• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
At least it will be memorable garbage, instead of forgettable garbage like Whedons cut. Im in for a crazy dark ride.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For those first examples, I dont necessarily believe them either. Its FAR easier to just throw some gentle shade by saying you've never seen the finished product without having to agonizingly compare and contrast an intended version of the film that will never be seen with the one that was released in every single interview for years.

As for the second part, yeah I get that but he chose to go back and finish his cut so its not like he was emotionally unable to interact with the scenes he shot during that period.
Its very easy to not see a movie, most people in this country can go without seeing any one movie

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
dude is like the guy fieri of the film industry, he's an over the top brash dudebro with questionable taste, but he seems like an ok dude that people enjoy working for.

i have no doubt JL was a bad movie at its core that was made even worse with whedons bullshit in front and behind the camera, but i hope the completed film gives him and his family some sort of solace

KBadOne

Oct 28, 2017
This quote from Vanity Fair interview justifies the 4 hour long cut IMO

"How am I supposed to introduce six characters and an alien with potential for world domination in two hours?" Snyder said. "I mean, I can do it, it can be done. Clearly it was done. But I didn't see it."

and this about Nolan after watching the movie

Deborah Snyder watched Whedon's "Justice League" cut with Christopher Nolan, Warner Bros.' "Dark Knight" trilogy director and one of the executive producers of Snyder's DC films. After the screening, Nolan and Deborah went to Zack with a clear message.

"They came and they just said, 'You can never see that movie,'" Zack Snyder said."

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017

"How am I supposed to introduce six characters and an alien with potential for world domination in two hours?" Snyder said. "I mean, I can do it, it can be done. Clearly it was done. But I didn't see it."

Deborah Snyder watched Whedon's "Justice League" cut with Christopher Nolan, Warner Bros.' "Dark Knight" trilogy director and one of the executive producers of Snyder's DC films. After the screening, Nolan and Deborah went to Zack with a clear message.

"They came and they just said, 'You can never see that movie,'" Zack Snyder said."
Really would love to know Nolan's thoughts on the TC of JL.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, this part really got to me. Really, everything to do with his daughter. Absolutely puts the use of Cohen's version in the teaser into new light.

Fantastic article overall; I'm really looking forward to this film.
Yeah I think the song was really good in that first trailer. Even some of the lyrics kinda fit the situation haha

I fully expect this film to get bad reviews but I'm really hyped for it. At the very least it'll look and sound amazing, and as a fan of BvS and MoS, I'm glad to finally be getting a proper conclusion lol

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

I mean make a better lead in film that doesn't kill off Superman?

It's also not 6 it's 3.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine reading this and go into a thread screaming "FUCK SYNDER HIS MOVIE IS GOING TO SUCK HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Nobody read it, because that wasn't the framing of the thread. I'm not gonna claim the tone around Snyder threads are always (ever?) great. But, his personal tragedies don't mean people aren't entitled to think his movies suck. He put out two movies that a lot of people didn't like, that is going to follow him into the third. Do I think the hate is overblown? Sure. But, I understand that most people break their criticism down into "I like thing!" or "thing sucks!" That's just the way it is.

edit: fuck era mobile lately! I have twice today posted shit before I was done because the site moved around.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
At the end of the day, Whedon was responsible for 2/3 of the JL film we got. That will be thrown away, and essentially Directors Cut will be a whole new film.

Could be good, could be bad, but I'm very much eager to see it.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Subscribe to his Patreon. After giving us that Joker picture/society line he needs to be richer

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
What a truly bizarre saga this is. Just every part of this movie. I have minimal interest in the DC movie universe, but I'm actually intrigued now.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
dude is like the guy fieri of the film industry, he's an over the top brash dudebro with questionable taste, but he seems like an ok dude that people enjoy working for.
From the VF article:
Scott Stuber, head of original films at Netflix, says it's a chance to build a world with a filmmaker who's hungry to return: "Zack went through something very difficult, and I think he probably realized, like we all do, it's okay to be vulnerable. For those of us lucky enough to know him and Deborah, he's a very soulful, kind, thoughtful human being. He's got this façade of big action movies and all these bravado things, but there's a sweet kindness to him."
So people think he's some sort of dudebro because he does competent, impactful action but there's not one actual report or claim to him being anything other than a nice person. Like the Nega-Whedon, basically (or maybe Mirror Universe Whedon, seeing as how Nega-Scott was okay).
At a time of stories of abusive creators, Snyder is an anomaly. Even executives who were sometimes at odds with him agree that he's genuinely nice. "I'd be stronger than that," says Silverman. "He's a wonderful guy and fostered a wonderful working environment on his sets. He really valued the crew. He valued his cast."

