• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
lol you don't like the truth but there was plenty of toxicity people acting anyone and everyone who didn't like the movies. I'm not saying it was everyone but there was a large group.

You're just trying to shame people in era excited for this. What was even the point of that post otherwise? Do you thing those people are here?

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In 2021, watch Zack Snyder turn a piece of shit into a watchable mess, exclusively on HBO Max!

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
The only way this improves the film is if he secretly reshot Man of Steel & Batman V Superman after secretly handing them both off to a completely different writer and director and basically created 3 entirely different movies and called it Zack Snyder's Justice League and also it's like 9 hours long and also John Cena plays Lex Luthor instead

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
One interesting point about this that even though we're getting the Snyder Cut, we're still not actually getting the Snyder Cut.

What we're getting is a new product that's built with old footage by what is now a changed man. His personal tragedy, his professional tragedy, his understanding of what made Whedon's JL not work, and the fact that format-wise, this is now a 6 episode miniseries as opposed to a 2.5 hour movie.

As Snyder himself said, this is an entirely new thing. We're getting a Snyder Cut of Justice League....but it's still not the movie we'd have gotten had personal tragedy not forced Snyder to step down from the original production.
pretty much. maybe it might be good, who knows, but it wont be the original vision. not at all.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So... there isn't and never was a "Snyder cut" just sitting there waiting to be released at any time then? Wasn't that sort of the central thrust of this obnoxious af "movement"? That WB had no good reason not to release it seeing as the work was already done? Can't believe they're throwing so much cash at this after what they lost on it already.

The sad part is... if by some miracle a decent movie comes out of this, the fact that we already know it was apparently intended as the first part of a two movie story that is now never going to be completed is just gonna trigger an even bigger backlash against WB demanding a sequel next. Blood in the water and all that.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
200.gif

The director's cut of BvS was 1000% better than what Justice League ended up being.

Count me in!

1000 x 0 = 0. Accurate.

People who think the BvS Ultimate Cut fixes anything or is any kind of improvement are hilarious.

Snyder knows where to put the camera but he is a complete and abject failure as a storyteller every single time. He's made a lot of good looking movies but he's never made a good movie. At best this will be on par with the Whedon version, but Snyder stans will pretend it's genius forever and toxic weirdos will point to WB deciding to cobble together something releaseable from a workprint due to the lack of theatrical releases during the pandemic as proof of their batshit media conspiracies forever. Hooray.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The fact that Snyder hasn't seen the theatrical version of Justice League means this isn't about improving on the flaws, it's just making sure this JL is 100% Zack Snyder. So it'll double down on the worst aspects of his filmmaking which diehard fans love. It'll likely have worse reviews, which is win-win for the critics and zealots!

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I been saying just turn all the Snyder Superman movies into an hour long episodic thing. The biggest problem with the movies is the pacing but I think cut into hour chunks it's more palatable.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Fanboy shit aside. This is a win for movies in general. For a director to finish his movie the way he wants to, even after having been butchered by studio interference isn't something that happens

Exactly. Let's see him finish the movie that he wanted to make. If it's good, that's great, if it's bad, at least he got to try.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
So... there isn't and never was a "Snyder cut" just sitting there waiting to be released at any time then? Wasn't that sort of the central thrust of this obnoxious af "movement"? That WB had no good reason not to release it seeing as the work was already done? Can't believe they're throwing so much cash at this after what they lost on it already.

The sad part is... if by some miracle a decent movie comes out of this, the fact that we already know it was apparently intended as the first part of a two movie story that is now never going to be completed is just gonna trigger an even bigger backlash against WB demanding a sequel next. Blood in the water and all that.
Yes but it's the only thing to call it.

They're throwing cash because they want to drive subs to their streaming service which until now had no hook other than it's HBO

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Yaaaaaaaaas comic movie king.

Honestly can't wait for this. BvS was great but JL was a letdown.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the bit where it could a 4 hour movie or a series??....

The review thread should fun at least.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
But… now he won't have any excuses for why it's shit?
I guess I'm happy for everyone who wanted it but I'm baffled by the whole thing Justice League was shit but BvS was just as shit. I can't imagine this not being a dumpster fire.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
1) This confirms that Folding Ideas was right about the state of the Snyder cut.

2) What a weird experiment this will be.

3) I'll probably watch it, but if it's gonna be 4 hours, I hope they go with the episodic format.

Edit:

Huskman

Jan 21, 2019
FUCK YES!!!!!
I was so hyped for JL initially. Midway through the movie in theaters opening night it hit me that the theatrical cut was baaaaaad.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Man. I can't believe they're really going to do this. In my mind there is zero chance for this thing to be any good, but I will 100% be there to watch it just for the sheer strangeness of the situation.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory Point of Comparison
So what happens when the "Snyder Cut" is released and the film is still trash? What are folks gonna do then?
They'll do the same as they did for the other Snyder films before it, pretend that it's a masterpiece regardless and relentlessly attack people on Twitter who disagree for months. The Trump supporter approach.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
Way to reward such a toxic fanbase that memed this into existence. /s

Im looking forward to it...

gradam01

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nebraska
So they are going to take a miserably bad movie, remove all humor and levity(whether appropriate or not), then stretch it into a 4 hour movie. Good luck.

WarioLuigi22

alt account
Banned
May 11, 2019
The same people who swore up and down it would never happen and would mock people who thought it was real (lots here on ERA) will go out of their way to crap on it when it's released because they'll be bitter about being wrong. I GUARANTEE IT!!

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This sort of thing could only happen during 2020. Life is fucked.

I do enjoy that HBO will spend millions because of memes. Very few actually wanted it, a lot of us just enjoyed the memes.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
200.gif

1000 x 0 = 0. Accurate.

People who think the BvS Ultimate Cut fixes anything or is any kind of improvement are hilarious.

Snyder knows where to put the camera but he is a complete and abject failure as a storyteller every single time. He's made a lot of good looking movies but he's never made a good movie. At best this will be on par with the Whedon version, but Snyder stans will pretend it's genius forever and toxic weirdos will point to WB deciding to cobble together something releaseable from a workprint due to the lack of theatrical releases during the pandemic as proof of their batshit media conspiracies forever. Hooray.
I'm not even a Snyder fan. I thought his Dawn of the Dead Remake was overrated, 300 is already dated, Sucker Punch was horrible, and I'm generally pretty uninterested in anything he does.

His director's cut of BvS was legit pretty good though. Like 6/10 territory. Whereas Justice League was literally one of the very worst super hero movies I've ever seen. So I'm feeling pretty pumped about seeing Snyder's version of JL.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
How toxic were the "release the Snyder cut" people?

If they were well behaved fine no skin of my nose, hope they enjoy it, but if they acted like toxic dipshits I wouldn't want them give validation.
www.cinemablend.com

Justice League’s Snyder Cut Campaign Has Raised A Ton Of Money For Charity

They still haven't made the movie happen, but they've done a lot of good along the way.

"As part of the campaign's attempt to draw notice and support, those calling to "Release the Snyder Cut" have held a variety of fundraising events on behalf of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Yesterday on twitter, prominent Snyder Cut member @TPZMickD revealed that in total, since November of last year, the movement has raised an impressive $156, 613."

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Ehem.

I don't think it's going to be good.

But I have believed this was a real thing that could see the light of day for a while, so I feel pretty vindicated.