• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
is Dark Hole on the banlist?

latest

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
There are no people to play online for the specific battle pack I'm using. That's unfortunate. I wonder how the online works. Maybe I can only play against people using the English version?

Is there seriously no way to see what cards out of a pack I've gotten, or what pack a card came out of/etc?
I was trying to find this too, couldn't find anything.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Personally I'm waiting for the western release(plus it's battling for my wallet and I don't do the region eshop change stuff)

But I'm wondering how the draft/sealed mode works, and could we do an era tournament lobby with it?

Cyple

Jan 9, 2018
So, what is the easiest way to buy from the Japanese E-shop directly? I am from the US and I usually just buy a code off Amazon Jp, I know they are not allowing that anymore so I figured I would ask.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Obligatory

I think I'll wait for the EN release. Too lazy to make a new account for this. Excited to try out the new extra deck stuff. Do they still have the reverse story mode duels where every level can be played with the villain's deck?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Obligatory

I think I'll wait for the EN release. Too lazy to make a new account for this. Excited to try out the new extra deck stuff. Do they still have the reverse story mode duels where every level can be played with the villain's deck?

That is hilarious

Also draft/sealed would be so hilarious with a draft pack with exodia

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

RadioJoNES

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was also very temped, but I don't want to have to get yen everytime there's an eventual DLC pack I want.

Jan 9, 2018
I should mention Revolver is not in the game.

The full list of playable characters is this:
Duel Chaser 227

This is amazing in its own way, I can't believe they actually have this guy in this game lmao. I'm assuming he's carrying over from the previous version of the game or something, because if not it'd be hilarious if we really got this guy over Revolver.

I'm disappointed to hear the game doesn't let you use the old ruleset during the story campaigns, it's just not going to be the same imo. This has been my problem with Link monsters from their introduction, other summoning methods only ever made previous ones feel outdated at most, it didn't actively prevent you from playing it the same way (casually, anyways, I'm sure the metagame has people swarming fields with Links and Synchros or something by now). It is what it is though, oh well.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
This is amazing in its own way, I can't believe they actually have this guy in this game lmao. I'm assuming he's carrying over from the previous version of the game or something, because if not it'd be hilarious if we really got this guy over Revolver.

I'm disappointed to hear the game doesn't let you use the old ruleset during the story campaigns, it's just not going to be the same imo. This has been my problem with Link monsters from their introduction, other summoning methods only ever made previous ones feel outdated at most, it didn't actively prevent you from playing it the same way (casually, anyways, I'm sure the metagame has people swarming fields with Links and Synchros or something by now). It is what it is though, oh well.

They have Random Knight of Hanoi over Revolver.

It's clear they didn't want to include the Link Anime in a game that has Link in the title

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
Ran into a glitch during the duel between Yugi and Yami Yugi. Screen turned pink when I used Monster Reborn on his Dark Magician. Had to close the game. First problem I've had with the game

Suicune

Oct 27, 2017
Ran into a glitch during the duel between Yugi and Yami Yugi. Screen turned pink when I used Monster Reborn on his Dark Magician. Had to close the game. First problem I've had with the game

Had the same issue when I summoned Blue Eyes with Ancient Rules, i had to keep pausing and unpausing the game while the summon animation happened a few frames a time, very annoying.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
If I purchase this from the JP eshop can I play against EU players when it releases or will I always be confined to connecting to JP players only?

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Really tempted to try this but I have completed the part release fully before and not sure if I want to unlock everything again. I would be most interested in the Arc V duels since o never got the part dlc. Shame that online is paid on the switch cause the AI is pretty simple in this one.

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
It was cool playing the story decks toward the end of the OG series. I didn't know they made cards for the Legendary Dragons, so that was nice to see.

Going from that to the OG Elemental Heroes is... something.

The new Red Eyes' cards are awesome too. They're really trying to bring those old cards back into relevance, huh?

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
So are we stuck with a single artwork for all cards like in the last one, or can you change card arts like in the 360 games?

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
It was cool playing the story decks toward the end of the OG series. I didn't know they made cards for the Legendary Dragons, so that was nice to see.

