

The epilogue Knightmare scene was filmed last year, right? So they brought Amber Heard back after Aquaman for her to use the British accent again when it was already retconned?
It would make sense to keep it. Would be weirder for her to change accent in the same movie even though its different in the AQ movie.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Which brings to one of my favorite moments of Infinite Crisis
8a568291fda4ae9e7a28454907b1922d.jpg

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Other way around. Since this scene didn't actually show to audiences, the way Aquaman was structured didn't have to take it into account.
I think the place where Arthur goes in JL isn't the same one we see in Aquaman. I think it's just a statue/monument dedicated to the past king. Cause in the Aquaman movie, you actually see the real trident and armor there, where as this one is just all stone.

Both of these explanations make sense, thanks. I'm willing to rock with it either way.

I'm a little over an hour into the movie and I have to say I'm enjoying it. Some of the "new" scenes are really exposition heavy and I can see why they were cut. But the upside of them now being in the new film is...we're getting a lot of exposition and I'm suddenly more emotionally invested in these characters and what's happening in the story. Funny how that works.

Some of the scenes are a bit over stylized, and Snyder could have turned down The Snyder Filter to about 85%, but I'll give the movie so far the same compliment I give every DCU movie: it's gorgeously shot and beautiful to watch.

Also have to say that when Snyder is at his best, he's really good at the surprise emotional gut punch. I paused the movie after the football scene, when Victor scores the touchdown and looks up in the bleachers at his mother cheering for him...and then the camera pans down to the empty chair next to her. Whew, that was good.

Last edited:

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
There are scenes that 100% would understandably get cut in a theatrical version but are still great to see, like Batman and Alfred about to board their plane, Diana making tea and Alfred trying to butt in, or maybe even Bruce and Alfred talking together in the hanger while they are working on the Batmobile. So yeah, glad we get to see more of Jeremy Irons who is so great at that role in BvS and this movie.

Apr 21, 2018
Very much enjoyed that. I love how insane the action gets and that I can follow along, and that the characters have consistency in their abilities (unlike the MCU).

Loved seeing it in 4:3, how refreshing.

Oh, that epilogue made no sense to me.

xmonkeyofevil

Jun 9, 2019
Still quite positive on it 12+ hours later. It would be a lot to rewatch. But I really enjoyed it. Skipping around to different scenes/parts seems likely.
This was me. Loved the first viewing in a single sitting, but I've been rewatching in chunks. The title cards really do give nice stopping points instead of just having to decide on one.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question. This is not a complaint or a nitpick, this is me suspecting I missed something in the mythology as presented in the film, or perhaps some of the statements made were false/exaggerations.

Allegedly, earth was the only planet to successfully defend against Darkseid's invasion, right? Pretty sure Wonder Woman said that in her exposition dump. So when they get a call from some Mother Boxes stranded on a planet outside their control, how did they not immediately conclude that this was the lost location of the Anti-Life Equation?

Like, I've gotta conclude that the whole "nobody else defeated the forces of Apokolips" bit is false, right? Maybe it was accurate at the time, and Earth was the first, but since then others have pulled it off as well? Or perhaps it was always propaganda: Darkseid rolls up, "resistance is futile, nobody has ever defeated us!" but turns out he's got like a 50/50 win-loss and is just fronting, but the Amazons believed it and wrote it down on their murals "we're the best, nobody else ever wins, yay Earth!"

Wally_Wall

Oct 26, 2017
This was me. Loved the first viewing in a single sitting, but I've been rewatching in chunks. The title cards really do give nice stopping points instead of just having to decide on one.
This will be me tonight. I'm going again for a bunch of reasons. Maybe not all in one sitting but if that ended up happening I wouldn't be shocked at all lol

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The epilogue Knightmare scene was filmed last year, right? So they brought Amber Heard back after Aquaman for her to use the British accent again when it was already retconned?

Haha yeah, but in this case it'd make sense to keep the voice consistent within just this one film.

There are scenes that 100% would understandably get cut in a theatrical version but are still great to see, like Batman and Alfred about to board their plane, Diana making tea and Alfred trying to butt in, or maybe even Bruce and Alfred talking together in the hanger while they are working on the Batmobile. So yeah, glad we get to see more of Jeremy Irons who is so great at that role in BvS and this movie.
Yeah honestly watching this and BvS just make me wish Snyder had simply done his own Batman movie instead. It's a shame we won't be getting more Jeremy Irons Alfred or that much more Affleck Batman (I know he's in Flash but it's prob a cameo).

xmonkeyofevil

Jun 9, 2019
So when they get a call from some Mother Boxes stranded on a planet outside their control, how did they not immediately conclude that this was the lost location of the Anti-Life Equation?
Been a few theories floating around about that, but nothing conclusive. I really felt like they should have omitted the line about Darkseid finding a power hidden on Earth during the first invasion, and have Steppenwolf be the one to find Anti-Life.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question. This is not a complaint or a nitpick, this is me suspecting I missed something in the mythology as presented in the film, or perhaps some of the statements made were false/exaggerations.

Allegedly, earth was the only planet to successfully defend against Darkseid's invasion, right? Pretty sure Wonder Woman said that in her exposition dump. So when they get a call from some Mother Boxes stranded on a planet outside their control, how did they not immediately conclude that this was the lost location of the Anti-Life Equation?

Like, I've gotta conclude that the whole "nobody else defeated the forces of Apokolips" bit is false, right? Maybe it was accurate at the time, and Earth was the first, but since then others have pulled it off as well? Or perhaps it was always propaganda: Darkseid rolls up, "resistance is futile, nobody has ever defeated us!" but turns out he's got like a 50/50 win-loss and is just fronting, but the Amazons believed it and wrote it down on their murals "we're the best, nobody else ever wins, yay Earth!"
I also didn't get this but think it's just a plot hole. Because otherwise the reason Darkseid has gone thousands of years without using the Anti-Life Equation is because he just forgot where Earth was.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
I'm so glad they cut Supes reusing the "do you bleed" line.

It made no sense that he remembered that line when the entire point of the scene was Superman not knowing who he was or having any memories.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished watching and I really liked it. It's a really good film. One criticism is that it could have easily trimmed to 3 hours and world have received even better reviews.

- Diana scenes make perfect sense. She is trying to make a point that even after superman's death there are protectors there.

- Women sniffing Arthur shirt also is not weired at all. Many of people in poorer countries behave same way when they meet some religious preacher etc

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
It honestly bums me out I didnt get to experience that Superman joins the final battle moment with that music in a theater for the first time.

Jul 18, 2018
Just finished watching and I really liked it. It's a really good film. One criticism is that it could have easily trimmed to 3 hours and world have received even better reviews.
I think you are missing the point...his cut is/was made for the fans. There is no point in leaving things in the cutting room floor, so he just put everything he shot in it. Complete fan service.

Jeffapp

Oct 29, 2017

Yeah I kinda got that feeling too when darkseid couldn't remember which planet he left the mother boxes on and which had the most important thing to him.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
What's the story on the old gods, they are as powerful as the new gods like darkseid, where did they go

nevermind I forgot ares killed all the gods and then died by wonder woman's hand

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017

Well seemingly Darkseid didn't wanna mess with any place that had kryptonians or a large lantern presence either. Idk it seems that just forgot about earth lol

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
For real tho, I'd love for them to #RestoreTheSnyderVerse lol. Some amazing potential here and no point in "starting over" imo, especially when they're already going all in on the whole multiverse idea so they can still have their one-offs like Joker, The Batman, Watchmen, etc. Not everything needs to be connected to the Snyderverse like the MCU is.