• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
i generally am not daunted by the length of films but i am daunted by the idea of someone watching 4 hours of uninterrupted zack snyder

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
That's almost as long as your average Transformers live action movie and those made a smooth billion dollars each. I smell a winning formula.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
4 hour movie
rated R
released on pandemic year
simultaneously with the web release

yup, that is the ideal way to get the budget back

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
gflTuwL.gif

Should have been first post.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
The theatrical version will get rid of patented Snyder slowdowns and clock in at just under 40 minutes.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
I loved the hell out of BR2049 and that was 3 hours.

Justice League... for four hours? I'm not sure my brain, no less my ass, would handle that well in a single sitting.

Nov 16, 2017
When I watched JL in theaters, I thought to myself "this should be rated R and nearly triple its runtime." I'd say the only way I could watch this is after an edible, but I don't need it to feel even longer.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
What's he going to do, splice together Justice League and BvS and put in some CGI blood?

Or worse, we get Doomsday schlong in 4k.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
"The movie is insane ... There's one scene where Batman drops an F-bomb"

What an absolute child.

You can tell he really understands the franchise and characters.

People who like comic books: "The movie is insane.. there's one shot where all the Avengers are on-screen in action and it's the culmination of ten or whatever years of setup."

Zack Snyder: "The movie is insane. I made Batman say a swear word and there's 30% more grunting and 100% less jokes."

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Theater seats should have built in toilets so you can do your business while watching the movie.

Oct 26, 2017
"The movie is insane ... There's one scene where Batman drops an F-bomb"

What an absolute child.

You can tell he really understands the franchise and characters.

People who like comic books: "The movie is insane.. there's one shot where all the Avengers are on-screen in action and it's the culmination of ten or whatever years of setup."

Zack Snyder: "The movie is insane. I made Batman say a swear word and there's 30% more grunting and 100% less jokes."

Prepare to be blown away

rQZlcWiQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
We about to get the infamous Frank Miller panel from All Star Batman & Robin in live action

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
The only way I would like this would be if it was just a shot-for-shot recreation of the 1966 movie's "sometimes you just can't get rid of a bomb" scene, but instead of carrying around a real bomb he just really has to say "Fuck!" but he keeps running into children and nuns and stuff.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
How many rape scenes will there be? Dude is batting 4 out of 6 according to Maggie Mae Fish, can he make it to 71% of his films?

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I remember when I was a kid reading Justice League comics and thought "I hope one day an emotionally stunted manchild makes a four hour R-rated movie with desaturated color in every shot out of this."

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
ew.com

Exclusive: 'Zack Snyder's Justice League' might get R-rated theatrical release

Zack Snyder says his four-hour cut of 'Justice League' is likely coming to theaters — with an R rating and F-bomb-dropping Batman. Plus, the director weighs in on the Warner Bros. streaming controversy.

Zack Snyder is looking to bring his highly anticipated director's cut of Justice League to the big screen — and his new footage would likely tip the four-hour opus into an R-rating.

"Here's one piece of information nobody knows: The movie is insane and so epic and is probably rated R — that's one thing I think will happen, that it will be an R-rated version, for sure," Snyder tells EW. "We haven't heard from the MPAA, but that's my gut."

Asked for details about what makes the new footage explicit, Snyder reveals, "There's one scene where Batman drops an F-bomb. Cyborg is not too happy with what's going on with his life before he meets the Justice League, and he tends to speak his mind. And Steppenwolf is pretty much just hacking people in half. So [the rating would be due to] violence and profanity, probably both."

Perhaps an even bolder move than a cussing Dark Knight is Snyder pushing for Warner Bros. to release his recut and supersized HBO Max film on the big screen in 2021, at a time when parent company WarnerMedia is trying to boost its nascent streaming service with as much exclusive content as possible. To be clear, a decision on whether to release the film theatrically has not yet been made, and Warner Bros. had no comment for this story. But Snyder has previously stated that adding a big-screen rollout along with the HBO Max release is his preference and now the director suggests steps are being taken in that direction.