• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
As a big fan of Man of Steel, I fully welcome this move! The theatrical version was a watchable mess, and I will gladly watch the new version.

Now, can anyone bring back Henry as Superman? I want more movies [or even HBO Max shows] with him.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
They're spending $30m to finish it and it will take almost a year.

A Snyder Cut didn't exist.
I heard plenty of people saying one couldn't exist, and never would.

I can't say I remember many, if any, people who thought there was a color corrected, scored version of the movie with all the FXs completed on a shelf ready to just be released.

Snyder cut together a version of the film once they wrapped (and they *did* wrap). You have to really jump through some rhetorical hoops to argue that the rough cut wasn't 'a Snyder cut'.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Thanks for this. Whedon really butchered Snyder's great cinematography. So many people in here clearly don't know what the hell they're talking about if they think 2017 JL is anything like what Snyder was gonna do.

Hoping we get Darkseid and that proper Deathstroke cameo
Yup, pretty much.
I may sound like a conformist fanboy, but with Zack we will get (AT LEAST) better cinematography, CGI and action sequences than in Whedon's League, also no stupid jokes like that scene with Flash landing on WW's chest, ugh.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest, the fact that people like these get what they want leaves an eldtrichly horrible taste in my mouth
1590004691525.png

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I heard plenty of people saying one couldn't exist, and never would.

I can't say I remember many, if any, people who thought there was a color corrected, scored version of the movie with all the FXs completed on a shelf ready to just be released.

Snyder cut together a version of the film once they wrapped (and they *did* wrap). You have to really jump through some rhetorical hoops to argue that the rough cut wasn't 'a Snyder cut'.
I'd recommend watching this, as it goes over what this supposed "Snyder cut" would be.

Spoiler: It's not the cut that people continue to insist exists.

Ghostswillpass

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Batman V Superman was incredibly bad, but in an interesting "what the fuck were they thinking" kind of way.

Justice League was just boring bad.

So sure I'll watch this trainwreck of a director's cut.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Yup, pretty much.
I may sound like a conformist fanboy, but with Zack we will get (AT LEAST) better cinematography, CGI and action sequences than in Whedon's League, also no stupid jokes like that scene with Flash landing on WW's chest, ugh.

Also Junkie XL's score! The Elfman one was just embarrassing

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

Honestly can't be worse the the version they released.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
Incredible they're throwing another $20-30 million at the movie.

I remember when Deadpool had its budget slashed to $58 million for the whole film.
I feel that streaming services like Netflix and HBO Max are willing to take more risk as it's all about content and gaining subscribers in the end. In the case of the Snyder Cut, fans and haters alike are going to watch it and those behind HBO Max know this.

When it comes to theatrically released films, a film is often considered a failure if it doesn't make a nice return on investment. The only exception to that rule may be the MCU films as each film serves it's purpose towards the greater event films.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a place where I can see all the changes Joss made to the movie(which scenes he reshot or added entirely) and what Snyder originally wanted? Even little things within each scene?

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
I dont understand how this could remotely save it, just the characters and chemistry was awful. The main villain was terrible and the added characters were terrible.

For some reason DC is just not good with Ensembles, they are good with one Character films. Like even Birds of Prey, I disliked all the characters but Harley Quinn. Wish it was just the Harley Quinn movie, cause it was good outside of that.

As soon as DC films have more than 2 characters in a room and they try to "show their personalities" it falls apart. Marvel has that part down.

DarkenedSoul

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of opinions of the quality of the product we got in theatres and what we'll get once the "snyder" cut gets the sfx completed (you folks hung up on the fact that there wasn't a 100% completed cut are weird), I'm glad he'll get to finish it as he envisioned it. The vitriol vomited towards him is ridiculous because as far as I can tell he seems like an OK guy despite fumbling professionally (correction: artistically, bad word to use originally).

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Incredible they're throwing another $20-30 million at the movie.

I remember when Deadpool had its budget slashed to $58 million for the whole film.

Streaming service salaries are stupid right now... Chapelle took 40M for two specials and that price has reportedly gone up. 20 - 30M for a 4 hour cut, mini series, or whatever sounds reasonable when all these shows are ridiculously expensive.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
One of my favorite changes in the Whedon cut. Changing the League vs Superman fight from evening to daytime...yet all the buildings, lamps and night lights are still on.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
www.hollywoodreporter.com

“It Will Be an Entirely New Thing”: Zack Snyder’s $20M-Plus ‘Justice League’ Cut Plans Revealed

Zack Snyder's 'Justice League' cut will debut on HBO Max either in a four-hour director's cut or in six TV-style "chapters." The helmer is getting the gang back together with the original postproduction crew to score, cut and finish visual effects, and some of the actors are returning for...