Last edited:

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
This is the probably the best response I have seen. Fairest at least. This is how I am approaching the Snyder Cut.

Well, I'm in the camp of people who liked MoS and found BvS Ultimate an OK experience [did not watched Theatrical cut]. So I'm optimistic I will got entertainment out of ZSJL. And also there is smallest of chances that ZSJL will put some life in future Cavil & Batfleck projects in HBO Max.

IMO, it's better to get this than not.

aerach71

Sep 25, 2018
Ireland
User Banned (1 Week): Insensitive, Inflammatory and Dismissive Commentary; Account in Junior Phase
His daughter committed suicide
But go off

Love to not actually comment on the point being made, a lot of non white cis dudes have shit happen to them but never get money thrown at them by studios to make trash

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Love to not actually comment on the point being made, a lot of non white cis dudes have shit happen to them but never get money thrown at them by studios to make trash
I would love for all creators, whatever their personal background is, to get more opportunities like Snyder did. I'm also glad Snyder got his opportunity.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Fully intend on watching it, just would like to live in a reality where a queer/trans/female/non-white creative got this type of control over their work at huge expense without any good reason to actually do it
Wouldn't that ire be better directed at shit heaps like Whedon who actively make Hollywood a worse place to be for anyone who isn't a cis white male (and even for a handful of them too)?

Like, I never get the mediocre white man refrain when it comes to Snyder. There are a whole hell of a lot of directors working in Hollywood for whom that statement is 100% warranted. But Snyder? The majority of his movies make a healthy profit, he turns in his work on time and on budget, and most importantly he's actually a good boss for his film crews. That his movies are vapid and generally poorly received critically doesn't change the fact that, for the most part, he's actually really good at his job. That's why he keeps getting work.

aerach71

Sep 25, 2018
Ireland
Wouldn't that ire be better directed at shit heaps like Whedon who actively make Hollywood a worse place to be for anyone who isn't a cis white male (and even for a handful of them too)?

Like, I never get the mediocre white man refrain when it comes to Snyder. There are a whole hell of a lot of directors working in Hollywood for whom that statement is 100% warranted. But Snyder? The majority of his movies make a healthy profit, he turns in his work on time and on budget, and most importantly he's actually a good boss for his film crews. That his movies are vapid and generally poorly received critically doesn't change the fact that, for the most part, he's actually really good at his job.

I mean, if your job is being a director I would say your job is to produce good art and not make money but I'm not a weird objectivist bro like he is

aerach71

Sep 25, 2018
Ireland
No, what is toxic is you using suicide or any person's personal miseries, cis-male or otherwise, to begin an inclusion debate ( I am all for inclusion). That is not constructive at all especially in the context you were operating within. Cool, cool, cool.

I literally didn't bring up suicide, I pointed out it's sad that he gets this chance when so few others will.

MoosetheMark

May 3, 2019
Wanting minorities to get the same shots rich white dudes get is toxic? Cool cool cool
Maybe you can support minorities by believing them when they talk about their toxic experiences at the hands of rich white dudes?

What abuse? If you can actually tell me what happened to him that would be great because he refuses to. I've read dozens of articles on this and couldn't tell you what his actual accusations are.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if your job is being a director I would say your job is to produce good art and not make money but I'm not a weird objectivist bro like he is

His job as far as the studio is concerned is to make them a profit. Good or bad art aren't a requirement or needed as far as the studio is concerned. So no, his job isn't to produce good art. What he does at his job though is good enough for the studio so that he's in a position to have some weight and he's earned it regardless if his movies are great or they suck.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Firstly: Your job is literally making money for the studios. That's who's hiring you and that's why they hire you. You don't have to like that fact, but them's the breaks.

