• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most pointless DCEU death?

• Mercy Graves

Votes: 16 7.7%
  • Jimmy Olsen

Votes: 142 67.9%
  • Dick Grayson

Votes: 51 24.4%

• Total voters

Dormammu

Banned
May 20, 2020
I am so ready for the Damian Wayne Robin to make a live action appearance. One of these decades. :p

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
We're gonna do this again?

Again... Zack's vision for his universe AT THE TIME was for a 5 movie arc and that was it. He was telling a specific story with a specific version of these characters and world.

So yes, people were going to die that wouldn't normally die, like Jimmy Olson or Dick Grayson. This happens in comics ALL THE TIME.

Quote from Zack himself regarding Jimmy

Zack was also going to introduce Carrie Kelly as the new Robin, but he never got the chance.

jvfvhc3od6551.jpg

It was Jena Malone.

I am fucking furious

perfect cast

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
No it wasn't. When she was cast, people thought that's who she was going to play, but she was cut out of the Theatrical Cut. In the Ultimate Cut, she just played a research scientist that helped Lois figure out the metal alloy in the bullet.

Good I would have never lived with this disappointment

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Just saying, Dick is dead in the Injustice timeline too, and it's Damian Wayne who killed him and took up an (evil) Nightwing mantle. And that story was really cool.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I'm still in the Jared Leto was Jason Todd camp.
My boy Jason is already let down by shitty comic runs, so don't put that devil on him pls.
Let's hope we can fix this with Battison's version/universe..
Seeing as this is early years Batman, at most, we'd get kid Dick. It'd be nice if he appeared in The Batman and, in the sequel, he was already Robin.

Depending on the age of the actor and how long it takes to reach the third film you could even have him become Nightwing.

GenericUser

Banned
Jun 4, 2020
Zhack Snyder.

The Z is silent.

In literally all facets.

Most his movies regardless of personal opinion universally have had lukewarm to poor reception.

And unlike other directors who could be pedestrian at least churn out successful movies , this guy hasn't had a truly successful film since 300 (almost 15 years ago)

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
I feel like Snyder is just not connecting at all with the material. Guns, murder, and dead Grayson scream, 'Martha!' way more than 'Batman.'

Feb 24, 2018
None of the films don't have to follow this at all right? Like at this point the DCEU movies can do what they want (especially it's not explicitly confirmed in the movie)?

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
It's like the 90s became a sentient human being whenever I see Snyder talk about his films and weird ideas. He's out-Liefelding Liefeld.

Hah. Great way to put it.

It's like he took the worst possible idea in any scenario and put it on screen. Jimmy Olsen a rando CIA agent and gets shot in the head, we never knowing who he was? Check. Batman halts his near orgasmic murder lust to kill Superman because he hears his mother's name? Check. The list goes on and on.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
For the record I didn't hate Man of Steel or even BvS (full cut not the shitty theatrical one).
I know about Batman because of the Burton movie and the 90s Animated series.
Even I could have come up with better ideas that killing future Batman for no reason offscreen.
Justice League v2 is going to be a trainwreck.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
My boy Jason is already let down by shitty comic runs, so don't put that devil on him pls.

Seeing as this is early years Batman, at most, we'd get kid Dick. It'd be nice if he appeared in The Batman and, in the sequel, he was already Robin.

Depending on the age of the actor and how long it takes to reach the third film you could even have him become Nightwing.
I would prefer if they cast an actor like Tom Holland's age and let him start with Robin, then let the actor grow into being Nightwing.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Just saying, Dick is dead in the Injustice timeline too, and it's Damian Wayne who killed him and took up an (evil) Nightwing mantle. And that story was really cool.
Except the entire point of that story was "this is the DC universe gone horribly wrong." Dick's death weighs over Damian in the comics, and Dick himself returns as their take on Deadman.

Killing Dick (of all Robins) offscreen like this is just such cynical trash.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I would prefer if they cast an actor like Tom Holland's age and let him start with Robin, then let the actor grow into being Nightwing.
Yeah, that'd be the best they could do, instead of outright changing actors.

I'm honestly betting on there being, at the very least, a Flying Graysons reference in The Batman. I don't think we'll get characters like Jason or Tim, though.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
tbf he confirms pretty much any wild theory on vero you throw at him to keep his fans biting with random nothing replies like 'it is known..'

like apparently the 'real' doomsday is still out there..which means a fake one killed superman..and presumably, because they've already done and fucked up the death of superman, one of the most famous comic stories of all time, if superman was to fight the 'real' one now he'd just win

which..makes the fake one more threatening?

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Except the entire point of that story was "this is the DC universe gone horribly wrong." Dick's death weighs over Damian in the comics, and Dick himself returns as their take on Deadman.

Killing Dick (of all Robins) offscreen like this is just such cynical trash.
So... perfect for the Snyderverse?

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
So he had access to all of the DC characters, then he just kills them offscreen or after a few moments for no good reason at all.