• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
NQg9acd.png

Revealed on the updated official site
The game released last August for the Switch is coming to other platforms with added content such as more cards, duelists, and the new rules regulation. There will be a free update available for the Switch with the added content.
Collect 10,000+ Cards! Seems like the game will include up to Duel Overload TCG since Predaplant Verte Anaconda is included
Play with Revised Rules 2020 coming to the actual TCG in April, basically removes extra deck cards requiring link monsters to spam
Over 150 Iconic Duelists, added more VRAINS content with Soulburner, Blue Maiden, Ai, and more

English trailer

Last edited:

Rob2K19

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They could have easily launched the day before "Master Rules 2020/4/1 Revised", but decided to do it 1 week earlier. Lol

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
It's nice that they aren't making the west wait super long this time around.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017

Japanese PV reveals an animation for Salamangreat Heat Leo, Borreload Dragon, and some limited cards.

Salamangreat Circle
Crystron Halqifibrax

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
I may have to look into this. My boy (6) has just got into watching the series, and I love to irritate him repeatedly when he asks me to do stuff by shouting "AND THEN I PLAY THE CARD DARK MAGICIAN IN ATTACK MODE" halfway through whatever he is saying.
It's probably the best way to get into the game if you're not up for spending cash monies on the cards.

Vibed

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finally.

Is it less pay to win than Duel Links?
There are no microtransactions. However, you buy card packs with in game currency and cards are not removed from the pool when you have 3 of them, so you've got to grind a LOT to get some exceptionally rare cards.

Last edited:

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of really cool cards were released in 2019 and early 2020 so I'm glad to see them added to the game.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
ET3G9P3U4AU5ZiJ

Looks like the new trap monster ruling (they do not take up a spell/trap zone) was also implemented into this update!

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
I have a question about the game. Can you unlock all cards through the booster packs or are some cards locked behind reverse duels or challenges?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I have a question about the game. Can you unlock all cards through the booster packs or are some cards locked behind reverse duels or challenges?

Honestly I wish every card was unlockable via a duel or challenge, trying to get 3 copies of all the rare cards in a pack can takes 100k+ dp to get.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I wish every card was unlockable via a duel or challenge, trying to get 3 copies of all the rare cards in a pack can takes 100k+ dp to get.

That or if you could maybe get some points back if you already have three. Even a small amount back would be appreciated. I suppose that might break the system though.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
That or if you could maybe get some points back if you already have three. Even a small amount back would be appreciated. I suppose that might break the system though.

Or every 5 packs without a new card you are guaranteed a new card, something, ANYTHING would be better then what we currently have

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Or every 5 packs without a new card you are guaranteed a new card, something, ANYTHING would be better then what we currently have

That'd be good too. I'm still unlocking cards and have a few packs near finished but getting the last few new cards or copies has been a pain.

At least it doesn't cost real money.

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
Is it $40 across all platforms? I think I'd pay $20 max - that's how much Legacy of the Duelist came out for at launch although there's a ton of optional DLC.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate to say it, but it got boring to me about midway through the 5D's campaign (played on Switch). If you build a good Gravekeeper deck you can just roflstomp the campaign AI. And RNG kept screwing me when I tried to build other decks.

I might give it another try on Xbox at some point.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I hate to say it, but it got boring to me about midway through the 5D's campaign (played on Switch). If you build a good Gravekeeper deck you can just roflstomp the campaign AI. And RNG kept screwing me when I tried to build other decks.

Try playing the story mode with the story decks? A decent gk deck will shut down 95% of the story duels because most decks don't have the back row removal to keep necrovalley from crippling their strategy.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States

You're going to win every single story game with absolute boredom with any remotely decent constructed deck. That should generally only be used for grinding.

Nov 9, 2017
RĂ©union
You're going to win every single story game with absolute boredom with any remotely decent constructed deck. That should generally only be used for grinding.

The game is the almost the same as Legacy of the Duelists, right? Then, the story decks should be bad. But because they're so bad, it offers a nice challenge, although those decks sometimes rely heavily on luck.

Last edited:

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Is there no story text for the new Vrains chapters? Just want to make sure I'm not getting a bug or something.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
Is there no story text for the new Vrains chapters? Just want to make sure I'm not getting a bug or something.
Go figure. They're scraping by the bare minimum of "it's up to date, tcg is on hiatus, and duel links is even grindier".

Game really isn't worth more than $20, which is what you couls get it for after selling the promos or by buying it from the Japanese store.

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
Kinda dumb the game doesn't show you the pack where a card was found. Having to use a website for that is annoying. The old DS games had that feature.