• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
I would have thought that he would be getting paid for the time and effort he is putting into this. I can respect him doing this as a passion project without getting paid for it.

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
Agreed on it being b.s that he hasn't seen Whedon's stuff. He knows the reception his films have got and he knows everyone hated the Whedon's edits. You think he wouldn't have watched it to at least avoid making the same mistakes?

Dec 11, 2017
GrotesqueUnawareHeifer-size_restricted.gif

Makes sense.
I laughed.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gotta find some way to slag Synder for this article...

Oh yeah he's totally lying about seeing the 2017 cut after his wife/collaborator and Nolan both told him not too, epecially considering the circumstances that befell him during the filming. Honestly, what the fuck?
Hey, its Snyder. with him everything goes, even making fun of the time in his life when is daughter died.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
This must've been a ton of work. Kudos to him for having the passion to make his vision of the film a reality without getting a cent from it.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I dunno if he did or didn't see the finished product so much as I don't really think it matters either way and there's no real reason not to take him at his word on that.

I never saw it either, and I didn't put a lot of time into making this landmark superhero movie like he did with Justice League until eventually someone pulled him off.

Hey, its Snyder. with him everything goes, even making fun of the time in his life when is daughter died.

If anyone in this thread is making light of the tragedy Snyder and his family have gone through please report them, but "this guy's movies are bad" is not that.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting Read from Vanity Fair talking about the Journey to how the Snyder Cut was born:
www.vanityfair.com

‘Justice League’: The Shocking, Exhilarating, Heartbreaking True Story of #TheSnyderCut

A demoralizing battle with Warner Bros. A devastating personal tragedy. A fan base he couldn’t control. Zack Snyder tells V.F. why he quit ‘Justice League,’ and why he’s returned to complete a cut that’s reached near-mythical status.
Great article.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure at Snyder's level money isn't a tremendously motivating factor to him. He probably made a lifetime of money off 300 and Watchman alone.

Oct 27, 2017
Bullshit that he hasn't seen the Whedon version. I'm pretty sure he's been open and vocal about how shit it is and has said he's not going to use a minute of Whedon's footage.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God damn the Snyder hate is strong.

People bending over in this thread to come up with ways to hate Snyder when its just easier to hate the real bad guy. Joss Whedon.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
This is a great article everyone should read.

On some questionable Snyder choices the Studio nixed.

But Warner Bros. did nix some of his more sweeping notions for Justice League, like adding a romance between Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne and Amy Adams's Lois Lane, who was mourning Superman's death in the previous film. "The intention was that Bruce fell in love with Lois and then realized that the only way to save the world was to bring Superman back to life," says Snyder. "So he had this insane conflict, because Lois, of course, was still in love with Superman. We had this beautiful speech where [Bruce] said to Alfred: 'I never had a life outside the cave. I never imagined a world for me beyond this. But this woman makes me think that if I can get this group of gods together, then my job is done. I can quit. I can stop.' And of course that doesn't work out for him."
It didn't work out for Snyder either. The studio said no.

On the studio reaction to Whedon's new version:

Whedon rewrote and reshot about three quarters of Justice League, from what Snyder can gather. When fans ask him about details of the movie that bears his name, he usually has no idea what they are talking about. Worst of all, for Warner Bros., Whedon didn't exactly save the movie. "When we got to see what Joss actually did, it was stupefying," says a studio executive, who requested anonymity. "The robber on the rooftop—so goofy and awful. The Russian family—so useless and pointless. Everyone knew it. It was so awkward because nobody wanted to admit what a piece of shit it was."

On WB reacting to initial SC demands:

Initially, says Snyder, Warner Bros. just wanted to release the raw footage on his laptop. "I was like, 'That's a no, that's a hard no,'" he says. "And they're like, 'But why? You can just put up the rough cut.'" Snyder didn't trust their motivations. "I go, 'Here's why. Three reasons: One, you get the internet off your back, which is probably your main reason for wanting to do this. Two, you get to feel vindicated for making things right, I guess, on some level. And then three, you get a shitty version of the movie that you can point at and go, 'See? It's not that good anyway. So maybe I was right.' I was like, No chance. I would rather just have the Snyder cut be a mythical unicorn for all time."

