• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Can't say I am that much interested in what will likely still be a shitty movie, except it be longer now, but hey, guess a cool thing to add to HBOmax.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
Never expected 2020 to pull the "Release the Synder Cut" card, but hey this year has been pretty fucked up already.

Wait, so does this mean I have to sit through the extended version of Batman V. Superman again.

Cuz, I haven't watched it since I saw it in theaters.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
It's fine people enjoyed it but it's not salt when it's going to turn out terribly just like the rest of them did. It's sad that the money will be wasted on this shit.
How DARE they spend money completing a film that Zack Snyder had to depart from due to his daughter's death. The audacity of HBO.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now release the butt-hole cut of CATS you cowards!

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
eafMZ7F.gif

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People in this thread keep talking about how toxic the #releasethesnydercut were, but I've found irrefutable evidence that it's actually the people who hate zack snyder and people enjoying themselves that are the toxic ones. Who would have thought?! Here's my proof, prove me wrong:

www.resetera.com

Zack Snyder’s Justice League Coming to HBO Max 2021

Just announced on his Vero live stream. https://pressroom.warnermediagroup.com/us/media-release/hbo-max-releasethesnydercut Zack Snyder has launched another fundraising campaign for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention on Ink to the People...

If only there were some rules or moderation that could be put into effect to warn or ban people from really just outright attacking people that are happy. But c'est la vie

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Let's get one thing straight: I'm happy Zack gets to put his true vision out there and that I get to see it, but these toxic fanboys don't deserve to be rewarded at all. That part is fucking lame.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't give a shit about this personally because I think his take on the DC stuff has been terrible, but I'm actually really happy he gets to see his completed vision come to fruition. It was tragic that he had to step away from the project. And it's exciting for the fans that want to experience this as well. Really cool moment.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Now I'm wondering when the #RemakeEpVIII hashtag will start. Should I buy my popcorn now?

There is no alternate version of TLJ to remake, as production went smoothly with no considerable changes. The closer comparison would be if George Lucas' Episode 7 or Duel of the Fates were gonna be made.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I generally like when fandoms get creators and/or corporations to provide products that they were asking for regardless of my personal investment in those properties (ex. Killer Instinct being revived, despite the fact that I'd never played the originals).

However.

Ascribing fucking narratives of heroism, bravery, and perseverance to these kinds of outcomes is embarrassing and is the reason I can't fuck too hard with nerds and fandoms anymore.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm so interested to see this train wreck of a movie. But a 4 hour cut? That's gonna need a lot of alcohol to live through.

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
BVS was totally destroyed by hate bandwagoners and hyperbole. JL was a legit bad movie though. I can't see them improving enough to change public opinion.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
The first trailer for Suicide Squad is an entirely different movie. I wonder if that one was closer to completion? Sounds like (from his Twitter) that it's less of a "we need new footage" and more of a fact that all the footage exists, but the movie needs to be completely re-edited.
Yeah apparently the actual film was edited by a trailer company? I wouldn't be surprised if he has the footage tbh. I'd watch an #AyerCut tbh

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Why are people so invested in telling others that this movie will suck and that they shouldn't watch it?

Let others watch whatever the fuck they want. How does that affect you in any way, shape or form?
Unfortunately DC in general is a lightning rod for people who want to tell others how much they don't like thing.

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really interested in watching this. Hated all of Snyder's DC movies but can't help be curious about what his version of Justice League was like.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
I mean... its fine. I'll watch it because I'm at least curious. I don't have high expectations though. I hated Batman vs Superman. I hated Man of Steel. I actually thought Justice League was borderline okay, but the best parts seemed like the parts Whedon was most likely to have added. The villain was awful, the fights mostly sucked, but the cast had good chemistry and when they just got to bounce off each other it worked. I gave it a 7/10 at the time, which at the time was the best rating I'd given any DCEU film outside of Wonder Woman. Its also the highest rating I've given any of the 6 Zach Snyder films I've seen (never bothered with Sucker Punch). A lot of his films have good elements but none of them really come together.

For me, the DCEU got significantly better the second Snyder was gone. I've enjoyed all three of Aquaman, Shazam, and Birds of Prey. I think their upcoming slate looks promising. I see no real reason to go backward like this...

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
From THR:

The Snyders put together a presentation and, in early February, invited a select group of executives from Warner Bros., HBO Max and DC to their house in Pasadena to screen Zack's little-seen version that was shown in black and white. The number of executives in the room — there were more than a dozen in attendance, ranging from Warners' Emmerich, Carolyn Blackwood, and Walter Hamada to HBO Max's Kevin Reilly, Sarah Aubrey and Sandra Dewey to DC's Jim Lee — showed the importance of the potentially extensive undertaking. Heads of physical production and business affairs were there to assess what needed to be done and how much it would cost. At his presentation after the screening, Snyder outlined ideas for not just releasing the cut but the concept of episodes and cliffhangers.

The executives left the meeting pumped. The Snyder Cut was real. Except then it almost wasn't.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

“It Will Be an Entirely New Thing”: Zack Snyder’s $20M-Plus ‘Justice League’ Cut Plans Revealed

Zack Snyder's 'Justice League' cut will debut on HBO Max either in a four-hour director's cut or in six TV-style "chapters." The helmer is getting the gang back together with the original postproduction crew to score, cut and finish visual effects, and some of the actors are returning for...

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine caring so much about a movie you hate that you constantly troll topics about said movie and then getting upset because you get called out. Like imagine being so much of a loser that you have that much time on your hands. You could learn gardening or something else to keep your abrasive personality away from others.

That's the acceptable tone for this thread, yeah?
The hell are you talking about? I troll Justice League threads? lol

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
BVS was totally destroyed by hate bandwagoners and hyperbole. JL was a legit bad movie though. I can't see them improving enough to change public opinion.
BvS was destroyed by being a terrible movie with a good fight scene in it and nothing else redeemable. Just because you like it doesn't mean everyone else are "hate bandwagoners." It was a bad movie, most people don't like it because it was a bad movie. It's okay that you like the movie, move on.

I agree though, JL was also a terrible movie. It's wild they're throwing this much money at another version of it.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
I generally like when fandoms get creators and/or corporations to provide products that they were asking for regardless of my personal investment in those properties (ex. Killer Instinct being revived, despite the fact that I'd never played the originals).

However.

Ascribing fucking narratives of heroism, bravery, and perseverance to these kinds of outcomes is embarrassing and is the reason I can't fuck too hard with nerds and fandoms anymore.
But you're an admin on a video game forum...