Secondly: I always find it interesting when people have to make up reasons that the man who makes bad movies is actually secretly a morally bad person to justify themselves.

aerach71

Sep 25, 2018
Ireland
Firstly: Your job is literally making money for the studios. That's who's hiring you and that's why they hire you. You don't have to like that fact, but them's the breaks.

Secondly: I always find it interesting when people have to make up reasons that the man who makes bad movies is actually secretly a morally bad person to justify themselves.

If you project any harder you could show the snyder cut

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
What abuse? If you can actually tell me what happened to him that would be great because he refuses to. I've read dozens of articles on this and couldn't tell you what his actual accusations are.
Oh. You're one of those. Now I understand.

If you project any harder you could show the snyder cut
"I don't actually have anything of value to say, maybe I can Whedon Dialogue my way out of this corner."

darfox8

Nov 5, 2017
USA
I'm literally asking for anyone to point me in the direction of his account of events? Didn't realise wanting to hear someone out was not believing them
Your original post is asking for receipts and implying that not providing detail delegitimizes the accusations. You can regret it, you can think that was wrong-headed. But don't act like you didn't write what you wrote.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
It really was a touching piece and having lost many loved ones to suicide and addiction it was very affecting. In my 14 years working in the industry I never heard one bad word said about Zack or Deborah and nothing but good things. His work aside we really need more people like that who create sets where you feel safe and looked after.

When I was working as a grip I ran into a few guys that claimed Snyder sets are almost a dream because of how well they're ran.

Deleted member 48828

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 21, 2018
I love the concern trolling and then instant ignorance about basic knowledge on the circumstances surrounding the film.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
I literally didn't bring up suicide, I pointed out it's sad that he gets this chance when so few others will.

You coopted a discussion (did you read the article? I am started to question how many people here with all their hilarious hot takes read it) to start a different discussion and in the process diminished one already happening which to me was about the fucked up nature of what went down on JL, Whedon's general awfulness, but ultimately Zack's understanding of the series of events in his own words, and his motivation and hopes for this new cut (read: he is getting his creative closure and also memorializing his late daughter cinematically). But you do you as unproductive as it is.

aerach71

Sep 25, 2018
Ireland

You can not like how I asked it but asking for articles or evidence elucidating his abuse was literally all I asked for.

Asking about information about a murder isn't denying a murder happened.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
(did you read the article? I am started to question how many people here with all their hilarious hot takes read it)
Pasts posts by yours truly across the site:
"Get away with"

People either really fucking hate reading or really fucking hate reassessing their uninformed gut reaction.
www.resetera.com

Joel Michael Singer Held Down After Head-Butting Man at Florida Restaurant (Trying to remove video from the Internet)

You should know by now that a lot of people on this site really fucking hate reading the article linked in the OP, even if it's quoted in the OP. Dude's getting what he deserves. Not that anything will really come of his being unhireable due to google searches as long as he's still rich.
As this forum has proven time and again, people really fucking hate reading, so if you make the headline technically correct you can drum up outrage while being completely honest.
Long story short: Reset really fucking can't stand reading the link.

darfox8

Nov 5, 2017
USA
You can believe that if you want
I'm not believing anything. I'm reading your post. I don't believe you're racist or that you don't believe victims. I'm commenting on you made that post and wrote wrong-headedness on it. I've said wrong-headedness in the past too. And I understand the impulse to know the dirt. But victims coming forward with abuse have the option to keep it private(as Ray did when he left it up to the investigation.)

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
I'm literally asking for anyone to point me in the direction of his account of events? Didn't realise wanting to hear someone out was not believing them
Ray is under NDA. He can't give specifics.

And a director's job is to bring a script to life to make money for the studio. For the most part anyway... and I can see where you're coming from as far as art.

Deleted member 48828

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 21, 2018
You can not like how I asked it but asking for articles or evidence elucidating his abuse was literally all I asked for.

Asking about information about a murder isn't denying a murder happened.
"What abuse?" is questioning the existence of abuse. Please stop being willfully ignorant, and just admit you don't give a shit.