Snyder estimates that it cost around $70 million to undo Whedon's redo. For that, HBO Max gets four hours of hotly anticipated programming—and the Hollywood comeback story of a lifetime. Snyder himself gets nothing. "I'm not getting paid," he says. He was paid the first time, of course. This time, he wants creative control, and forgoing a fee helped. "I didn't want to be beholden to anyone, and it allowed me to keep my negotiating powers with these people pretty strong."

Last edited:

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
God damn the Snyder hate is strong.

People bending over in this thread to come up with ways to hate Snyder when its just easier to hate the real bad guy. Joss Whedon.

It is but is nothing new. This thread has less than a third of the replies from the Joker photo thread because they can't come here and troll as easy due to the positive connotation of this thread.

Even with that, very brave but very malicious trolls are saying in here that Snyder is lying in stating that he didn't watched the Whedon's version (because you know, he must be lying about all the situation with his daughter too) , that his is an entitled white man ´s vanity project (because a daughter that commits suicide is very white and entitled) or posting the Joker image to justify their attacks and trollings (Even when they have a thread for that).

For some reason Snyder makes them to stop being afraid in showing their psychopathic lack of sympathy in public, which is both sad and concerning.

Last edited:

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Bullshit that he hasn't seen the Whedon version. I'm pretty sure he's been open and vocal about how shit it is and has said he's not going to use a minute of Whedon's footage.

I read somewhere (can't remember where unfortunately) that he does know what's in the Whedon cut, but claimed to have not watched it.

So given that, we're supposed to believe a) he got an assistant to write down literally every thing in the Whedon cut, or b) he just watched the damn movie in the privacy of his own home.

Personally, I don't see him as the type fretting about his version overlapping with Whedon's cut. I think he would have watched Whedon's purely out of curiosity and nothing else.

It's bad form to shit on other directors though, so the sensible thing to say is: "I haven't watched it."

Oct 30, 2017
That's dedication and completely understandable.

He put years into the projects starting with Man of Steel, and he never got to finish when the tragic lost of his daughter happened. From accounts he worked well with the cast and crew and is grateful for his fans.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is but is nothing new. This thread has less than a third of the replies from the Joker photo thread because they can't come here and troll as easy due to the positive connotation of this thread.

Even with that, very brave but very malicious trolls are saying in here that Snyder is lying in stating that he didn't watched the Whedon's version (because you know, he must be lying about all the situation with his daughter too) , that his is an entitled white man ´s vanity project (because a daughter that commits suicide is very white and entitled) or posting the Joker image to justify their attacks and trollings (Even when they have a thread for that).

For some reason Snyder makes them to stop being afraid in showing their psychopathic lack of sympathy in public, which is both sad and concerning.

Yea they really like to reach on this stuff.

Dude's fucking daughter killed herself.

Whedon abuses people AND his movies mostly suck.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Good on him. Always did feel like he was passionate about all this.

must be a way to also find peace after why must have been some of the worst time in his life

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not the biggest fan of Snyder's work, but some of the takes here are pretty distasteful. The man lost his 20 year old daughter mid-shooting this film, and chose to step down to focus on his family's healing. This project is not just an attempt to restore his original vision, it's likely a very personal passion project for him.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
User Threadbanned (1 week): Backseat Modding
There is something very depraved about bringing out Snyder's dead daughter to attack critics of Snyder's work.

One side is focusing on Snyder as director and his filmography. The other ignores the topic at hand and either attacks the critics or relies on the daughter.

Shameful. Cut it out. Stick to the damn topic at hand. If you have a problem with another user, mention it to the mods or something, stop derailing threads with your whining.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
There is something very depraved about bringing out Snyder's dead daughter to attack critics of Snyder's work.

One side is focusing on Snyder as director and his filmography. The other ignores the topic at hand and either attacks the critics or relies on the daughter.

Shameful. Cut it out. Stick to the damn topic at hand. If you have a problem with another user, mention it to the mods or something, stop derailing threads with your whining.
This thread literally IS about his dead daughter. He talks about her in the article at hand, and references how this Cut of the film is helping him get closure on her death and that chapter of her life. It's pretty clear you didn't bother to read it. Fuck off with this shit.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Rarely do those criticizing him as a director/filmography leave personal attacks out of their criticism, read this thread if you need any proof. It goes both ways.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Man, that's a great article.
I only had a rough idea of what transpired behind the scenes with this movie and never watched it.
Now I'm actually curious to see both versions just to compare them and I honestly hope Snyder's version is well received or at least a decent enough upgrade to make it worthwhile.

