• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Prepare to be blown away

rQZlcWiQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

This seems like a parody. That's actually the worst read of Watchmen you can have.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm more offended Amber Heard was invited back and celebrated the completion of her scenes recently.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
Batman cursing is fine, but the fact that Snyder is giddy over it like a 12-year old doesn't inspire confidence.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I hope those people screaming "release the Snyder Cut" are happy. This is exactly what you get.

It just feels like edgy teenager bait for people who never grew out of that phase.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
I'll only allow it if Batman is busting a nut when he says it. Can you go that hardcore Zack?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
As I've said before, I will absolutely never understand the diehard fanbase Snyder's DC films have.

www.vox.com

Zack Snyder’s baffling vision for superhero movies, explained by Zack Snyder

Zack Snyder explains why he likes to ruin the superheroes we love.

Everyone says that about [Christopher Nolan's] Batman Begins. "Batman's dark." I'm like, okay, "No, Batman's cool." He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn't, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that's how that would go.

You could call it "high-brow" comics, but to me, that comic book was just pretty sexy! I had a buddy who tried getting me into "normal" comic books, but I was all like, "No one is having sex or killing each other. This isn't really doing it for me." I was a little broken, that way. So when Watchmen came along, I was, "This is more my scene."

The average movie audience has seen — well, I can't even count the amount of superhero movies. Fantastic Four, X-Men, Superman, Spider-Man. The Marvel universe has gone nuts; we're going to have a fricking Captain America movie if we're not careful. Thor, too! We're on our second Hulk movie. And Iron Man — $300 million domestic box office on a second tier superhero!

Rape! Sex! Now THAT'S a dark story!

He doesn't understand any of the characters he is working with. It's actually clear that he doesn't seem to understand the stories he's adapting in general.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
It's probably an "Oh fuck!" line when he's about to get murdered by a swarm of Parademons. So yeah, NBD, but keep harping on the guy cause he made a movie you don't fully like.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The thing's four hours long...unless he has Batman cussing like a pirate, I don't this is that big of an issue.

Probably just a couple fucks and a shit here or there.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Title is misleading?

All I see there is him saying that Batman drops the F-bomb. Not promising it as he's somehow pandering to edgelords.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'm misremebering but didn't he want Batman to get raped in prison or some shit like that?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I look forward to this Rated R For Manly miniseries to be inferior than the worst episode of the Rated Y7 For Children "Justice League." Which is, to be clear, probably the Hawk and Dove episode?

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
"Here's one piece of information nobody knows: The movie is insane and so epic and is probably rated R — that's one thing I think will happen, that it will be an R-rated version, for sure," Snyder tells EW. "We haven't heard from the MPAA, but that's my gut."

I hate him so much.

Antonymous

Dec 20, 2018
Let me know when we're getting the director's director's redux super cut, rated NC-25 (you must be able to rent a vehicle to watch the movie).

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
The only way I would like this would be if it was just a shot-for-shot recreation of the 1966 movie's "sometimes you just can't get rid of a bomb" scene, but instead of carrying around a real bomb he just really has to say "Fuck!" but he keeps running into children and nuns and stuff.

ahaha, that's my favorite bit from 66.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just curious what his full vision of it was compared to Joss's patch job. At least we'll know and stop hearing about the Snyder cut.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
The thing's four hours long...unless he has Batman cussing like a pirate, I don't this is that big of an issue.

Probably just a couple fucks and a shit here or there.

For the most part I agree, I don't think most people would really even notice Batman blurting out a fuck if he gets stomped in the chest or whatever, but it's sort of emblematic of the larger issues Snyder consistently has. Between his "i'm making a movie for Big Boys!" tweet and him apparently thinking it's a big deal that he's getting an R rating because someone gets chopped in half or whatever, his priorities seem...stupid?

Which, I guess, what else is new with Snyder.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
This is why we shit on his movies, but no it's bitch eating cracks right? Happy he can see his vision through but stay the fuck away from DC after this.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
At this point I say fuck it, make this the edgiest edge bullshit hollywood is capable of. It's not like it'll be worst than the original cut.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I already have no doubts this will be terrible, I hope hope that once it's released that he never makes another comic book movie again.

At this point I say fuck it, make this the edgiest edge bullshit hollywood is capable of. It's not like it'll be worst than the original cut.
Your giving him way to much credit. it's going to be much much worst than that.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn, the more I hear about this, the more and more it sounds like some old dumbass shit. DC/Warner Bros really thinks this guy's the savior of the DCCU? Yikes!

They're doing the "Listen to Reddit" approach, worked wonders for Star Wars
Some of the Snyder fanboy chodes are nearing MAGA levels of insufferably (and they HAVE threatened people as well). They shouldn't be catered to.

How many rape scenes will there be? Dude is batting 4 out of 6 according to Maggie Mae Fish, can he make it to 71% of his films?
Was gonna post this. Straight up TRUTH regarding Snyder's movies, his shared themes, and his loyal fanbase!!!

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
It's probably an "Oh fuck!" line when he's about to get murdered by a swarm of Parademons. So yeah, NBD, but keep harping on the guy cause he made a movie you don't fully like.

It's not so much the actual context within the movie so much as him specifically bringing it up as a huge positive as to why it's a better version of the movie.

If it's just an off-hand line it would actually be even more weird and sad.

ConfusingJazz

Not the Ron Paul Texas Fan.
Oct 26, 2017
China
Why R rating? Will Barry demonstrate why he's known as the fastest man alive?

Read most of the Snyder quotes from these type of threads, he wants it to be R for the same reason a 12 year old wants a superhero movie to be R, because it's "not for kids!" or whatever. If there was an good reason for Batman to say fuck, he wouldn't be advertising this.