• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This was announced in December.

There's actually gameplay from early January that someone posted in the comments section on my site that I'm just noticing:

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm genuinely surprised there isn't a massively popular Trails gacha game yet. The cast rivals Fire Emblem's in terms of size and popular tropes (tropes don't always = bad btw). Feels like money sitting on the table.

This meanwhile looks... odd. I presume it's not developed by Falcom, at least. Especially not with Adol speakin' people words over here.

mhw5nK1.jpg

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'm genuinely surprised there isn't a massively popular Trails gacha game yet. The cast rivals Fire Emblem's in terms of size and popular tropes (tropes don't always = bad btw). Feels like money sitting on the table.

This meanwhile looks... odd. I presume it's not developed by Falcom, at least.
I have no idea how it did, but Akatsuki no Kiseki exists:

20190716_045930.jpg

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
This was announced in December.

There's actually gameplay from early January that someone posted in the comments section on my site that I'm just noticing:

That doesn't like like Ys VI, at all..

Why specifically use Ys VI if they changed so much of the game? I expected they use the same assets and gameplay, while adding online elements to it. That might be interesting instead of this generic mobile crap.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea how it did, but Akatsuki no Kiseki exists:

20190716_045930.jpg

Not surprised that there's something, just the relative lack of popularity, I guess? Maybe if the mobile version gets localized it'll blow up but it's had a few years already. At least it's seen ports to multiple platforms in Japan so it must be doing alright for itself.

Plus Fie is right there so they got one of the best characters front and center.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine anything more miserable (gaming-wise) than Ys on a mobile phone's touch screen.

Does the "online" part mean gacha crap?

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Falcom's always done this.

License out an existing game IP to another pub/dev, and they do whatever the hell they want with it.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Now this is random.
I hope this isn't Ys6's shot at remake, I want Celceta treatment.