Rickelodeon

Oct 25, 2017
it kinda really is off putting that theres more focus on twitter (and now here) to making fun of the Jesus Joker pic and not the really good article that goes into the how and why this project is so personal

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
There's an entire Vanity Fair article that went up about this today... it's a good read into what happened that lead to this whole thing.

www.vanityfair.com

‘Justice League’: The Shocking, Exhilarating, Heartbreaking True Story of #TheSnyderCut

A demoralizing battle with Warner Bros. A devastating personal tragedy. A fan base he couldn’t control. Zack Snyder tells V.F. why he quit ‘Justice League,’ and why he’s returned to complete a cut that’s reached near-mythical status.
Lmao Nolan straight up told Snyder not to watch Josstice League. Absolute legend.

Snyder has my respect.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017

Such a deshonest post, even for the average toxic fanboy.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
This thread literally IS about his dead daughter. He talks about her in the article at hand, and references how this Cut of the film is helping him get closure on her death and that chapter of her life. It's pretty clear you didn't bother to read it. Fuck off with this shit.

I've literally written the same above. I wrote that Snyder is seeking closure over a rough period of his life, the loss of his daughter and kicked off a movie, by doing this for free.

But dragging out her daughter to shut down any kind of criticism of the man is insane and ghoulish.

"You should feel bad for talking negatively of Snyder because did you know his daughter killed herself? Did you know that? You should feel bad."

N7Commander01

Jan 2, 2020
Tokyo, Japan
I've literally written the same above. I wrote that Snyder is seeking closure over a rough period of his life, the loss of his daughter and kicked off a movie, by doing this for free.

But dragging out her daughter to shut down any kind of criticism of the man is insane and ghoulish.

"You should feel bad for talking negatively of Snyder because did you know his daughter killed herself? Did you know that? You should feel bad."

But like where? Where is this happening?

People are mentioning his daughter to encourage people to be wary about their glee in attacking him

no one is shutting down criticism

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That hack, he doesn't have artistic integrity , he is only in for the mon......what?
I don't recall anyone ever claiming the man didn't have artistic integrity or a true pssion for cinema. I think it's always been very evident in his work and interviews.

He just has awful tastes and a terrible worldview when it comes what he wants to make and he consistently misreads the source material in his adaptations

Order

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People are attacking him as a filmmaker and you weirdoes are bringing up his dead daughter unprovoked as some sort of trump card

like what the fuck

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Nobody has said this. They're saying to show some fucking tact and not just shit on him. You can criticize him and his work, but show a little class.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

People are literally in here saying they don't believe portions of his interviews.

It's an attack on his character not that of his ability to be a director.

I don't have high hopes for the Snyder cut but let the man have his moment in the sun. Every thread has a bunch of shit takes on the dude.

lol at this thin veil of film criticism. Era has the media literacy of a 7 year old.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
But like where? Where is this happening?

People are mentioning his daughter to encourage people to be wary about their glee in attacking him

no one is shutting down criticism

Re-read the thread. Anytime someone mentions his daughter, its in response to a comment that has nothing to do with his daughter. Instead of defending Snyder's work, people bring her up to make people feel bad.

This whole topic is disturbing so I'm exiting the conversation.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

In other words, you didn't read the article.

Deleted member 85465

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2020
Finished reading the article, it recontextualized DC Snyder movies for me, but I find the contrast between his finished work and finding out that he is actually nice in general according to accounts from his coworkers baffling, its so weird finding out that the person that made some of the most "dark" superhero movies had a healthy workplace, meanwhile the avengers director is an abusing terrible person.

It was weird reading how he seems to want to deconstruct superheroes, but then then article shows Joker jesus, its bizarre.

But, I will try to watch the batman vs superman extended cut before seeing the justice league new cut to give it another chance.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Come on, he is not lying about not having seen the Whedon Cut.

Why do you distrust his words? Just because he made some movies that you did not like? Making bad movies does not make you a liar. Come on.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Re-read the thread. Anytime someone mentions his daughter, its in response to a comment that has nothing to do with his daughter. Instead of defending Snyder's work, people bring her up to make people feel bad.

This whole topic is disturbing so I'm exiting the conversation.

Mine was in response to no such thing. Re-read the thread.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017

Everything about this post is ironic.