• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 27, 2018
This is so wild.

I know that Wii U emulation got very far in short amounts of time, because its very similar to the Wii. But from my recollection the only big game that could be emulated well almost day and date with release was Breath of the Wild.

3DS emulation is largely the same story. Took a while to see results that outpaced legit hardware, although its longer life meant a lot of the later games were being emulated quite quickly.

And here we are with the Switch. Emulation can outperform native hardware that isn't on the cusp of being replaced. Its truly amazing work

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
This is so wild.

I know that Wii U emulation got very far in short amounts of time, because its very similar to the Wii. But from my recollection the only big game that could be emulated well almost day and date with release was Breath of the Wild.

3DS emulation is largely the same story. Took a while to see results that outpaced legit hardware, although its longer life meant a lot of the later games were being emulated quite quickly.

And here we are with the Switch. Emulation can outperform native hardware that isn't on the cusp of being replaced. Its truly amazing work

Nvidia Sheild is pretty well documented tech that's pretty old at this point

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not really related to the emulation, but does the whole game have you collecting those papers in that manner? That comes across as really tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.