The new Red Eyes' cards are awesome too. They're really trying to bring those old cards back into relevance, huh?

Which cards are you talking about exactly?

Red-Eyes has a TON of support

Last edited:

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
Which cards are you talking about exactly?

Red-Eyes has a TON of support
I've seen the ones they give Joey toward the end of the campaign, so they revolve around Lord of Red. The speed at which I was ritual summoning that and special summoning Red Eyes from the GY while destroying my opponent's cards through Lord of Red's effect felt like I was playing a Synchro or Xyz deck, except there were no Link restrictions.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
You can get pretty creative with them, even back in the day. Miracle Fusion and utilizing the Warrior toolbox tutors make for a decently functioning deck. I'm sure fusion spells and tutoring have gotten even stronger since.

Ahh, now I want to buy this and go make a D-Hero deck again.

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
You can get pretty creative with them, even back in the day. Miracle Fusion and utilizing the Warrior toolbox tutors make for a decently functioning deck. I'm sure fusion spells and tutoring have gotten even stronger since.
Yeahhh, it's decent, if you get a fusion card. I actually really like the archetype. But when they're giving you the OG Elemental Heroes and the Hero-specific magic cards, it just makes you sad lol especially when you can only have 1 fusion monster on the field at a time.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Yeahhh, it's decent, if you get a fusion card. I actually really like the archetype. But when they're giving you the OG Elemental Heroes and the Hero-specific magic cards, it just makes you sad lol especially when you can only have 1 fusion monster on the field at a time.

It makes zero sense to not let you use these guys:

latest

latest

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Awesome; A Yu-Gi-Oh game on the Switch!

I'm a newcomer to these games, by the way; I just watch the shows on TV & the Japanese versions online.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Yeah, just got Decimator from the card shop, looks sick. I love this Jaden booster pack.

I mean if they want to give you the OG GX experience, then they wouldn´t be using the Master Rules.

If they were going to make a campaign with the old series but the new rules, just go all the way and have the decks with their Links. It's called Link Evolution FFS

Instead, they just made a frustrating experience, as you can´t replicate some of the coolest show moments with the current limitation

Last edited:

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
I mean if they want to give you the OG GX experience, then they wouldn´t be using the Master Rules.

If they were going to make a campaign with the old series but the new rules, just go all the way.

Instead, they just made a frustrating experience, as you can´t replicate some of the coolest show moments with the current limitation
I guess it would be hard to program multiple rulesets into the game, so they met halfway by having the current rules and old cards... Yeah, not the best way to do it. Would be cool to give all the characters the deck they would use if they had access to all the cards.

I still use the story decks though. Provides a certain challenge, and it sometimes introduces me to cards I didn't know were released while I was only watching the anime for so many years.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Been trying to get this on the Japanese Eshop and began to realize, I can't pay lol.

I have no clue how to actually pay for stuff on the eshop. Tried finding some Eshop cards online but no luck.

Guess I'll wait for the US release. Hope it's not long. I really want to play a yugioh game on switch.

Vibed

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Been trying to get this on the Japanese Eshop and began to realize, I can't pay lol.

I have no clue how to actually pay for stuff on the eshop. Tried finding some Eshop cards online but no luck.

Guess I'll wait for the US release. Hope it's not long. I really want to play a Yugioh game on switch.
I set up a Japanese paypal then linked a proxy credit card onto that using Privacy.com to purchase directly off the eshop. Didn't work at first but some time later, I tried again and the purchase was accepted.

Its probably easier to wait for an English release than jump through hoops but I'm impatient

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For people interested in trying out meta archetypes, the new thunder dragon cards are in Kaiba's pack, alongside the original

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Guess I'll wait for the US release. Hope it's not long. I really want to play a yugioh game on switch.
play asia has Japanese eshop cards that can be bought easily

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I made a japanese paypal and use a privacy card to pay for it, works well for me

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Finally pulled my boy.

latest

(Currently playing on a friend's Switch, I´m also waiting for the western release as I share a switch with my GF...and it´s her turn to keep it this month lol )

Next Up, pulling my other boi.

latest

Last edited: