• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, if only it were that simple

tenor.gif

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
99% of them were trash people cheering for this. Yeah there might have been some decent people cheering but it will be a bad movie that will be even worst now. It's not salt when it's accurate.

Some may find it interesting to see but he made three terrible superhero movies and this will be just another example.
Nah this sounds like salt to me lmao

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look at this toxicity.
lol you don't like the truth but there was plenty of toxicity people acting anyone and everyone who didn't like the movies. I'm not saying it was everyone but there was a large group.
Pretty much this. I've never once been toxic, not once harrassed anyone over this, the most I've ever done is a hashtag release thing. But we all just toxic fanboys.

By all means era, stay salty. I'll just sit back and watch it when its released and form my opinion on it then.
Again I stand by what I said not everyone was toxic but there was plenty.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Idk if a lot of people actually want this cut, or this's another Knack 2 situation where a lot of people jump on the meme wagon for the fun of it.

more curiosity from me as the first trailer was vastly different from the final film and whole tone and atmosphere is different. So I be up to see what the original idea is I mean why not watch it if it's bad it's bad who cares if it's alright it's alright

RoninRay

Oct 28, 2017
I hope this becomes a trend. Bring on that 4 hour blade runner 2049 cut and I will take a 3 plus hour cut of fury road .

Oct 27, 2017
I'm ambivalent, but congrats to the peeps who really wanted this and held out to see it. I don't know why so many others are looking to hate on them for that.

Regardless of how you felt about BvS for example, at least the original cut of the film added back in a lot of context that the theatrical one lost so hopefully the same can happen here.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Turning this into an episodic release would make much more sense.

The discussion around it will last longer, even if reviews are terrible from the onset.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cool, I guess. Hard to cheer for a fandom as toxic as this one having success.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
But it doesn't, yet. People were just assuming it was just a matter of clicking a button and the cut was released, when it's not done at all. People just memed it into reality.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Cool for the people that wanted it but I just can't see what they can do to turn it into a good movie without starting completely from scratch.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
With the way this thread is going, half of Era is gonna be on my Ignore list soon lol

Y'all are just sad

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
One interesting point about this that even though we're getting the Snyder Cut, we're still not actually getting the Snyder Cut.

What we're getting is a new product that's built with old footage by what is now a changed man. His personal tragedy, his professional tragedy, his understanding of what made Whedon's JL not work, and the fact that format-wise, this is now a 6 episode miniseries as opposed to a 2.5 hour movie.

As Snyder himself said, this is an entirely new thing. We're getting a Snyder Cut of Justice League....but it's still not the movie we'd have gotten had personal tragedy not forced Snyder to step down from the original production.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is so weird to me, like, you all realize the movie is still going to be terrible, right?

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
If this isn't The Godfather Part II of superhero movies then the hungry fuckwits had better apologise that that money didn't go to Covid_19 research.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh. I hope they do a 4K UHD release of this too. I don't want to sign up for another stupid streaming service for this.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Imagine caring so much about a movie you hate that you constantly troll topics about said movie and then getting upset because you get called out. Like imagine being so much of a loser that you have that much time on your hands. You could learn gardening or something else to keep your abrasive personality away from others.

That's the acceptable tone for this thread, yeah?

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
This is literally a best case scenario for this saga. Snyder is gonna be able to not only finish his vision, but retool it, and tell it with no time limits or direct financial expectations.

He can go nuts

This is a creative miracle

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
coronavirus actually made something positive happen?

i am so interested in this. hopefully they do it in an episodic format, that way they'll just have basically everything they shot and not worry about it being a 4 hour long cut (which they'd most likely cut things out of still)

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I hope they get the old cast back for new scenes. That might up the cost too much though.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
everything Snyder has ever made including the corny owl movie everyone forgets has been better than Justice League.

this recut won't be great, but if its not a total disaster to try and rework the whole movie and salvage it in this post production effort then I'll likely enjoy it more than the crap I saw in theaters.

and yeah like Veelk said this will be a different beast then what was even originally intended so we'll see what happens with it.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
Man I am really glad it is happening. Also it's funny to see people here hating a person and a movie so much even though it won't affect them in any way.

Also who was the guy here with Nightwing avatar who said it was happening behind the scenes

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
100% salt. The people who clamored for this enjoyed BvS. Now you could argue quite rightly about their questionable taste in movies but whether you personally enjoy it is besides the point, it's if they enjoy it.
It's fine people enjoyed it but it's not salt when it's going to turn out terribly just like the rest of them did. It's sad that the money will be wasted on this shit.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The film will still be awful and this will just encourage more dumb social media campaigning.

We all lose.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I still need to watch the theatrical version sometime, but reading that Hollywood Reporter article got me excited for this. They're putting a lot of effort and money into fully realizing this thing rather than just hastily putting out what they easily could. It's a cool idea and I hope the end result is good. I seem to be one of the few people who really enjoyed BvS (I've only seen the extended version though, to be fair), so I'm excited for this.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Why do people care if the movie might end up sucking even worse than OG Justice League? People act like they're footing the bill and being forced to watch the movie against their will.

And who the fuck cares if a bunch of nerds start screaming about what a masterpiece Snyder League is, its all dumb comic book shit.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this becomes a trend. Bring on that 4 hour blade runner 2049 cut and I will take a 3 plus hour cut of fury road .
I'd be in for that 100%
isnt this cheating?
xd
Technically they did go a different direction with visual effects over what he had planned, but other than that the new recorded stuff and scored stuff raises eyebrows. Still in for whatever mess/masterpiece this might be