• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There will be no convincing the people who memed this into reality that it is anything less than a masterpiece and I think it may be time to just retire from any corner of the internet where it will be discussed.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
i'm glad snyder's fans get an ending to their trilogy - they make a lot of people happy and i know i would have been bummed if a series i liked got cut short by 1 movie

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
So what happens when the "Snyder Cut" is released and the film is still trash? What are folks gonna do then?

And man, I dunno if this is a wise idea. It's gonna set a bad precedent and next thing you know nerds are gonna start bitching about not getting things their way a 100x more than they already do.
I'm sure even if it's bad the fans will enjoy it. And it'll serve as an interesting moment in the history of blockbusters film making. Although it probably won't be worth it in the end.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People who want it to be good now will love it.
People who want it to be bad still will hate it.
And ResetEra will continue to never shut the fuck up about it, yet complain that no one ever shuts the fuck up about it.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
One interesting point about this that even though we're getting the Snyder Cut, we're still not actually getting the Snyder Cut.

What we're getting is a new product that's built with old footage by what is now a changed man. His personal tragedy, his professional tragedy, his understanding of what made Whedon's JL not work, and the fact that format-wise, this is now a 6 episode miniseries as opposed to a 2.5 hour movie.

As Snyder himself said, this is an entirely new thing. We're getting a Snyder Cut of Justice League....but it's still not the movie we'd have gotten had personal tragedy not forced Snyder to step down from the original production.

even though i agree in principle that we arent getting "that cut" and that he is a "different person" now than he was then, I've always felt more like allowing the man complete his vision -- any vision, at the end of the day -- for this production was the real goal. There is so much unused footage that would never see the light of day otherwise, even in the "original" Snyder Cut.

and that theyre actually going to be finishing the visual effects is amazing

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
I don't get this hype about Zack Snyder's cut..

When has Zack Snyder ever made a good movie?!?!

Man of Steel was the first time in my entire life when I actually thought "Oh, Superman can make for a good movie."

And Batman vs Superman HAD some really good things going for it. I think Ben Affleck has had the best version of Batman on screen yet.

Justice League can be pretty good too.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They turned this into one of the most bizarre projects thats for sure. 20-30 mil additional is like, wut. All for a bad movie.

Will certainly be interesting to watch though. Disappointed its a year away. Was hoping for something sooner.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
I had no idea that Synder is so powerful he is making the whole world watch this or you die. Jesus guys chill the fuck out don't watch if you don't want who cares get out some more

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
zack-snyders-vero-post-confirming-the-physical-existence-of-the-snyder-cut.png

It says directors cut. Sounds like we are going to be getting more than just the "Snyder Cut"
Ya but I thought someone mentioned before that the containers and such mean it's an early assembly cut. Article says his original desired cut was like 4 hours or something, and then his actual watchable cut was down to 2 and a half. This looks like he's getting the chance to put out the extra long version

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm sure even if it's bad the fans will enjoy it. And it'll serve as an interesting moment in the history of blockbusters film making. Although it probably won't be worth it in the end.
Yep. Even if this is bad, so what? The original is godawful anyway. It's not like they're remaking a masterpiece of a film. This is an awesome experiment from a creative and directorial standpoint that could result in more studios trying weird things in the future.

Oct 27, 2017
Why are people so invested in telling others that this movie will suck and that they shouldn't watch it?

Let others watch whatever the fuck they want. How does that affect you in any way, shape or form?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Well at least they're giving Snyder a chance to finish his vision and not just dumping out some half assed rough cut. Also glad to know this time next year this Snyder DC saga will truly be over and buried when the last terrible Snyder DC film is out.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I would have put cash money on never seeing the light of day but here we are. I'm happy for those that are ecstatic about finally getting to see it.

Two things that strike me right away. The branding on the image of Snyder's name being so much larger than the Justice League line makes me think that this is how the studio will differentiate this between the 'new' DCU and the 'older' DCU.

This isn't Justice League, this is ZACK SNYDER'S Justice League. It also makes a little more sense if this, and the ensuing marketing and 'buzz' around it, is one of the reasons that WB are keeping Ezra Miller as The Flash.

One thing I couldn't understand however was how Warners were going to explain this to the directors that they currently have either prepping or acting producing DC films that follow the 'new' narrative. How would Ava DuVernay feel if she found out that Darkseid would make a (non canon) first appearance in ZS's Justice League? Is Matt Reeves bothered that the 'old' Batman is getting another push (albeit as a streaming curio than a film) when Pattinson is supposed to be positioned as the new Batman moving forward?

But then per the Hollywood Reporter article...

And while the cut will contain the many elements Zack has teased over time (yes, expect Darkseid), the duo also relish adding a fair amount of character development. "What's so lovely about this is that we get to explore these characters in ways that you're not able to in a shorter theatrical version."

How will that work? Presumably her New Gods films will eventually tie into the DCU moving forward but will that be different Darkseid from the now non-canon Snyder one? Will the designs be different? Is DuVernay bothered that her film won't be the theatrical, live action debut of Darkseid anymore? What's the point in having a tease for a Darkseid storyline that will never be resolved?

So many questions....

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I kinda feel Batman V Superman should've gotten this treatment also. Just Recast Jesse Eisenburg's Lex and trim down the run time, you could have something better than what was released. Maybe this version will be watchable.. who knows.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
In 2021.... Did their format launch surprise them?
So they want subscriptions next year and not at launch then? Or are people going to keep it for a year?

Oct 25, 2017
For all your sakes, I really hope this is as good as you want it to be.

I don't really see how it could be, because it's built of a foundation of shit, but good luck to you.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How toxic were the "release the Snyder cut" people?

If they were well behaved fine no skin of my nose, hope they enjoy it, but if they acted like toxic dipshits I wouldn't want them give validation.

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020
I'm happy for Snyder fans and I will check it out. Some of y'all need to relax and let other people have their fun without demeaning them.

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
I am really excited to see this, good or bad it's going to be interesting. The worst part of the OG version is that it was bland as all hell.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Given the circumstances that led to the existing Justice League cut, not just tragedy but also the reports that it wasn't delayed to secure executive bonuses, I'm glad this is happening.

Whatever Snyder's version is I'm sure it doesn't include a poorly CG'd upper lip in the very first scene, and that's enough of an improvement.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Fanboy shit aside. This is a win for movies in general. For a director to finish his movie the way he wants to, even after having been butchered by studio interference isn't something that happens