• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
And thats horrible, those people are scum. But there is a lot of assuming in here about Snyder and its not exactly a nice thing to do to accuse some one as being just like those scum.

300, Sucker Punch, both depict super problematic themes. Zack Snyder is a fan of Ayn Rand. Talks about how he would depict Batman getting raped in prison as an example of something 'dark' he'd do.

He also seems to glorify Rorschach, a white supremacist scumbag, but that could also be because he's media illiterate.

You don't know me and you don't know him.

I didn't say anything about you. I think thou dost protest too much.

764652144023699467.png

Dec 12, 2017
At best he's a manchild who fails to see obviously problematic elements in other artist's works and tries to platform them.

Screenshot_20201117-140251_Chrome.jpg

No one forced him to make 300 as homophobic, ableist and racist as it was.

Endorsing Biden doesn't mean he's automatically in the clear
You're upset that Snyder depicted Spartans as...Spartans? Sucker Punch was problematic, but I'm not sure what you expected from 300.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Lmao I still can't believe this cut is actually happening. So in for the memes

Looks like a 2003 3D Mark demo

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
You're upset that Snyder depicted Spartans as...Spartans? Sucker Punch was problematic, but I'm not sure what you expected from 300.

- the way the movie depicts Xerxes and Persians in general is super fucking xenophobic
- homophobic digs at Athens despite the fact that Spartans were pretty gay as well
- invented a hunchback character to be the betrayer is uh p ableist

And more

Do you think the movie/comic accurately portrayed what Spartans were like?

And again this is on top of Sucker Punch and his stuff about The Fountainhead

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care how bad the Snyder Cut of JL looks, I'm still dying to see this! Sometimes train wrecks can be enthralling!!!

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
From what I've heard, Snyder just seems like an edgy manchild at best as people seem to love working with him and folks like Ray Fisher say he's a good guy

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
You can see this armor in action in the recent trailer. The spikes extend or retract depending on the situation.

giphy.gif

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
This almost feels like a last minute Fuck you to Whedon. Like he just HAD to make sure his characters didn't look anything like what was in the theatrical cut so he was lik e"Spikes!"

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
This almost feels like a last minute Fuck you to Whedon. Like he just HAD to make sure his characters didn't look anything like what was in the theatrical cut so he was lik e"Spikes!"
No? The original design for Steppenwolf is what you're seeing now. Joss's version changed it to be a generic boring as hell "human" character.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
- the way the movie depicts Xerxes and Persians in general is super fucking xenophobic
- homophobic digs at Athens despite the fact that Spartans were pretty gay as well
- invented a hunchback character to be the betrayer is uh p ableist
You misunderstood the movie's themes. Also, Leonidas wasn't mad at Ephialtes for betraying him.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
WB fuckin up not giving Patty the reigns over DC movies

Get this edge lord Snyder out of here, Patty has already proven her chops with WW

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
ERA has a petty problem with something Zack Snyder does... I'm like so shocked!! He looks fine and much better than the original.

But of course its Snyder on resetera, certain peopel always gotta show their asses when it comes to him. Anything the man does is real, bitch eating crackers scenario.
Lmao

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I guess to be fair we've known about this design for a while

Login • Instagram

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

Doesn't make it not stupid though.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
How can something so edgy be so dull?

Also weird seeing so many people ITT pretend Snyder isn't an objectivist dipshit. He's the whole reason why DC movies have been such a miserable affair going back to Man of Steel. Hopefully some day he gets to make that Fountainhead movie he keeps talking about.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
Looks better than the original, but still not great. Steppenwolf looks like a human-being in the media I've seen. Why is he a complete monster in these movies lol.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
You misunderstood the movie's themes. Also, Leonidas wasn't mad at Ephialtes for betraying him.
what, pray tell, ARE the themes of the film "300"

may i remind you also that one of the lines spoken by one of the heroes of the film is "freedom isn't free" and that a large chunk of the runtime is dedicated to this bizarre, ahistorical senatorial debate about the just prosecution of the spartan war effort against the rampaging persians where it's revealed that the anti-war party is paid off by the swarthy foreigners

in a movie that came out in 2006

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're both bad. I already said that.

It's just that this is worse. Nothing I dislike more in a bad guy design than an overreliance on SPIKES and that nonsense.

Dude looks like Super Shredder.
Not a fan of both either. Yeah. But the first one was awful. Snyder's looks better.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Looks better than the original, but still not great. Steppenwolf looks like a human-being in the media I've seen. Why is he a complete monster in these movies lol.

My guess is it's an attempt at creating a sense of "cohesion" between Darkseid, the rest of the Apokoliptians, and the Parademons. Which given Watchmen is exactly the kind of bone-headed thing he'd do.

I'm trying to imagine this design philosophy extending to Desaad and Granny Goodness and I'm giggling at how stupid it is.