Shit they are going all in on this.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck, so WB is actually gonna throw $20-30m to Zack Snyder to actually make this a reality. And they're gonna take that sock to the chin and go "Yep, totally fucked up last time. Our b! Here you go!"

Man...working with WB has to be a fucking ride sometimes. Same studio that made an Elseworlds Joker movie....because, after all.

df53f456b3af1acf351b998b4a40e2d6--wise-words-geek-stuff.jpg

On the whole, still don't have any faith in Snyder's vision (lot of y'all dancing around his wannabe objectivist crap), but I can't shit either a creator for actually pulling the goodwill to fulfill his vision nor the fanbase for providing said goodwill. This will be longer and more coherent but I'll be amazed if it's actually good. To start Ray Fisher's characterization in the original movie is clearly Whedon, and I ain't exactly excited to see him go full Mr. Roboto like the old trailers showed.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
ERA has spent the past 4 years abusing, making fun of, trolling relentlessly and just being mean spirited about Zack Snyder and his movies. You have the same people saying that Snydercut people are toxic but refuse to actually look in the freaking mirror at themselves. Have you guys seen the way you talk about Zack Snyder here?

This movies/shows existence does not affect you in anyway. No idea why you can't just let people enjoy whatever the fuck they want to enjoy without trying to spoil it for them. Then agains mods participate in it too so you know.

Let's not forget this is the forum where some person made a Man of Steel topic to shit on it because they were not happy that TROS was getting bad reviews.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017

This trailer still gets me. Even though it uses some footage from the theatrical version of JL.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If it's a multi-episode mini-series that could end up being for the best. Depends on how much material Snyder can squeeze out of this thing without turning it into a slog. And hopefully he manages to give it a definitive ending and put an end to this story.

Not sure why people are mad that Snyder gets to finish his own movie on his terms. It's kind of an incredible thing for a director to have this opportunity.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, so WB is actually gonna throw $20-30m to Zack Snyder to actually make this a reality. And they're gonna take that sock to the chin and go "Yep, totally fucked up last time. Our b! Here you go!"

Man...working with WB has to be a fucking ride sometimes. Same studio that made an Elseworlds Joker movie....because, after all.

df53f456b3af1acf351b998b4a40e2d6--wise-words-geek-stuff.jpg

I mean the Joker movie finally netted Joaquin his best acting oscar and was one of the most profitable movies of the year...but the geeks thought it was a bad idea so maybe they should have listened to them instead.

MnM

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 9, 2020
Can't believe people are salty about it. LMFAO

On the other hand, Zack has the opportunity to top the warehouse scene and put everyone to shame.

CenturionNami

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
ERA has spent the past 4 years abusing, making fun of, trolling relentlessly and just being mean spirited about Zack Snyder and his movies. You have the same people saying that Snydercut people are toxic but refuse to actually look in the freaking mirror at themselves. Have you guys seen the way you talk about Zack Snyder here?

This movies/shows existence does not affect you in anyway. No idea why you can't just let people enjoy whatever the fuck they want to enjoy without trying to spoil it for them. Then agains mods participate in it too so you know.

Let's not forget this is the forum where some person made a Man of Steel topic to shit on it because they were not happy that TROS was getting bad reviews.
This. And i'm seeing the same people here throw a tantrum over this.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Very happy news.

I've was always baffled as to what Whedon was doing as there was tons of stuff that I saw that never made it into the final movie.

Looks like some of that will be put back in hopefully.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
I think we're all forgetting the biggest change this will create... no more mustache removal CG?

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Every single piece of advertising for this I see is in Black and White, is the final product also meant to be in B&W, or is it just a stylistic choice for the advertising campaign?

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah it's pretty tiring at this point.

Half the posts in this thread are weirdos telling us why they hate the movie.

When I don't like something I avoid topics on it. It's not hard.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Considering that the movies post-JL have not acknowledged the events of JL, I wonder if it could give Warner the opportunity to establish Snyder's cut of JL as the canonical entry in the franchise.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm intrigued. Hopefully it comes to other services since HBOMax isn't available here, but I truly am interested to see how different this version will be

N7Commander01

Jan 2, 2020
Tokyo, Japan
Every single piece of advertising for this I see is in Black and White, is the final product also meant to be in B&W, or is it just a stylistic choice for the advertising campaign?
No idea - the cut shown to execs was in black and white, although I imagine that was because black and white could hide some unfinished colour grading

I doubt the final film will be though

CKT

Banned
Feb 1, 2020
I'm glad the fans are going to finally get what they've wanted, but man this is going to set a bad precedent going forward for extremely toxic fans to harass companies until they get what they want.