• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 months) - Downplaying & Justification of Harassment

So basically last year Kurt0411 who was a pro Fifa player got banned from events. Today EA have banned his decade old fut founders account, which he probably has spent thousands on.

Kurt has been a outspoken person of EA and their staff over the last year. He criticised the gameplay and servers. He also criticised how they paid pro players measly amounts compared to other esports considering how much EA make off Fifa. He is probably one of the few Fifa streamers who has called them out and doesn't sit there opening packs all day like some twitch streamers promoting gambling to kids. He has in the past called those streamers out.

Has he gone overboard at times? Yes he has. Does his account deserve to be banned? Not for me. Think a warning or temporary suspension would have been sufficient. I guarantee if Kurt was one of those streamers who was just sitting there opening packs all day and calling the gameplay shit, I doubt EA would have done a thing.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Has he gone overboard at times? Yes he has. Does his account deserve to be banned? Not for me. Think a warning or temporary suspension would have been sufficient. I guarantee if Kurt was one of those streamers who was just sitting there opening packs all day and calling the gameplay shit, I doubt EA would have done a thing.
Definitely gunna need some elaboration

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why was he banned? You kinda glossed over that.EA's letter implies some crazy stuff.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has he gone overboard at times? Yes he has. Does his account deserve to be banned? Not for me
Dude. He made threats of violence? Fuck him.
I guarantee if Kurt was one of those streamers who was just sitting there opening packs all day and calling the gameplay shit, I doubt EA would have done a thing.
Probably not. Because you know - that's not abusive or threatening behaviour you goober. What a purely disingenuous thread.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
That EA statement claims he threatened people. I'm curious to what extent.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
kotaku.com

YouTuber Banned From Every EA Game And Online Service After Rants, Threats

Kurt “Kurt0411” Fenech, a FIFA Pro who is probably more notorious/famous for his YouTube presence, has been hit with one of the most severe online punishments I’ve ever seen, having been banned by EA from playing any of the company’s games online or even accessing any of their online services.

EA statement :
Since that time, Kurt has continued to post abusive and threatening messages and videos about EA employees and competitive players on social media and he has encouraged others to do the same. His messages have crossed a line of decency into very personal attacks and breach our Terms of Service. We will not tolerate threatening behavior. As a result, today Kurt0411's EA account will be banned from playing our games and accessing our services due to these serious and repeated violations.

Kotaku :

Shortly after his ban, a number of EA Sports employees had their Twitter accounts hacked, while Fenech was telling viewers of his YouTube channel extremely normal things like "In reality, every single one of these employees who has worked on the last couple of games should be unemployed right now" and "It's about damn time you start caring about us. We deserve justice. We deserve a damn football game."

Looks like he's very toxic and it wasn't his first warning...

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Are we sure that he didnt something ban worthy? I know that EA BAD and all but there must be lots of influencers from their games shitting on the company

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
So he's threatened employees and other players and tries to rally his followers to harass them too? The dude sounds like a total piece of shit. Deserves the ban. Twitch should ban his entire channel.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
From the way your post sounds, he was banned for just being angry with EA's policies. Which if they banned him for that reason is a super bad look, then again it is par for the course with EA.

Edit: Okay, from your elaboration, I understand why EA banned him. Railing against microtransactions is something we can all get behind, but the extent of how he is doing it is not kosher at all.

Oct 29, 2017
I mean, dudes a peice of shit if he's threatening competetive players and employees. Hopefuly he never gets his account back

Kinda makes you think what kind of a person OP is..

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
Why are you defending him if he has made threats of violence? Surely they can't be out of nowhere

Water

The Retro Archivist
Oct 30, 2017
OP you seem like you're adding a slant on this and holding back information. I have no idea who this is but why aren't you giving actual examples of the times he went "overboard" and let people decided versus trying to get everyone to rally against evil EA because you like this person.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
So did he say anything racist and/or homophobic and/or sexist?

Any calls to violence and/or harassment to the devs?

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
The best thing that could possibly happen is for that game to die a death I'm afraid.
It breeds one of the most toxic communities in gaming history. And the company that create the game aren't that much better themselves.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
male-hand-clutching-pearls-BR0CAE.jpg

If white men can't make threatening comments or gestures over the Internet with impunity we're just one step away from tyranny!

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I don't think anyone should be permanently banned from downloading and playing legitimately-purchased games, but being banned from online modes is A-OK. Especially if the guy is threatening people.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
Are we sure that he didnt something ban worthy? I know that EA BAD and all but there must be lots of influencers from their games shitting on the company

Nope. Most the big streamers are happy to sit there open packs all day and rarely actually play the game. It's a cash cow for them. They get views for people to watch them open packs.

They also get invited to events from EA. They not going to hurt their cash cow by criticising EA.

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
Everytime one of these "Streamer is banned for unjust reasons!" threads comes up and it doesn't say EXACTLY what they were banned for in the OP, you know its going to not look good on the guy.

EDIT: oh my god the diss track

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
He did a lot of ban worthy things, which is why he was banned. Pros and personalities shitting on EA while sucking from their corporate teat is nothing new and they've all been fine so what he did must have crossed the line.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
"Since that time, Kurt has continued to post abusive and threatening messages and videos about EA employees and competitive players on social media and he has encouraged others to do the same. His messages have crossed a line of decency into very personal attacks and breach our Terms of Service."

uhhh if this is true then fuck him? backfire thread inc.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
According to the EA presser it says he threatened and sent abuse at EA/staff members. Honestly that seems like enough of a reason to ban someone. Would've been nice if the OP was less biased and actually posted his apparent abusive behaviour.

I really don't like how this thread has been constructed to make people actually bat for EA of all scummy companies.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
kotaku.com

Kurt “Kurt0411” Fenech, a FIFA Pro who is probably more notorious/famous for his YouTube presence, has been hit with one of the most severe online punishments I’ve ever seen, having been banned by EA from playing any of the company’s games online or even accessing any of their online services.

EA statement :

Kotaku :

Ehm, OP, are you sure about what you said?

Because this sounds 100% ban worthy for me

grand

Oct 25, 2017
kotaku.com

EA statement :

Kotaku :

Yeah, this needs to be edited into the OP

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Good, shut the door in his abusive face. He's not the victim.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
"Since that time, Kurt has continued to post abusive and threatening messages and videos about EA employees and competitive players on social media and he has encouraged others to do the same. His messages have crossed a line of decency into very personal attacks and breach our Terms of Service."

uhhh if this is true then fuck him? backfire thread inc.

Yeah seems now obvious why OP didn't give details like this.....

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
He threatened employees. There should be no middle ground or debate when it comes to making examples out of people that its not fucking ok to threaten people.

My issues with EA aside he had it coming.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm prepared to be wrong here but I'm like 99.9% certain a company like EA wouldn't release a statement publicly condemning an individual of harassment, threatening behaviour and targeted attacks unless they have sufficient evidence to back that up. I'm gonna take them at their word even though my insight on this situation currently is limited.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
kotaku.com

EA statement :

Kotaku :

Um yeah screw this guy.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Good job making sure everyone knew some streamer you like is shitty, I guess? Maybe rethink how acceptable this kind of behavior is before trying to complain about this supposed injustice.

Status
Not open for further replies.