• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.dualshockers.com/ys-ix-monstrum-nox-japanese-release-date-adol-dogi/amp/

f9xCFoU.png

Toshihiro Kondo says that Adol has his trademark red-hair camouflaged, a scarf covering his face and doesn't wear his adventurer gear to avoid being recognized. Kondo also said that Dogi will play an active role in Ys IX, both in the story and gameplay, and that "Dogi is so important it's like he's Adol's wife".

Apparently he's on the run from the Romun military again. I'm surprised he didn't think of him dying his own hair earlier since everyone recognizes him by his unique, bright red hair.

Falcom won't make Adol gay but they should. Dogi is clearly Adol's soulmate and has appeared in most Ys games, and not one of the waifus he throws away after every game.

New gameplay showing Adol and his new abilities as a Monstrum:

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone knows Adol is bi.

Brother spreads the love wherever he goes.

As for the game itself, after VIII, I'm fully on board. One of the best action RPGs I've ever played.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Adol and Dogi being a couple makes perfect sense lol, only wife he doesn't leave behind.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
In my canon Lilia will always be Adol's wife.

And no, I never played the console games where she appeared post ys 2

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Is my headcanon actually becoming a reality??? please falcom give me this

please

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Dogi? The buff guy that helps you escape the jail cell?

I should play the rest of this series, I enjoyed Ys I lol

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Yeah that is clearly just a map they cleared of NPCs to showcase movement. No use getting worked up over it at this point.

Also I don't think they will make Adol canonically gay or bi... but I'm not writing off the possibility.

Last edited:

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Ys IV was an oddball. The two conflicting versions of it, Dawn of Ys and Mask of the Sun, were never canonical since both were licensed out and neither was developed by Falcom. When they finally decided to make their own version with the Celceta remake, we finally got a canonical Ys IV entry. I THINK I recall them stating, at one point, that Mask of the Sun was closer to their original design docs for the game than Dawn of Ys, however. Don't quote me on that point, though.

I was a bit shocked to see them do away with his trademark red-hair look, but if he's a Monstrum on the run from the Romun Empire, that'd make sense. Still has the red hair in that demo footage though. I wonder if the dyed hair will be done away with at some point in the story. I suspect so.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, okay. Adol's sacrilegious blue hair is merely a clever disguise. That's fine. He better revert to redhead in at least one climactic battle though!

Also, Dogi + Adol is totally already a thing, lol.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tbh it wouldn't surprise me if Adol and Dogi were gay and were lovers. Adol has turned down lovestruck ladies on literally every continent in the Ys world, yet who does he always have by his side? Dogi. Dogi is definitely crushing Adol's walls.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Considering Dogi is the closest thing Adol has to a lifetime partner, I could be convinced to ship it.

What I ship more is adol with his red hair though. I like that new design, but it feels weird to see a character without a head full of red hair who's Adol. That's like *his* thing. It's like if they put out a Mario game without his stashe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sun's Resting Place
Oct 25, 2017
Considering Dogi is the closest thing Adol has to a lifetime partner, I could be convinced to ship it.

What I ship more though is adol with his red hair though. I like that new design, but it feels weird to see a character without a head full of red hair who's Adol. That's like *his* thing. It's like if they put out a Mario game without his stashe.
The gameplay shows Adol with red hair, along with promo art, so it may just be a prologue thing before he gets into the meat of the story.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
99% chance they have the enemies turned off for the purpose of demoing movement.

I was thinking more of bland empty instead of empty empty. I know they want to do big environment to accommodate those teleports and flying maneuvre, but I wish they created more tight and densely detailed level designs instead, even if it meant smaller, more linear paths.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Do you people just not have friends or something? Not everyone you're close to is a sexual partner.
Normal people = They're best friends/co-workers/buddies
Fans = They're lovers and gonna have sex

Repeat this for all the other games you've played.

"Dogi is like Adol's wife" appears to be a quote directly from the president of nihon falcom, so i'm not sure where all this "you people" and "fans" is coming from.